1st Trimester
Options

ItWorks Question?

Is anyone familiar with ItWorks?  Those are the funny body wrap things that help you lose weight, reduce cellulite etc..  They claim to be all natural, and I used the wraps and defining gel pre-pregnancy (and LOVED it).  Any way, I asked my rep of the defining gel would be safe to use on my legs during pregnancy.  She said yes, but I was wondering if any other ladies have ever used that while pregnant.  I tend to get quite lumpy in my legs and hope to keep that at a minimum with defining gel once I hit 2nd tri.

Re: ItWorks Question?

• Options
    From what I've read online, it is not safe to use during pregnancy.  I too was hoping to be able to use the Defining Gel on other parts of my body.  You can find the complete list of ingredients on their website.  I went through each one and googled it to find out if it was safe during pregnancy and there were several that were definite no's.

I wouldn't risk it, personally.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I've tried the product as well since one of my friends is a rep. She said as a rep she would tell me that is was safe to use since its marketed as all natural, but as a friend she would tell me it's not worth the risk. So I kind if agree with PP...personally I'm staying away from it. Give yourself a break, you're pregnant! It's OK to have some lumps and bumps for the next few months ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My friend was a rep and sold them, I asked if they were safe on ANY part of the body while pregnant and she said "no".
    Pregnant with #3, after thee, three's complete!!
  • Options
    I wouldn't risk it. 
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• Options
    My friend is also a rep. She is pregnant right now as well, and has stopped using all of the products.
  • Options
    Thank you!  I will choose to avoid.  We are getting close to pants weather any way.  I'm entitled to some lumps and bumps right now :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"