December 2013 Moms
Options

Movement

How often are those of you around 20 weeks feeling baby move? I started feeling baby around 17 weeks and I'm now almost 19. I feel like some days it is more active than others. Yesterday I felt baby morning, afternoon, and evening. Today, I've barely felt anything. Is this normal? 

Re: Movement

• Options
    Yes it is normal, if you are a FTM my doctor said don't expect to feel movement consistently until almost the third trimester (like 25 weeks or so).  I feel LO moving most when I am laying down on my back but it all depends. 
  • Options
    I feel LO moving quite often. However, if I am very active, I am simply not paying attention enough to feel him. His kicks just aren't hard enough yet to grab my attention when I am focused on something else. But when I am relaxing at home, ill feel him for hours at a time. I do have quiet days as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    KFiori1KFiori1 member
    edited August 2013
    It is definitely normal. This is my 3rd, so I started feeling movement around 14.5 weeks. It was very few and far in between movements for the first few weeks. I didn't start feeling the baby more consistently til 17-18 weeks. I am now 21 weeks(tomorrow) and I definitely feel the baby every day, but it's still not TONS. Some days she is more active than others. I remember with my first 2 I didn't start feeling crazy movement til 28 weeks or so. Then it never stopped. haha
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yup totally normal....As baby gets bigger, you might start to notice trends when LO is more active too.  

View Full Size Image 
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am a STM and I started feeling the baby around 15 weeks. It was off and on for a week or so and then nothing for a few weeks. It was putting my PGAL brain to work, but week 20 I have been feeling baby multiple times through out the day. Today I haven't felt much, but I have been busy and haven't paid attention. Baby is most likely moving, but if you're busy and moving around and don't feel it. 

imageimage

BFP #1 July 4, 2011 Baby girl born Feb 22, 2012!!
    BFP #2 December 17, 2012 MMC January 24, 2013
    BFP #3 April 7, 2013 Baby girl born December 11, 2013!!
    Amelia has Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. She has had 3 open heart surgeries, 1 g-tube surgery, and one tracheostomy. She is the strongest, most precious little fighter. 
    You can follow her at. Www.ameliafaithsheart.blogspot.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"