January 2014 Moms

DH Gripes

Gripe about your DH here. I'm not talking major stuff, it's the little crap that irritates the hell out of you.

I hate that DH gets bread crumbs in the butter after he butters his bread. I wish he used a stick of butter for bread and left a stick of butter for non-bread items. I hate seeing those and feel like the butter is dirty!

Re: DH Gripes

• Lol, I always cut that part off before using it. 

• My DH overdrafts from our bank account because he is constantly transferring money and doesn't make sure he has enough to clear bills, so now I'm taking control. We haven't been married for very long, so I didn't want to come in and change everything right away, but that's what is needed. I've never overdrafted from an account, so this isn't happening anymore! ugh!
    Me: 30  DH: 34  Us: Est. 2009 (Dating) // 2013 (Married)
    DD1: 12/26/2013  DD2: 08/03/2016  DS1: 05/10/2018  Baby #4: EDD 11/22/2020 (Team Green)
  • Loading the player...
  • ccip82ccip82 member
    edited July 2013

I (very stupidly) bought DH a nice pair of wireless headphones for his birthday. He wears them now all. the. time. It is so frustrating trying to have a conversation with someone who cannot hear you...also I think he looks like a dumbass walking around the house wearing them...

Plus, DH just had another package delivered....three more bottles of Scotch to add to his collection...For the split second I got excited that it was a surprise package for me...then I read the label.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• My DH is notorious for always spilling something when he eats (food on his shirt, drink on the floor). It used to bother me, but now I just laugh about it.
    If he wears a white shirt, it will not be white for much longer if he is eating.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
    PgAL

• He won't put his laundry away.  It sits in the laundry basket in the closet and he keeps pulling things out of it, so it gets all jumbled and unfolded.  The shelves are RIGHT THERE.  I refuse to do it on the principal of the thing.

• Firefly9 said:
    He won't put his laundry away.  It sits in the laundry basket in the closet and he keeps pulling things out of it, so it gets all jumbled and unfolded.  The shelves are RIGHT THERE.  I refuse to do it on the principal of the thing.
    DH and I had a long, on going fight about laundry. I would wash, dry, and fold the laundry and leave it for him to put away. He felt it was my responsibility to "finish" the laundry and put it in his dresser. I felt I already did so much, the least he could do was put it away. So about 18 months ago I stopped doing his laundry altogether. Now it sits like your H's and then he complains about the wrinkles. Funny, my clothes never have wrinkles!

• this is kind of funny...and things that my H complains about me. Mostly when I'm pregnant.
    ********************************************************************************************************

DS1 born 11/3/06   *   DS2 born 3/29/08   *   DD born 3/15/11  

Scarlett Mae born 1/14/14                         Our family is now complete!

• DH also is guilty of never putting away his laundry but interestingly enough will take the time to put away my underwear--random!  He also is fond of leaving recyclables on the kitchen counter rather than tossing them in the bin RIGHT outside our door. And my fave is the perpetual need to take his socks off immediately when he comes in from mowing the lawn and leaves them on the floor in the foyer until I take them to the hamper upstairs.
    TI w/Clomid 12/16, 1/17, 2/17
    OB ordered SA 2/17 and referred to RE for MFI - Low Count/Motility
    DH Varicocele repair 6/17. 
    9/17 SA: count improved
    TI w/Letrozole 9/17, 10/17
    IUI#1 11/17 BFN
    IUI#2 Christmas day :'( Canceled due to low count/poor sample  :'(
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: 3/18 BCP, Lupron down reg, Follistim 300IU, LDHCG 10units, Lupron 5units, Ovidrel trigger on 3/18. ER 3/21
    8 retrieved, 5 mature, 3 smaller no fertilization w/IVF. 3/5 fertilized w/ICSI. Day 5 Fresh transfer scheduled 3/26 or day3 on Saturday if any arrest.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My husband finishes everything when he eats a meal.  This means, that in my new pregnant state where I can only eat half a portion at time there is no left over food for my second dinner 2 hours later. 
    I can't wait to meet you Neva Margaret Rebecca
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • DH doesn't put his dirty clothes in the laundry basket. He leaves them beside his side of the bed or NEXT to the basket. I no longer wash his clothes if they are not in the basket.

