August 2012 Moms

Baby Shower Hostess Gifts

(also posted on the 3rd Tri board)

Alright ladies - what have you all been giving as hostess gifts for your baby showers? I've got my first shower this weekend that my 3 sisters and mom are throwing but also have a work shower coming up being thrown by a friend there and a shower being thrown by my aunt in-laws. Looking for creative suggestions for something nice that won't break the bank since I've got about 8 total gifts to buy. Thanks in advance!! 

Re: Baby Shower Hostess Gifts

• It took some time...but I made my hostesses the chalkboard stem wine glasses.  You can get wine glasses for less than $1 each and then a can of the chalkboard paint...voila! Personal, cute gift!  Well, as long as everyone likes wine!  haha!  I paired them with a bottle of wine too.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My SIL is hosting mine. She and my brother got married about a month ago. I am going to get her a nice picture frame that says something like 'aunt Caitlyn' on it. She got just about everything on the planet at her wedding. Maybe a gift card, too. 
    I make cute babies.

IMG_0872

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I made them baskets of their favorite shampoo, conditioner, body wash and a loofah I did 4 of them and it came out to $15 a piece. I was going to do sets from bath and body but they were a little too much. Then I put a card in there thanking them saying "Thank you for throwing me an amazing shower, hopefully your next shower is just as great." Corny but they will like it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had 4 hostess gifts for my shower, and I got personalized bags from this company in my hometown:

https://www.parrottcanvas.net/

I got a wine holder bag for my MIL (with her monogram on it and with 2 bottles of wine), a garden tote for DH's aunt (with her name on it) and a big tote for my mom with her grandmother name on it (Mimi) to use as her diaper bag. I tucked the thank you cards into the pockets. They were a big hit.

My sister was also a host, and I got her nursing pajamas that she'd mentioned she wanted--that was the easiest one. 

TTC#1 since May 2011

BFP #1 June 2011 m/c@6wks

BFP #2 December 2011, EDD 8/21/12, born 7/21/12 at 35w4d

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #3 October 6, 2015. WHAT???

• I only had 1 hostess, and I got her a bunch of stuff from Sephora.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just bought flowers and a nice vase for my friend who hosted mine and dropped them off with a thank you note after the shower was over. Flowers are always nice! :)
  • I got mine swarovski crystal studs. One in purple and one in the traditional crystal... they loved them!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • My mom is hosting mine and she really doesn't need any stuff for the house (candles, platters, etc.)  I will probably get my parents a restaurant gift card so they can go out, or some kind of grandparent-ish gift.  They don't have any grandma/grandpa stuff because this is the first grandchild!
  • my BFF and MIL are hosting mine this weekend. I bought my MIL a personalized necklace with "grandma" and LO's name stamped on it, as well as a print for her house that has an Irish blessing for grandmothers on it. 

I bought my BFF an insulated wine tote (accompanied by a bottle of wine) and I am also picking up a gift card for a massage.  

TTC since October 2010 | BFP 12/29/11 | RRQ BORN 08/26/12
    planned | married | blogged
  • I have never gotten our hostesses anything other than bottles of wine or small cookie gift baskets. I'd go with the cookie gift baskets - you can order a large amount of cookies then split them accordingly for however many people you have. One year we did wine and cookies, and that seemed to be the best shower present the girls had said they have received, although it ended up running a bit expensive.

• Etsy makes cute personalized Wine Glasses... I am ordering for each Hostess

"Gramma's Sippy Cup"  "Aunt Ne's Sippy Cup"   , "Sarah" "Erin"....  and the rest of their names on each glass, stuff each of them with Chocolates

They all like wine , I cant loose.

Shuey's Wife "be careful what you wish for it might come true" Pregnancy Ticker
  • I first brainstormed a list of each hostess' personality.  One of my friends is the main planner with three gals supporting her.  My MIL and SIL are also throwing a separate family shower for my husband's side of the family.  Some of my girls are outdoorsy/eco-minded/green mamas, others are fashionistas/entertainer/foodies, other like to travel, cook, play games and get crafty.  I determined that there was no one gift that would fit all of their personalities and I didn't want to just do something trite like a bottle of wine or bath products.  I have more bath salts, soaps and body wash from gifts like this than I can shake a stick at.  

So I went to Ross and Target.   I'm a nail tech so I bought each of the girls a gorgeous color of nail polish that matches their personality.  For my eco friend I bought her reusable sandwich bags, two cute ceramic planter spikes (one is an owl and one is a garden gnome), and a set of four ceramic white bowls.  Another gal I got a gorgeous vase.  Yet another I found a melamine batter bowl with spout for making pancakes.  For my friend who loves travel I got her a luggage tag in the shape of a pink owl and a beautiful leather bound photo album to hold photos from all of her trips.  I will then add some sort of homemade baked good or liquor/wine to these gifts and put them all in a basket.  It may take more time to do it this way but at least I feel like they are not generic gift ideas now.

• I am very "new" to this, I am from Europe, we don't have this shower culture. Honetsly, I was completely  overwhelmed at my bridal shower, and I am scared before every shower I am invited to that I might do something wrong. Like the "appropriate"size or amount spent for gifts. My SIL is hosting my baby shower,  she does not like manicures, wine or other "girly"activities. And the gift card thing, I would just not know what amount is appropriate/ expected?  Where is the guide to showers?

• How bizarre.

• We had just moved and were on a tight budget, so thank you cards and hugs and kisses. (My parents had a shower for us). Hopefully once we are making a real doctor salary we can treat them to a nice dinner/dinners. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so lost :-<
    Thank you! I had to scroll back up a few times to figure wth was going on... random! 
    SMOOCHES FOR ALL!!!

• I barely remember some of the people that posted n this thread... But it proves that I've been around for a while! What is going on?!
  • So far, I am not a fan of the way the new Bump reorders posts based on when the last person replied, because it brings back zombie posts like this one. Someone randomly finds an old post (probably through Google search), replies, then suddenly it pops back up. Blergh.

TTC#1 since May 2011

BFP #1 June 2011 m/c@6wks

BFP #2 December 2011, EDD 8/21/12, born 7/21/12 at 35w4d

BFP #3 October 6, 2015. WHAT???

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"