Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

How much does your 3 month old eat?

Just wondering how much and how often your lo eats? do you formula feed, bf or both?
Also for those who exclusively pump how much do you pump for each meal?

Re: How much does your 3 month old eat?

• Options
    I just went back to work and I ebf. I pump and leave bottles of bm with her. She drinks anywhere from 3 to 5 oz. at each feeding. It's hard for me to pump 5 oz each time but sometimes she drinks a little less.

New Mommy!!!

• Options

I just went back to work and I ebf. I pump and leave bottles of bm with her. She drinks anywhere from 3 to 5 oz. at each feeding. It's hard for me to pump 5 oz each time but sometimes she drinks a little less.

How many feedings in a day?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went through several weeks of trying to EBF and ended up an EP mom.  I stayed on an every 3 hours pumping schedule till I built up a whole days worth of milk.  My son sleeps through the night now so during the day he eats 5oz every 2 hours, unless he naps then he will just eat when he wakes from the nap. If that is the case then he never eats more than 4 hours after the last feeding.  He eats 7 times from the time he wakes up in the AM till he goes to sleep at night.

I read a good formula to use to calculate how much your baby should have is:
    2.5 x baby's weight is how many ounces they should have daily.  Divide that by how many times they eat in a day (in my case 7) and you come up with how many oz baby should have at each feeding :)
  • Options
    trt117 said:

I went through several weeks of trying to EBF and ended up an EP mom.  I stayed on an every 3 hours pumping schedule till I built up a whole days worth of milk.  My son sleeps through the night now so during the day he eats 5oz every 2 hours, unless he naps then he will just eat when he wakes from the nap. If that is the case then he never eats more than 4 hours after the last feeding.  He eats 7 times from the time he wakes up in the AM till he goes to sleep at night.

I read a good formula to use to calculate how much your baby should have is:
    2.5 x baby's weight is how many ounces they should have daily.  Divide that by how many times they eat in a day (in my case 7) and you come up with how many oz baby should have at each feeding :)
    Re: number of ounces, formula and BM aren't comparable. As LO gains, if you FF the number of ounces will increase. If you bf or EP, the number of ounces needed does NOT increase the same way.

Your milk will change as LO gets older so that they are satisfied with the same amount as they grow.

https://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/pumping/exclusive-pumping/

https://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/pumping/milkcalc/

Kellymom is an awesome bf resource.

• Options
    i've read things at kellymom before and thats where i got my formulas from.  apparently i did not read the ones you provided for EP moms. thank you for those links carrotcake.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"