November 2011 Moms

What has LO learned that you wish they hadn't?

What has LO learned that you wish they hadn't?

DS has been climbing on everything for a while now. In the past week, he has learned to climb into his highchair & up onto our barstools. I had to tell him probably 20 times yesterday not to climb on his train table. He has also learned if he moves his little tikes table from the playroom beside the TV, he can reach the DVD player when he wants me to turn on Toy Story.

He is dangerous & exhausting!

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: What has LO learned that you wish they hadn't?

• I wish DS hasn't learned how to push a chair up to things to gain access to higher spots, like kitchen counters. He saw his sister helping me with cooking, and now he thinks that he needs his own chair too! I also wish the dishwasher wasn't so tempting to him. I'll lock it and then a short while later it turns on because he messed with the buttons.

There will come a time when these are going to be just minor inconveniences compared to what they will get into!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • RedCamaro said:

There will come a time when these are going to be just minor inconveniences compared to what they will get into!

I realize this sometimes & think, "What have I gotten myself into?" Haha.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Dishwasher locks and he figured out how to unlock.
    Open and close our sliding doors.
    This one is from Nana, running on the couch. Thanks mother
    And my favorite, we can fast forward shows so he will bring me the remote so I can do it for him.
  • Climbing on our counter height chairs.
    Moving his ride on car so he can reach up high.
    Figuring out he can reach things on the counter.
    He also moves the mouse on the computer attached to the tv if he wants a different show.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I second the climbing onto tall objects. She has also figured out how to unlock the doors and sneak out of bed in the morning. She quietly sneaks out and opens the door and takes off.
  • desine77 said:
    I second the climbing onto tall objects. She has also figured out how to unlock the doors and sneak out of bed in the morning. She quietly sneaks out and opens the door and takes off.

Oh man! My DD did this once. We immediately installed a top sliding lock. We live in town and the street isn't far! GL!
  • The word "No"
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

• Opening doors and shutting doors. She loves to open our pantry door and dig through it. Luckily it has a lock on the top. And she doesn't just shut doors. She likes to slam them!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Eagerly awaiting the arrival of our Rainbow Baby after 2 early m/c.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• JKTTC1 said:

The word "No"

Ugh, I feel for you! Surprisingly, DS hadn't picked that up yet (even though I say it about 100 times a day) I dread the day DS starts with that.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • "Mine" has become her favorite word.  This morning she wanted downstairs and we had the gate up so she went and got our step stool and tried to use it to climb over the gate.  She has figured out how to take the outlet covers off, unlatch the toilet seat and how to turn on the stove. 
  • "Mine" has become her favorite word.  This morning she wanted downstairs and we had the gate up so she went and got our step stool and tried to use it to climb over the gate.  She has figured out how to take the outlet covers off, unlatch the toilet seat and how to turn on the stove. 

Wow! I think yours takes the cake!

Oh no!
    Why do toddlers have to learn so much before they learn about danger?

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I rarely let her run around in only a diaper because she can take it right off. She climbs out of a pack n play and we're not in a toddler bed yet, so trips are a PAIN. Her big thing right now is buckles. She can undo her carseat once in a while and that is obviously the most dangerous one. We have to keep our dining chairs behind a baby gate because she climbs right on top of them.

Oh, and the iPad. I should have never let her play with it to begin with. It's not mine anymore!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Oh, and the iPad. I should have never let her play with it to begin with. It's not mine anymore!

DS1 definitely knows how to work the iPad.  DH also let DS2 play with it once, so now every time he sees it, he crawls like a maniac for it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"