TTC After a Loss

Whatcha makin'? NTTCAL Related

What yummy recipes are you lovely ladies making this week?
I'm heading to the grocery store this evening and feeling very uninspired.

Re: Whatcha makin'? NTTCAL Related

• I love my crock pot and tried this recipe the other day and it turned out yummy. It called for red wine and darn it I had to open a bottle...we cant have wasted wine.

https://divadicucina.com/2012/07/23/recipe-crock-pot-french-dip-sandwiches/
    align="center">

BFP #1 9/6/2009 EDD 5/29/10. Missy Moo born 5/12/10 after 3 months of bedrest due to PTL, IC and a bicornuate ute causing IUGR
    BFP # 2 1/28/12 EDD 10/6/12 No heartbeat seen @ 10 weeks, Autumn
    BFP #3 8/18/12 EDD 5/2/13 No heartbeat seen at 7w3d, Mae
    BFP #4 01/31/2013 EDD 10/15/2013 No HB seen in our little girl at 10w2d due to trisomy 12, Abigail
    BFP #5 6/27/2013 EDD 3/10/2014 diagnosed with protein S deficiency heparin twice a day. Luke's HB stopped at 8wks
    BFP#6 12/22/2013 EDD 9/4/2014 No HB seen at 7w2d, Leia

BFP #7- 5/12/14 EDD 01/2015, ruptured ectopic 5/31/14

• zapgurl44 said:
    I love my crock pot and tried this recipe the other day and it turned out yummy. It called for red wine and darn it I had to open a bottle...we cant have wasted wine. https://divadicucina.com/2012/07/23/recipe-crock-pot-french-dip-sandwiches/
    Sounds delish @zapgurl44! I also agree with you, no need to EVER waste a drop
    :D
  • Loading the player...
  • This is one of my favorite new recipes. I used the sauce with broccoli and chicken on top of the pasta. Think Alfredo with none of the guilt, or the belly ache after from all the oil and cream
    :x

https://threemanycooks.com/recipes/salads-and-sides/linguini-with-creamy-avocado-sauce/
  • Here is the BEST potato soup I have ever had!! I have made it 3 times since I found the recipe. Simple, quick and DELICIOUS!! 

~I.L.M Aryian Ella'Rose 3/1/12-3/3/12 TTC #2 since December 2012~image
  • Making banana chocolate chip cookies. Recipe is in my blog, click the banana or cookie tag.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Making banana chocolate chip cookies. Recipe is in my blog, click the banana or cookie tag.
    Oh Junebug!!! I think you are my new Bump crush---ladies that can cook are so awesome!! I am going to be stealing a lot of these recipes!!!
  • Spicy veggies with whole wheat pasta.  It's easy and fast:  Saute chopped veggies (broccoli, bell peppers, zucchini, shallots, fresh garlic) in olive oil with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and red chili pepper flakes.  Once they're soft and/or starting to brown, add enough marinara sauce (with a splash of red wine if you'd like) to coat the veggies and then add fresh chopped tomatoes and top with basil.  Add cooked pasta once it's finished.  It doesn't take long at all to make.  I like to add sliced olives on top of mine.  Maybe I'll break from my plant-based diet and grill some salmon with lemon and dill to have on the side, too. 
    Began trying for a baby January 2012
    BFP 4.25.2013  EDD 1.3.2014  MMC 6.3.2013  D&C 6.19.2013
    BFP 11.3.2013  CP 11.6.2013
    BFP 3.31.2014 EDD 12.10.2014 Baby boy Carlson born 12.19.2014 
  • Spicy veggies with whole wheat pasta.  It's easy and fast:  Saute chopped veggies (broccoli, bell peppers, zucchini, shallots, fresh garlic) in olive oil with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and red chili pepper flakes.  Once they're soft and/or starting to brown, add enough marinara sauce (with a splash of red wine if you'd like) to coat the veggies and then add fresh chopped tomatoes and top with basil.  Add cooked pasta once it's finished.  It doesn't take long at all to make.  I like to add sliced olives on top of mine.  Maybe I'll break from my plant-based diet and grill some salmon with lemon and dill to have on the side, too. 
    Yum - this sounds like a good work lunch and H would LOVE it!  Thanks!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I just made rum punch. Cheers!

