LGBT Parenting
Options

petuitary micro adenoma...HELP!!

Has anyone else been diagnosed with this? My doctor said it is what is probably causing my issues with getting pregnant, but honestly, all I heard was BRAIN TUMOR and I just went blank! I know that its non-cancerous and treatable, but after a year of trying with no success, this setback seems like another gut wrenching hurt that I just cant handle!

Re: petuitary micro adenoma...HELP!!

• Options
    Hello! I am totally lurking b/c I have horrid insomnia so I hope you don't mind me responding.

I was dx w a pituitary microadenoma in college, about 10 yrs ago. Just typing that made me feel old as hell. My first symptom was galactorrhea. Or milk production from my nipples. I thought it was a side effect of the birth control, but my OB wanted a MRI to make sure.

I've had 2 MC's since then, and now w a viable pregnancy at 38 wks. Right when I was preg the first time OB drew labs including a prolactin level. They were all normal. As long as the labs are within normal limits, there shouldn't be a problem with ovulation and conceiving.

Pituitary controls alot of hormones in the body. By definition a true microadenoma shouldn't cause severe medical problems. Since being diagnosed I've had 2 MRIs, both which showed no growth. Labs were always normal.

Good luck. I hope all works out for you and you get your baby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"