January 2014 Moms

3d ultrasound

have any of you gone to get a 3d ultrasound?
I'm going tomorrow I'm 16 weeks to find out gender.. anyone done this?

Re: 3d ultrasound

• I had lots when pregnant with DD. My SIL owned a 3D/4D shop and we peeked about once every week or so. Tonight I am going to find out the gender. Too bad it's not SILs business anymore! Now I have to pay, haha!
  • I am not. I am however going to a 3d clinic to get a sneak peak to find out the sex of the baby! it will be a much cheaper price for a 2d u/s since we won't be getting all the bells and whistles of the 3d. I'm so excited I can hardly see straight! DH is beside himself :)
    image Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I keep seeing everyone get 3D ultrasounds, but around here I don't think you can get a 3D without a prescription from your doctor? It was pretty disappointing since I want to see my LO in more detail! ):
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I went on Tuesday. LO was hugging the placenta so we didn't get a good shot of her head or face. We did get a hand and fingers though.
    We did one with DD1 around this time and got some good shots of her head, face, arm, and hand.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We got 3D and 4D at the NT scan and will at our A/S as well. The rest of our ultrasounds are done at my OB's office with 2D.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    BFP #1 3/27/10 - mmc discovered 5/20/10 at 11w2d - d&c 5/21/10
    BFP #2 11/6/10 - EDD 7/19/11 - Beta #1 @ 13dpo, 104 - Beta #2 @ 20dpo, 3400s
    BFP #3 4/24/13 - EDD 1/8/14 - Beta #1 @ ?, 33 - Beta #2 @ 4 days later, 260
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lolinshag I am such a goober. I saw your signature pic and I thought, Um, wow, that's pretty freakin' inappropriate.. even for TB. Then I remembered the August siggy challenge, and now I think yours is the freakin' best.  =D>
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    partial molar pregnancy : bfp 6.28.10, d/c 8.17.10, 7 rounds methotrexate, cleared 7.1.11
    alexander patrick : bfp 1.16.12, born 9.20.12 @ 39w1d, 7 lbs./11 oz./22 in.
    scarlett irene elizabeth : bfp 5.24.13, born 2.3.14 @ 41w2d, 7 lbs./13 oz./19 in.
  • I had a 3D with DD when I was further along. This time we did an elective ultrasound to find out the gender early but it was only a 2D.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerVisit my Etsy shop for adorable baby bows: Rachelle's Baby Boutique
  • All of my ultrasounds are in 3D/4D because they're all at Maternal Fetal Medicine (I'm high risk.)  I don't know that I would pay for one, but I do like I have 3D pictures of all of my babies.

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• do you think at 16 weeks you could get a good pic of the face?
  • @lolinshag I am such a goober. I saw your signature pic and I thought, Um, wow, that's pretty freakin' inappropriate.. even for TB. Then I remembered the August siggy challenge, and now I think yours is the freakin' best.  =D>

Ha! That's just what I was thinking when I did it! "I wonder if anyone is going to think this is me?" Thank you!

I would wait until 20 weeks to get a good face pic.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DH and I are scheduling to do one at 26 weeks. Until around that time, the eyes are still fused shut and that creeps DH out lol. 10 more weeks to go!
    Dave and Kathleen - 09.12.09:
    Partially Complex (my blog)
  • hopeful808hopeful808 member
    edited August 2013
    From what I can tell they were banned in my state in in 2009. So I cannot get one unless I try to bug my ob enough. I will just wait until my a/s scan.  If you are looking for keepsake photos I would wait a few more weeks to make sure that you get clear pictures.

Edit: Sorry it posted too soon.
    DD 1- born January 22, 2014
    Due June 25 2017

• I won't be getting one. A friend had one done and it really freaked me out.
  • We had one done at 16 weeks and found out its a boy. It was definitely pricey though ($175)
  • BabyChillBabyChill member
    edited August 2013
    I just had one done on this past Wednesday! It was awesome! Found a place that was doing a special so it was like $80 for about 20 mins! My little girl was putting on a show! She was all over the place and she was smiling! I so reccomend doing one!

Edit: I was 16w6d having this done and the pics turned out very good.
    I would wait until 20 weeks to get a good face pic.

We probably aren't getting one but if we did for these reasons I'd wait till baby had all of it's face.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

PCOS diagnosed secondary infertility

BFP #1 (letrozole 2.5mg + ovidrel) February 2016, MMC April 2016 @ 7 weeks

BFP #2 (letrozole 5mg + ovidrel) July 2016, Beta #1 359, Beta #2 745, Beta #3 11484

EDD April 9th, 2017

• I had one with my DD at 29 weeks. It was amazing to see her face (when she would let us, she liked her hands in front of her face). But she looked almost identical to what she came put looking like.
    I'll be getting another one with this one but not till later on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"