Oh Junebug!!! I think you are my new Bump crush---ladies that can cook are so awesome!! I am going to be stealing a lot of these recipes!!!

Glad you like it (like it on FB!). They are a collection of recipes I have found here and there. I give credit to the source if its known.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• I haven't tried these yet, but one of my coworkers made them this past week and said they were great! 

Sweet Baby #1 - BFP 3/27/13 - EDD 12/7/13 - Blighted Ovum and D&C 4/25/13 @ 7w5d
    Sweet Baby #2 - BFP 8/16/13 - EDD 4/26/14 - Natural MC 8/24/13 @ 5w

Sweet Baby #3 - BFP 9/20/13 - EDD 5/31/14 **stick, little miracle, stick**

BabyFetus Ticker

12/15/13 - Oh my gosh... it's a BOY!! 
  • I've got to make some zucchini bread and use up done if the massive zucchinis from my garden.

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

BFP 8/2/12 EDD 4/9/13 Addie was delivered 1/4/13 at 26 weeks due to Eclampsia  

BFP 9/15/14 EDD 5/28/15 Please be our R A I N B O W take home baby BOY
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• We've been having lots of belts this weekendwith all of our garden tomatoes.

For those of your that like to crock, try crockingirls.com. I love their recipes!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our 3 Precious Angels That Left Us Too Soon
    BFP #2-EDD 07/05/13 - Tater and Tot passed at 12w3d. D&C 1/17/13
    BFP #3-EDD 12/19/13 - Peanut passed at 9w1d. D&C 05/31/13

Diagnosed with Hypothyroid 05/20/13 

BFP #4 - 09/22/13 - DD#2 born 05/27/14

All Alers Welcome!

imageimage

• I made a peach cake so that I have a yummy treat after surgery. Other than that it'll be take out til I recover. I'll be cooking again next week!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Are you into quinoa? I made this quinoa caprese bake recently and it was amazing:

https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/creamy-caprese-quinoa-bake/?utm_source=feedly
    (NOT my blog, just where I got the recipe!)

Breaded ranch chicken is on the menu for this week. Last time I made it, the chicken breasts were too thick soo the outside was overdone and the inside took forever to cook. They're delicious, but I'd suggest filleting the chicken before breading them, if you decide to try this :)

https://www.lovepomegranatehouse.com/breaded-ranch-chicken-with-hidden-valley/

imageLilypie - (zxAe)

• I love this thread! So many delicious ideas.

Here's one I just made. The recipe was provided by my CSA and I was able to make it mostly using items from our share of veggies this week.

Ikarian Potato Salad with Purslane

Salt
    3 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/3 inch thick
    1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
    1 pound tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
    1/4 pound purslane or arugula, torn
    1 large cucumber—peeled, halved, seeded and cut into half-moons
    1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
    1 jalapeño, seeded and minced (keep the seeds if you like it hot)
    1/2 cup chopped parsley
    1/2 cup chopped mint

Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain and let cool. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil and vinegar and season with salt. 

Break the potato slices into quarters and spread on the bottom of a large, shallow bowl. Season with salt and drizzle with 3 tablespoons of the dressing. Layer the tomatoes over the potatoes, followed by the purslane, cucumber, onion, jalapeño, parsley and mint. Just before serving, pour the remaining dressing over the salad and toss well.

• I haven't tried these yet, but one of my coworkers made them this past week and said they were great! 

I made this tonight-delicious!!! Thank you for the suggestion!

~ES~

~*~EVERYONE always welcome!!~*~
    TTC #1 since October 2012
    BFP #1 11/22/12 EDD 7/29/13 MMC 1/14/13, D&C 1/16/13
    BFP #2 5/7/13 EDD 1/14/2014 Ectopic discovered 5/21/13, lost left tube
    Referred to RE, blood work done August 2013, AMH 0.27, all else normal, HSG clear
    BFP #3 12/1/13 EDD 8/8/14, MC 12/24/13
    January 2014: RE #2, blood work repeated, homozygous MTHFR c677t, SHG clear
    BFP #4 4/7/14 EDD 12/15/14 Our rainbow was born 12/6/14 at 4:26pm! <3 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"