This is my DH too. We had a laundry basket with a lid and he couldn't figure it out. I left the lid open and he still couldn't figure it out. So I stopped washing the clothes that didnt make it in the basket. He still leaves some out but he realizes it when a shirt he wants to wear is still dirty on the floor.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DH spills something every single time he eats.  Usually it's on the hardwood floor so not an issue but then Molly comes over after we're done eating and starts licking the floor.  Honestly DH why can't you get it from the spoon/fork to your mouth without dropping?!

My latest pet peeve is that the dishwasher will be empty but he'll put all of his dishes on the side.  I remember doing this once several months ago, dropped off a cup and carried on to put something in the recycling and he says "is there something wrong with the dishwasher?".  So now I have to remind him, "dishwasher's empty hon, anything wrong with putting it in there?" lol!
  • I HATE, hate, HATE that MH leaves his used q-tips and floss on the counter by his sink. It's so gross!!! Otherwise, he is a very clean man but this seems to be one thing he literally can't walk two feet to the garbage can for.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• MH puts his dirty dishes in the sink rather than the dishwasher, not even a foot away. A messy kitchen is my biggest pet peeve. 
    He's also terrible about leaving parts of his uniform just lying wherever they fall...there's typically a nice trail from the front door to our bed room, just like you'd expect from a child. :)

• Rinny85 said:

Ok now for my gripe. DH has gotten pretty good about doing his assigned chores, but he sucks at anything extra. Since we have a house, there are various house repairs to do and now we have nursery planning/painting to do and he always puts things off as LONG as humanly possible and it drives me crazy. We moved in last July and needed to replace one of the interior doors. It took 6 months for him to get a replacement (after I did all the research and measurements and dragged him to Home Depot to pick it up) and the replacement door has been sitting around now for another 6 months waiting to be painted and put up. 

You know what I do in this situation.... I get his beloved power drill, drag the door into the house and start doing the repair myself. As soon as he hears the drill he comes and takes over. Works every time without fail.

• Firefly9 said:
    He won't put his laundry away.  It sits in the laundry basket in the closet and he keeps pulling things out of it, so it gets all jumbled and unfolded.  The shelves are RIGHT THERE.  I refuse to do it on the principal of the thing.
    This!

Mine will leave  his clothes in the basket indefinitely or until I pitch a fit about needing my laundry basket. And he thinks it's funny X(  It is so not funny. Is it bad that I fantasize about dumping the basket out in the backyard?

**********************************************************************************************************************

Diagnosed with PCOS June 2010, TTC#1 since May 2012
    Cycle#1-3 Clomid 50mg + TI= No response
    Cycle#4-5 Clomid 150mg + Metformin 1000mg + TI= BFN, but finally ovulation!!!
    Cycle #6 Clomid 150mg + Metformin 1500mg + IUI(4/15)= BFP!!! EDD 01/06/2014 <br>

Stella Margaret arrived on December 21, 2013!

imageimage image

• I have two. 
    1. He always rinses out his dishes before leaving them in the sink for me to wash later.  I just cant understand why if he takes the time to rinse it out, he cant take the 0.2 additional seconds to throw some soap on there and it would be considered washed.  Instead I have to do it later. 

2. He seems incapable of completely finishing a project.  He is a great handyman and does a lot of work around the house but every single project is only 90-98% completed.  I have almost finished projects in every single room of the house. 

• I have two too...

1. He constantly complains about not having any clean clothes...well when you dump them on the floor and you push them under the bed they tend to go missing since I am not going to be crawling around under the bed to fish them out.

2. Since he live two hours away during the week he spends alot of time in his truck, which in turn means his truck is always a mess...when I say a mess, I mean that you can not open the passenger side door without worries of an avalanche of epic proportions!!  There is no where to sit in his truck so when he is home I always do all the driving....He always gets mad when we get in my car and there are empty cups in the cup holder or if the girls leaves anything in the car.  If he starts his little rant about the car before I pull away I have just started to point at his truck...its really annoying!
    BabyName TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image""> image
  • we all have those gripes for sure. I know I do. but then when if that stuff stopped I feel as though I would miss it or miss the fact that stuff drives me crazy but also makes me laugh inside. :)

Mine is when my DH says he will clean the kitchen. His idea of cleaning a kitchen is putting the clean dishes away and the dirty ones in the dishwasher. BAM he is done forgetting the fact that sink has all types of stuff in it. heheh I love him and his kitchen cleaning skills. :)

• Oooh, the other one is not putting his dishes in the sink.  He just leaves them on the counter.  I don't even care if he gets them in the dishwasher--just in the sink is all I want!

