Nurseries and Baby Gear

Double stroller ideas?

Hi everyone! So I'm a mother to a 23 month old and expecting baby #2 in November, and I'm trying to figure out which stroller would be the best fit for my family. I'm looking for something that is somewhat lightweight, that would be ideal for every-day use. I was looking at the City Select double models which I liked, but also the Bumbleride Indie Twin. Some opinions of the Bumbleride is that it's not good for every-day use. Any ideas? Are any of you mothers of a newborn and toddler and found a particular stroller perfect? I know that the Bumbleride is side-by side, but it is only about 29 inches wide so it fits through doors easily. Thanks!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Double stroller ideas?

• The City Select is not lightweight.  Have you looked at the City Mini Double?   It fits through doors as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • ebp913ebp913 member
    What are your main uses?  The Indie Twin is great but I wouldn't get it if I wasn't going to be using it over rougher terrain.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Loading the player...
  • I would ideally like a stroller that can go over rougher terrain, as we live in Arizona with pretty nice weather all year round and are pretty outdoorsy; I guess I'm just trying to figure out if that's absolutely necessary as I have a single jeep stroller that I could probably use while putting the newborn in a carrier. And I have checked out the City Mini Double, and that is what I meant (not the City Select) sorry! All of these options are getting to my head now haha! I think side-by-side would be better so they both can have a view and so my toddler isn't kicking the newborn's seat. Do you have the City Mini Double? What can you tell me about your experiences with it?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I should probably add that I'd like a decent sized basket that is easy-access, and VERY large sun canopy. The sun here can be brutal! And with the City Mini Double, would I need to also purchase a bassinet until the baby is a certain age? From what I've read with the Bumbleride that's not necessary.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have the Valco Snap Dual and I love it. I was originally looking at the Maclaren and the smaller City Mini and came across this one...it's lighter than both at 22 lbs. It's 29 inches wide, is rated for newborn use (I use a Snuzzler type insert for the little guy), and it has a huge basket and nice sunshade. It's also all terrain. Added bonus it opens and closes in one step which is perfect when your busy. I've been using it on nightly walks with the boys.

I believe that Valco will be coming out soon with carseat adaptors for this one...if they don't already. Check their website. They also have some other double strollers that are fancier.

TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • The Valco snap is very nice.  But it is twice the price as a City Mini!  Holy crapola.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • The Valco snap is very nice.  But it is twice the price as a City Mini!  Holy crapola.

I didn't think it was too bad. I got mine for $399 which is comp to the City Mini.

TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • I purchased my Bumbleride Indie Twin with my then 2y/o and newborn. It is hands down worth the price for us. I like 2 equal seats, the storage is decent. I was able to use the included car seat adapter. But the biggest thing is the tires. We need something with air tires. I looked into the Bob, but I am not a runner and was afraid of its larger size. This is our every day stroller still at ages almost 2&4. Baby 3 is dues December so we will be using it another round.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would look into the City Mini double GT. It has the all-terrain wheels that you need.

My kids are 2.5 years apart. We went to Buy Buy Baby and looked at every double stroller there. We ended up buying a used City Mini double on Ebay (and I was able to buy a replacement storage basket from the company). We have the single as well, and I just love how the stroller folds, the sunshade is huge, it's easy to push with two kids, etc. What sold it for me was when I saw a mom at Hobby Lobby push hers easily through one side of a set of double doors. It goes through standard doorways easily.

OH! And you can put LO#2 in it from birth because it has a full recline (maybe use a snuzzler for padding.) You don't need a bassinet. You could buy a car seat attachment if you want.

I would highly suggest going to a store and trying out the strollers if you can. Take LO#1 so you can get a feel for pushing it. My son is over 3 and still LOVES to ride so I'm really glad we picked the CM.

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • After going back and forth and weighing out the options, I got an email this morning for 20% my choice of items--(including the 2013 Bumbleride Indie Twin + free shipping!) and the Bumbleride seems to fit the bill and be the stroller I will get the most use out out of, so I'm going with it! I will report back I suppose in a few months :) Thanks for all of the input! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • After going back and forth and weighing out the options, I got an email this morning for 20% my choice of items--(including the 2013 Bumbleride Indie Twin + free shipping!) and the Bumbleride seems to fit the bill and be the stroller I will get the most use out out of, so I'm going with it! I will report back I suppose in a few months :) Thanks for all of the input! 
    Awesome!  Was it from Albee? 
    image   image
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Nope Wayfair. They emailed me a 20% off coupon code and a 15% off one. I used the 20% off but if anyone needs the 15% off enter 25c54498212

It should work but I think it expires today!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Nope Wayfair. They emailed me a 20% off coupon code and a 15% off one. I used the 20% off but if anyone needs the 15% off enter 25c54498212

It should work but I think it expires today!
    Ah thanks. I am trying to get a deal on a Foonf but Wayfair doesn't sell them.  
    image   image
  • Check out www.retailmenot.com and do a search for buybuybaby. I saw that they are having a 20% off any one item if you sign up for their email alerts. They'll mail you a certificate, and I'm pretty sure Buy Buy Baby has Foonf!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"