July 2013 Moms

Hunter Update

Hunter has been up and down today. We are still waiting on his blood culture results to find out for sure if he has sepsis. They're not sure what would have caused it if that's what it is, but it sure looks like it is sepsis.

He did great through the night and this morning, fed lots and nursed like a champ, but we haven't been able to wake him up enough to eat since then. I finger fed him a few drops at 3:30, and hopefully he will wake up again soon. We even gave him a bath, and he slept through the whole thing! The NICU nurse tried all her tricks to no avail.

It's looking like he won't be up with me before tomorrow, so I will likely get discharged - I would really appreciate your prayers for a room to stay in down at the NICU to be available so I don't have to try and go back and forth from home every few hours to feed him, although I will if I need to.

They are doing a procedure on a very sick baby in there now, so we were asked to leave. I'm going to eat and try to get another hour's sleep if I can.

Hope everyone else is doing well!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
imageimage

Re: Hunter Update

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"