Infertility

Ugh. FB vent.

Seriously. I hate fb. Why in the world do people feel that announcing on fb is a necessary part of being pregnant? Yes. I'd probably do it, too. But, don't all these people know I'm dealing with IF! (Kidding)

But, a pretty close friend who I haven't actually seen in quite awhile wanted to get together for lunch the week I found out our IVF failed. I backed out, but the group of girls still got together. Last week, this friend send me a message on fb, asking how things were going. I told her about our failed IVF because, now that it's over, I don't really care who knows. She sent me a message back, telling me all about her vacations and said nothing about our failed cycle. THEN, she made her public status announcement that "It's our 2nd anniversary and we're expecting baby #3 in October!" Seriously?! WTF! Yes. Do the math. This is her second baby daddy. The first was a one night stand. She was a couple months pregnant with #2 when she married her H. Now, she's 6 months pregnant and didn't even tell me. I hate IF! I know that's why she didn't tell me. Ugh. It was like a blow in the gut when I read that freaking status. I just want this whole nightmare to be over! So.Not.Fair.

BabyFruit Ticker

ttc #2 since 2004 Me (35): Stage 3 Endo, DH (34): High DNA Frag

IVF/ICSI #2: April 2014: BFP!!!!!!

ET of 2 great quality embryos. + BFP on 9dp5dt. Beta #1 (10dp5dt): 257, Beta #2 (14dp5dt): 1561,

Beta #3 (21dp5d5): 8,172. Wow. It seems this is actually working. Shocked beyond belief.

1st u/s @6w5d: Baby A hb 124, Baby B hb 127 (Both measuring perfectly!)

Lost baby A. Praying that baby B stays healthy. Baby B hb 175 at 11 weeks

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

Re: Ugh. FB vent.

• That would put me in tears. I'm sorry.

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ugh I hate her just a little bit on your behalf. FB is the devil

imageimageimageimage

*******siggy/ticker warning***** 

Me(31). DH (31)

DH SA normal count and motility, 1% morphology
    Me .72 AMH, Fragile X premutation carrier
    IVF #1 (6/12/13) BFN

IVF #2 (8/16/13) BFN

FET 10/4/13 Chemical

IVF #3 MC 5 weeks 5 days

IVF #4 DE 11/7 BFP, edd 7/28/15

All Welcome

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry :(  Getting off FB was the best thing that I've done b/c of the pregnancy posts.  It really makes you more at ease!

**Sig warning***

TTC since 9/2011. DH - 32, me 32.

IUI#1 (natural): BFN; IUI#2 (clomid): BFN; IUI#3 (clomid and follistim): BFN.

IVF #1 March 2013, freeze all (OHSS).

FET#1 June: BFN

FET#2 August: delayed due to thin lining (6.3).  Took a few months off to try and thicken the lining with lots of estrodial.  FET#2.2 December: Cancelled due to thin lining (4.8). Two frosties left.

*New RE* Sonohystrogram and hystereoscopy done in Feb.

IVF #2: ER 3/4/14  ET 3/7/14, transferred 3, 3 day 9 cell perfect embryos.  No frosties.

Beta #1 (14dp3dt) 504

Beta #2 (21dp3dt) 11,561

First ultrasound on 4/3/14 showed 3 sacs: one empty and two with beating hearts!!  At 7w2d, found out that one baby did not have a heartbeat anymore.  Praying that baby B makes it.  Baby B is a girl!

EDD 11/25/14 BORN 11/29/14

**PAIF/anyone welcomed to comment!!  Thank you.

imageimageimageimage

• I left FB 5 months ago. It made me feel like such a lonely, bitter infertile all the time. Couldn't take it.

TTC #1 since 2011

Me: 36, anovulatory PCOS; DH: 34, fine

Sophia Juliet conceived through IVF and born April 15, 2014

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am so sorry. I hate FB for that reason but I still find myself checking it. Those posts ruin days though!
    Me 36/DH 46 Me: Low AMH (.21) DOR, mild endo; Started seeing RE 11/12
    Jan-March '13 3 IUIs Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    April '13 IVF 1 MDLF converted to 4th IUI due to 3 runaway follicles! BFN
    July/Aug '13 IVF 1.2 Long Lupron = 7R, 6F, 2T= BFP!!!
    Beta 1=512, Beta 2=1,368 Beta 3= 4,128
    It's a boy!!!!
    SUA, GD
    EDD 4/26/14

He's Here! Arrived 4/15/14!!!!

September 2015 - FET with remaining embryos
    Twins! EDD: 6/14/15

PAIF/SAIF Everyone welcome!
  • I say hide her! I've had to do that to several people. One, has struggled with IF and she and I would constantly commiserate when someone talked nonstop about every pregnancy symptom they were having. She was way more outspoken and opinionated about it than me, but that's our personalities. Guess what...she's now one of THOSE people (naturally pregnant and her husband had 1 sperm...1) anyway, guess what...she's now hid! I'd never go off FB, I have too many far away friends and family I enjoy keeping up with but, life is better when can you hide certain people!! :)

Sorry it upset you...but maybe she just didn't know how to tell you. I found that when I worked in the hospital, I became that "crazy girl nobody wanted to tell they were pregnant" because of how I might react...and sometimes, I'll admit I deserved that title.

