March 2014 Moms
Options

Protein Shakes..

Are those still safe? Whey protein etc..? Does anyone make them still? Ill ask doctor but just curious until then.

Re: Protein Shakes..

• Options
    I'd like to know this too... Lately I can't stomach the thought of them, but if that passes, it's a super convenient way to get some protein.
  • Options
    I've been making them with Greek yogurt. Protein powder totally isn't appealing to me right now.
    DD 9.14.05 DD 11.12.08 EDD baby girl #3 3.4.14!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Everything I've read says most should be okay. I've still been drinking one a few days a week. Some days it's the only thing that sounds appealing.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I never even thought of that as a way to get protein, have been trying to eat meat. My husband drinks whey protein,  I'll have to look into that! 

BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I asked my doc if I can continue a whey and soy protein powder I was using. She said its fine. I only do 1 scoop a day.
  • Options
    My midwife gave me the okay to keep drinking Shakeology which is made with whey protein. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Shakeology is fine, but not in combination with a prenatal. Way too much! Many women have it and take a 200mcg folic supp + DHA. I chose to stop drinking it during pregnancy and stick to the baby gummies ;-)

If you're looking for a protein shake, my advice is to stick with a CLEAN and minimally processed shake such as MRM or Jay Robb (sweetened with Stevia). Easily digested and not filled with a bunch of unnecessary ingredients. ✌
  • Options
    I use both vegan choc&strawberry shakeology, I shelved it for now until I could run it by my ob. (1st appt Monday) f2fm I'm with you on over loading, Im not a breakfast person so I am having to adapt to eating something like oatmeal instead of whipping up a shake lol....I have also lightened my gym time to yoga and a moderate spin class for now. Good news, the remaining part of my bag will be waiting on me when Im ready to get back into full gear :)
  • Options
    I just had an Ensure protein shake for breakfast! Hope that's ok!
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• Options
    I am a Herbalife girl! I learned that whey is not a great choice while on prenatal. I stick to 1 soy herbalife shake a day. Soy intake needs to be monitored as well.
  • Options
    Only because you're asking- I've done crazy amounts of research on this--- you really should stay away from whey and even more so SOY. Soy is a hormone and you really don't want it interfering with your estrogen. The absolute cleanest proteins I've found with my dietician are;
    Goats milk protein powder
    Raw protein company
    Arbonne protein (uses cranberry and pea proteins)

Personally, I'm sticking with high quality (wallaby organic) Greek yogurt shakes when I think I need it. Adding spinach and soaked chia seeds helps with fiber and regularity.

• Options
    My OB recommended Jay Robb protein for shakes. I haven't been able to even look at dairy products in weeks so I can't stomach them now, but they should be safe.
    TTC #1 as of Feb. 2013
    BFP on Mar. 4, 2013, DX with MMC (blighted ovum) at 8 weeks, D&C
    TTC again as of May 2013
    BFP on June 24, 2013, EED March 12, 2014
    Diagnosed with endometriosis, PCOS, heterozygous MTHFR and positive for ANA

GROW BABY, GROW!
    BabyFruitTicker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"