Pennsylvania Babies
Options

Probably moving to PA this coming year.

Hello everyone! I am young mom with two kids from MO. One two and the other 6 months. My husband with his schooling and job it looks like we are moving to PA in the next year or so. My mother is also moving there this coming year. I have been ther twice already and fell in love with the state. You are just genuinely friendly! I have fall in in love with this town of Jim Thorpe! Also while they are still little is would be nice to move to nicer place and not take them away from friends.

But I was just wanting to message this board to meet a few people and get too know about any local events, local moms, what you all do. Also if any of you are nurses what is the job market like. I am going back to school to become an LPN nurse, while my kids are still little, that way when it comes to their schooling my schooling doesn't get in the way, I also can have job by then.

Just wanted to see meet a few people,because I don't want to be completely alone when I move up there. I am still not sure what town I move too, it all depends on which position my husband will be moving too, but I really like the little town of Jim Thorpe, PA. Very slow paced and friendly. :)

Re: Probably moving to PA this coming year.

• Options
    Not sure where that is,  but maybe the Philadelphia board would be more helpful.  
  • Options
    Good luck on the move! I moved to Harrisburg about 3 years ago from the Baltimore/DC area. I'd be about an hour and a half away from you.....PA is a big place. Look me up anytime. Hope everything is going well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Jim Thorpe is close to Allentown which is about 2 hrs. from Harrisburg.  My uncle and family live there and have lived there for over 25 years!  They love it :)  My cousin actually is a nurse at Lehigh Valley Hospital---she's the one who lives in Jim Thorpe.  Not sure how far of a drive that is for her or all that much about how she got her job, but I know when she talks about it she loves it :)  wishing you the best of luck.  I always enjoyed visiting the town very much.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"