Hope it gets better...

• I left FB 5 months ago. It made me feel like such a lonely, bitter infertile all the time. Couldn't take it.

Agreed! I got a personal email from a friend announcing her 2nd pregnancy. Brutal.
    Me: 34 DH: 40
    Removed ovarian cysts in Mar 2010 & removed left ovary in May 2010
    TTC since Oct 2011
    Sep 2012 IUI #1 Natural cycle BFN
    Sep 2012 IUI #2 Natural cycle BFN
    Oct 2012 IUI #3 Natural cycle BFN
    Nov 2012 removed uterine polyp
    Feb 2013 IVF #1 ER 2/8: 13R,6M,6F, 3dt of 1 6-cell & 1 7-cell embie, beta hell resulted in blighted ovum.
    June 2013 IVF #2 cancelled due to lining too thick
    July 2013 IVF #2.1 ER 7/9, 9R,4M,2F, 3dt of 2 8-cell embies, BFN
    imageimageimage
  • I'm glad you all don't think I'm overreacting! It literally took the wind out of my gut when I read it. This might be a stupid question, but how do you hide people's status' without actually deleting them? I didn't know you could do that...I feel like a tech idiot right now!!

BabyFruit Ticker

ET of 2 great quality embryos. + BFP on 9dp5dt. Beta #1 (10dp5dt): 257, Beta #2 (14dp5dt): 1561,

Beta #3 (21dp5d5): 8,172. Wow. It seems this is actually working. Shocked beyond belief.

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

• Bah!! I totally feel your pain. fB is evil. Sometimes when I'm in a bad mood I want to comment how their kids look like aliens and to stop postics pics every hour. Of course I never do but it's tempting!

TTC#2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our little IVF miracle born 5/7/2014
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @amcastord, I am so that crazy lady (when im working) in the office!!! It's to the point where my boss would pull me aside and give me the news before that person could tell me. I worked in a large office, and there were at least 3 pregnant ladies at any given time, plus soon-to-be dads, and women visiting while on their maternity leave. It was such an embarrassing label, but whatever, you gotta protect yourself!

@beachy6, never feel bad about flipping out over Facebook announcements (I still cry when I find out someone is pregnant, or when someone posts photos of their new omg-he-is-perfect baby. But just make us a promise- when your adoption goes through (I have you in my thoughts all the time!!!) you'll take your moment in the sun and tell the world :)
    BFP #1 - chemical pregnancy, natural miscarriage at 7 weeks on 2/11/12 BFP #2 - u/s at 8 weeks showed a tiny fetal pole measuring at 6 weeks, heart rate slow at 94bpm. Natural miscarriage a few days later on 4/15/12 August 2012- Diagnosed with pancreatic divisum, September - ERCP w/stent placement. Fingers crossed this was the issue! Doc gave the go-ahead to start trying again. BFP #3 - Chemical pregnancy ending a few days after Thanksgiving 2012. Clearly my pancreas was not the issue. Doc told us to try one more time. BFP #4 - Chemical pregnancy ending in January 2013. Now I'm pissed. February- meeting with RE. Test results show I have a low egg reserve and DH has severely messed up sperm. Docs are quite confused as to how we're getting pregnant to begin with. Let the IVF games begin!! April - stim time!! 7R, 6F via ICSI, 5 made it to day 5, 3 look "good enough" to be sent for PGS testing. We are now the proud owners? Parents? Of 2 healthy frozen embryos. June - ugh. Lupron. So much Lupron. And Aygestin, and Estrogen, and Progesterone suppositories. Things are going in to my body every way possible! July 25- scheduled for our first FET. Aaand huge fail. All of the estrogen gave my pancreas a good old fashioned hissy fit. Long story short, moving on to gestational carrier.
  • Thanks josiecat! I sure will! That's just it. I'm can see myself in the other people's excitement because I know I'd be excited if it were me. I'm just so pissed that it's not me and I hate that IF has done this to me. And, I can't stand all the complaining about kids and babies. It gets right under my skin and eats away at it! I want to reach through the computer and ring their necks!!

BabyFruit Ticker

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

• I dont understand people. I can take a step back and be happy for someone although I am sad for myself. But some situtations just make you angry. I have a friend who just got a teaching job, her hubby got laid off, and they started trying and it happened within 3 months. Although, congrats on getting pregnant- its seems like irresponsible bad timing so I am not over the moon. Oh and I know women have the right to complain about being pregnant, but dont come to me all full of negative nancy comments when I am spending thousands of dollars and hours of crying just to make it happen.

Me: 32  DH: 34

TTC #1 since June 2011, RE December 2012

HSG: tubes clear SA: Perfect AMH: 0.9 in Jan 2013 0.7 in March 2013

Femara June 2013: No repsonse. Serophene July 2013: No repsonse

Follistim August 2013: 12 follicles, 4 mature, IUI, and a BFN. 

April 2014: Lost 30lbs, got my thyroid under control. Started IVF 

May: BFP! EDD 1/6/2015 Heatbeat 167!

Now: Canyon James born 12/30/14 at 6:21pm via emergency c section. 9 lbs 19 1/2 inches

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"