1st Trimester

Constipation ! Helppp!!

I've tried prunes and chia seeds. I eat very clean/healthy and I'm up 4 lbs this morning but I know it's bc I can't go to the bathroom!!!!

I'm going to try a smoothie with chia seeds, yogurt, banana and mango....

There was a post on this but I can't find it!

Re: Constipation ! Helppp!!

• My midwife told me yesterday, "Colace is your friend!" As long as it doesn't have any added stimulant laxatives, stool softeners are okay. I drink Plum Smart, it's a plum/prune blend. Kefir is also good, it's like a yogurt smoothie. I hope this helps you!
    "If every husband and every wife would constantly do whatever might be possible to ensure the comfort and happiness of his or her companion, there would be very little, if any, divorce. Argument would never be heard. Accusations would never be leveled. Angry explosions would not occur. Rather, love and concern would replace abuse and meanness." --Gordon B. Hinckley
  • I've tried prunes and chia seeds. I eat very clean/healthy and I'm up 4 lbs this morning but I know it's bc I can't go to the bathroom!!!! I'm going to try a smoothie with chia seeds, yogurt, banana and mango.... There was a post on this but I can't find it!

Banana's are typically a binding agent.  When my DS gets diaherria the doctor tells me to give him bananas and apples.  I would say Colace is your best bet for safe and fast relief.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Drink lots of water?
    imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Are you open to fiber one bars? They really helped me last time around, like within an hour it worked... they aren't "clean" though...

• Fiber One bars have chicory in them, which can cause bleeding. I had to give up my coffee substitute for the same reason. Be careful with those!
    "If every husband and every wife would constantly do whatever might be possible to ensure the comfort and happiness of his or her companion, there would be very little, if any, divorce. Argument would never be heard. Accusations would never be leveled. Angry explosions would not occur. Rather, love and concern would replace abuse and meanness." --Gordon B. Hinckley
  • Milk of Magnesia worked for me and miralax didn't. Doc said both are safe.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Check out my blog: www.lifescravin.blogspot.com
  • Daily- 2 Colaces and 3tsp. of Metamucil .....that's what I have been in this pregnancy

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• I switched from my Zofran to Reglan. That made 100% difference since the Zofran (although my fav over the two) was the cause.
    Pregnant with #3, after thee, three's complete!!
  • With my first pregnancy my iron was low and caused this so I had to take iron supplements. Mirilax also helped. PP's have lots of great suggestions. GL (=
    BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers                            

My Loves= SD 18 SS 16 SS13 DD13 DS10 SD6 SD5 

• Drink water and then drink some more. Also, I have found that oatmeal really helps me :)
  • I've always had more fiber luck with spinach and dark cherries.

I also like fiber one bars- and fiber one original bran cereal.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMe: 40  H: 38

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

BFP 1/5/2018, MC (D & E) 2/23/2018

TTCAL May 2018

BFP 9/20/2018, MC (D & E) 11/16/2018 :'(

• I have added Vitafusion prenatal support calcium and fiber gummies to may daily vitamins and that has helped a lot with day to day constipation. I use Colace when it gets bad

• I had this issue with my first pregnancy, took Colace almost the whole time. I would also put Benefiber in my juice to give me fiber.
  • My coworker said to drink a few glasses of "hot as you can comfortably drink" water first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.  The first morning I felt a little relief.  Today was much more successful.  I'm also taking colace every night and increasing my fiber intake.  Good luck!
  • Thanks all. I'm electing to steer clear of any meds unless I really need. And fiber one has gluten in it (I'm allergic). Buttttt water water water it is.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"