Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Vacation tips?

Anyone have tips for flying with a 9 month old and staying in a place that doesn't have cribs?

Re: Vacation tips?

• LSU628LSU628 member
    Can you rent a crib or pack and play when you get there? As for flying, have a paci or bottle/nurse during take off and landing. Snacks, new toys, and I don't know what it is about the safety brochure, but kids find them fascinating! Will you be bringing a stroller? If so, take it down to the gate with you and gate check it. Makes navigating the airport easier. If not bringing a stroller, I'd suggest wearing baby through the airport. Will you need a carseat when you get to your destination? If so, gate check that as well. We checked DD"s carseat one time and they broke the foam. That was an expensive mistake I'll never make again!
    imageimage
  • LSU628 said:
    Can you rent a crib or pack and play when you get there? As for flying, have a paci or bottle/nurse during take off and landing. Snacks, new toys, and I don't know what it is about the safety brochure, but kids find them fascinating! Will you be bringing a stroller? If so, take it down to the gate with you and gate check it. Makes navigating the airport easier. If not bringing a stroller, I'd suggest wearing baby through the airport. Will you need a carseat when you get to your destination? If so, gate check that as well. We checked DD"s carseat one time and they broke the foam. That was an expensive mistake I'll never make again!

Definitely all of this! We're planning a cross country flight when our LO's about 10  months, so I've been reading up. I don't know if this would be an option for you, but I'm thinking about bringing LO's pack and play as one of our free checked bags. We aren't buying her her own seat, but my husband and I both get 2 free checked bags so I'm hoping we can pack everything we all need in 3 bags and use the 4th for her pack and play. GL! Let us know if you learn any tricks that would be useful! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I wish we got that many free bags. Delta's policy is 1 bag per ticketed person. Because LO won't have a tix, she won't have a bag allowance. So we are squishing her stuff between our suitcases.
  • I am getting ready to go on vacation in a few days. First one. Sort of nervous. I will be flying by myself with the baby. Planning on checking a pack n play. Like a PP mentioned, I also cannot sleep in the same bed with him. He is a total bed hog. I plan on gate checking the stroller & giving a bottle or paci at take off and landing. The flight is <45min so I just plan on him being in my lap. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I posted another thread specifically about travel sleep. We're going to Seattle in a couple of weeks, first plane trip with baby. We're checking stroller and car seat for free, but baby doesn't get bags. Not sure what he's going to sleep in yet.

My friends told us the first time they traveled with their DS, they tried to keep him awake so that he would sleep on the plan. That totally backfired and they were miserable. They do NOT recommend doing that. Just do your best and ditto something to suck on during take off/landing.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"