13 Weeks Pregnant

Getting Rings Resized

When I got married I had my rings sized so they fit very snug because I didn't want to worry about losing them. Now I weigh about 10 pounds more than I did on my wedding day (half from the baby and half from a cruise). I was checking my rings every day to make sure I could still get them off, but yesterday I couldn't! I spent about an  hour working on them with lotion and finally got them off, then immediately went to the jeweler to have them resized. My fingers don't look any different, so I'm not sure if they're "swollen" or if it just makes sense that my rings eventually would get too tight. My blood pressure has been normal at every appointment so I don't know if I should call my doctor or bring it up at my next appointment in January. Is there a way to tell the different between swollen and normal weight gain?

Re: Getting Rings Resized

• I would suggest not resizing them anymore. You don't know what your fingers will be like after the baby is born. Some women wear their ring on a necklace during pregnancy

• I waited almost a year after my first LO was born to resize my ring, because well it just didn't fit anymore with all the expanding that had happened. Now I'm pregnant again and of course just had the ring resized, but I will wait to do it again in about a year to see if I expand again from this pregnancy. I think it's totally normal as our bodies do change from pregnancies and just from getting old too. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"