2nd Trimester

Coccyx Bone

Hi All,

This maybe a strange question, but has anyone else experienced a sore coccyx bone and pain when sitting? I'm 14 weeks and have been experiencing this pain for a week. Is this normal?

Thanks
A

Re: Coccyx Bone

• Yep, haven't found anything that helps much other than sitting with a soft cushion.
    Baby Boy #2
    Due Date 11/10/16
  • Yes, this started for me around 18 weeks. I try to get up often and walk around, or change positions in my chair. If it gets really bad I might consider getting one of those donut cushions!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Omg, yes! I thought I sprained my butt somehow at first because it started around 8 weeks for me! I have to sit on a pillow at work and it even bothers me if I'm in the car. What an annoying symptom but I'm glad I'm not the only one
  • Thanks for sharing ladies. I'm so glad to know this is normal, as much as it sucks.
  • OMG YES! It comes and goes but is super annoying. I have found that kind of lunging when I walk seems to help. It looks totally ridiculous and DH forbids it in public but it works for me :-)
  • I sneezed this morning and felt a pop in mine.  Now it hurts to sit or get up. Ugh.

• Yes. It's worse when I'm in the motion of standing up or sitting down. I fractured my coccyx and my sacrum last summer, and it feels very similar.
    imageimage 
  • I had horrible coccyx pain for about 3-4 weeks during 2nd tri with DD.  I went for physiotherapy assessment and treatment; the stretches the PT showed me helped the pain tremendously (SI joint issues).  I also sat on a wedge cushion with my tailbone just hanging off the edge of it to avoid putting additional pressure, and that made a big difference, too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"