April 2013 Moms

Early Bedtime

My daughter goes to bed at 6 pm every night. She takes her bedtime very seriously and there's nothing I can do to stop it. Meltdown begins at 5 or 530 and she's out by 6. I shouldn't complain because she sleeps all the way until 4 am before needing a feed. It also allows us to have time without baby. But man, sometimes I wish she be a little more flexible with the time. We surely won't get to go out to eat anytime soon for dinner. Tonight I brought her to a baby shower/party that started at 4:30. We had to leave by 5:30 because she started melting down. The thing that makes me the most sad is that she will be in bed by the time I get home from work most days. Anyone else have a super early bedtime?

Re: Early Bedtime

• Not yet with my son, but we did with my daughter. I would get home from work at 5 and she was in bed by 6. It does make things like going out to dinner difficult, and my husband would often get home after she was asleep, but it doesn't last forever. You will be glad in the long run that she has such great sleep habits. And after a while she will be able to switch it up and stay up every once in a while without a melt down. Stick to it even if you feel bad about not spending enough time with her after work. Sleep is so important to their brains and bodies. My son goes to bed around 7:30 but as soon as he drops his late afternoon nap he will be a 6:00 one as well I imagine.
  • DS used to stay up until 9:30 or so and now is going down around 7:30-8. It is really nice to have that extra time in the evenings with DH, so hopefully you guys get in some QT together! I'm sure it's hard not really seeing much of LO after work though :-(
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Loading the player...
  • yup, DH and I joke that our only change to eat out is early bird specials.  Seriously though, 3pm on Sunday afternoon is our "family date time".  On the other hand it kinda works to our benefit because the restaurants are dead and we get served super fast.  Plus if/when LO melts down, the place is empty and no one has to endure "that" baby.  lol

We get a little bit longer, as ours goes down around 7 but meltdowns begin around 5

• Bedtime around here is 8 o'clock ish...but we're up every two hours. Does that count as early? Lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Official bedtime is btwn 8-830 but meltdowns start about 630-7
  • 6:30 here- just for the past two weeks. I love it and she's SO much happier.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Official bedtime is btwn 8-830 but meltdowns start about 630-7

Us too.
  • Yup. 6 o clock. Exactly the same with mostly one feeding around 4. It is nice to have an evening with dh but he doesn't get to see him really until the weekend. Better that you see your LO happy and well rested than cranky and miserable. My ds1 did this too but as he got older its been a little bit later of a bed time and he can be more flexible.
  • suedell said:
    Yup. 6 o clock. Exactly the same with mostly one feeding around 4. It is nice to have an evening with dh but he doesn't get to see him really until the weekend. Better that you see your LO happy and well rested than cranky and miserable. My ds1 did this too but as he got older its been a little bit later of a bed time and he can be more flexible.

How old was he when he started to be more flexible?
  • With our first, flexibility didn't really come at a specific age, rather at at time when her routine was established enough that a night off of the routine wouldn't confuse her. I don't really remember how long that was though.
    We also tried to encourage flexibility within the routine to keep us from ever going out. We would opt to go over to a friend's house instead of out to a reataurant so we could still put her down to sleep at the same time with the same routine just in a different location. She did great going back to sleep when we got home and we still got to feel like normal adults and have some tume out with other adults :). She is now 3 and will still go to bed great in other locations.
  • asc34 said:

suedell said:

Yup. 6 o clock. Exactly the same with mostly one feeding around 4. It is nice to have an evening with dh but he doesn't get to see him really until the weekend. Better that you see your LO happy and well rested than cranky and miserable. My ds1 did this too but as he got older its been a little bit later of a bed time and he can be more flexible.

How old was he when he started to be more flexible?

Around 2. But every kid is different.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"