Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How long in the swing?

AlexisLAAlexisLA member
edited July 2013 in Babies: 0 - 3 Months
DD is 4 weeks and super colicky,, she cries from morning till night unless she is being bounced, nursing, napping, or in the swing. How long do you think is OK to put her in the swing each day? It's the only place she is content. We have been to the doc many times to rule out any medical problems.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: How long in the swing?

• If it works to put her in the swing, put her in the swing. Get your (and her) sanity for awhile. A lot changes in these early weeks so she won't be like this forever.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Everything pp's have said.  We do it a lot with DS who is 6 weeks because we are getting our house ready to sell.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks. We try to vary what we do with her and her positions as much as we can rotating between tummy time, sitting in our laps while on the bouncy ball, side holding etc. but sometimes the swing is the only thing that works and it allows us to get stuff done!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Bear does most of his naps and has been sleeping at night in his swing.  He keeps rolling on his side because he's still so curled up and I don't feel comfortable having him in the bassinet because of it.  The swing keeps him on his back.  Our doctor said it's perfectly fine and if he sleeps well and safely that's all that matters.

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• Little Snuffles is in her swing for hours each day (she takes most, if not all, her naps there, and she's a great napper). Gotta do what works! Babies are safe and comfortable in swings, I don't see the problem when I really start thinking about it, though I do also worry that I'm keeping her in there too long sometimes.
    She is here! 5-29-13

• helenkayj said:
    If it works to put her in the swing, put her in the swing. Get your (and her) sanity for awhile. A lot changes in these early weeks so she won't be like this forever.
    THIS! 
    Cheryl (26) Andy (25) Married 1 year as of 8-17-13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• helenkayj said:
    If it works to put her in the swing, put her in the swing. Get your (and her) sanity for awhile. A lot changes in these early weeks so she won't be like this forever.
    THIS! 

AGREED

"No one will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." -Unknown

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimageimage

Anniversary

• As long as you need!
  • Ashfann93Ashfann93 member
    edited August 2013
    I was laughing at myself today, moved the swing into my bedroom so I could get some rest, but the swing has some squeaky screws. I was so desperate for a nap that I grabbed a tube of Carmex from my night table and slathered it on the screws. It worked! Mine takes most of his naps in the swing, your little one will be fine, and you'll be a happier mama getting some rest!
  • Our little sugar bear will be two months on Monday and still has not spent a full night in his crib! If we didn't have his swing we would never sleep...
  • Ashfann93 said:
    I was laughing at myself today, moved the swing into my bedroom so I could get some rest, but the swing has some squeaky screws. I was so desperate for a nap that I grabbed a tube of Carmex from my night table and slathered it on the screws. It worked! Mine takes most of his naps in the swing, your little one will be fine, and you'll be a happier mama getting some rest!
    ROFL!!! I would totally do something like that!  We moms are like MacGyver!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"