Other than this and the laundry thing (and he does help fold if he's around), he does do his fair share of household stuff.

• I (very stupidly) bought DH a nice pair of wireless headphones for his birthday. He wears them now all. the. time. It is so frustrating trying to have a conversation with someone who cannot hear you...also I think he looks like a dumbass walking around the house wearing them...

Plus, DH just had another package delivered....three more bottles of Scotch to add to his collection...For the split second I got excited that it was a surprise package for me...then I read the label.

Your husband and his ever growing scotch collection cracks me up!
    imageimage
    Mama of boys, Landon (Jan 14) and Harrison (Aug 15).  

• My DH never closes cabinet doors. I know when he's been in the kitchen because there will be at least one door wide open. Oh, and he's a messy pee'er. I named the bathroom downstairs the boy bathroom. It's just gross. Men are gross...
    imageimage

• LabPupLuv said:
    My DH never closes cabinet doors. I know when he's been in the kitchen because there will be at least one door wide open. Oh, and he's a messy pee'er. I named the bathroom downstairs the boy bathroom. It's just gross. Men are gross...
    This cracks me up because my DH is the same, both with the cabinets and peeing.  Even DD claims that one toilet is "Daddy's" and the other is "Mommy's"
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    BFP #1 3/27/10 - mmc discovered 5/20/10 at 11w2d - d&c 5/21/10
    BFP #2 11/6/10 - EDD 7/19/11 - Beta #1 @ 13dpo, 104 - Beta #2 @ 20dpo, 3400s
    BFP #3 4/24/13 - EDD 1/8/14 - Beta #1 @ ?, 33 - Beta #2 @ 4 days later, 260
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. I despise when he cuts his hair, then showers...ultimately leaving mini pieces of hair on the bar of soap.
    2. He kicks the sheet out every night. Every morning I have to take all the covers off and basically remake the whole bed.
    3. He's literally unable to put his dirty dishes in the dishwasher.
    Caedmon Cole 2/18/06, Savannah Lake 9/21/07, Baby Girl EDD 1/19/14
  • This thread made me realize I am a horrid husband and my DH is a saint. My gripe is DH is always naked. Always! I came down stairs to him laying naked in the middle of the living room surround by DS toys. Now don't get me wrong DH is very nice to look at, but a wife shouldn't have to see her husband twirling his butt hair.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Missed MC 11/17/10 Our little miracle born 1/27/12 Natural MC 7/19/12 Missed MC 1/22/13 Our family is complete DD 12/27/13
    Abnormal ANA, PAI-1 4G/4G homozygous

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DH drives me crazy sometimes with how he gets so annoyed with things and holds weird little grudges. He had a wad of cash in his bedside table and we're thinking of going to the UK so I wanted to use the money for that.

I phoned, told him I was gonna put his money in the bank so we could pay for his flight and I hoped that was ok.

He gets home and he's sooooo angry. I didn't think it was that big of a deal (especially as he didn't tell me not to) so I apologized (it's his $ after all) and told him that I would take the money back out and put it back in his drawer.

He barely acknowledged the apology and hasn't spoken since (approx 20 mins). Nice one DH - this is gonna be a fun night!!
  • 1. DH loves to cut his nails in the livingroom with pieces flying all over the place.
    2. DH wears his outdoor shoes inside my house...in the summer, I don't mind so much but in the wintertime (we live in the North East) he drags in dirt and melted salt and god knows what. I hate it! I think the problem is that he doesn't know what it takes to clean and keep the floors and carpet clean. Ughhh...
  • Kvochka said:
    1. DH loves to cut his nails in the livingroom with pieces flying all over the place...

Ugh!!! My DH does that too! Ewwww
    imageimage

• My DH can't turn a light off to save his life. Every time I walk past the bathroom, kitchen, or laundry room, the light is on. I turn it off, and 5 minutes later, it is back on, and no one in that room again. Drives me NUTS!

Other than this and his complete inability to throw trash in the garbage and instead leaves it ont he counter (if I see one more empty bread bag sitting on the counter...), he is pretty fabulous. He does far more that he should have to. But the lights make me nuts.

• My DH overall is pretty wonderful. However, every month $35 comes out of our account for a gym membership he never uses. 

The other night, I pissed him off.  He stomps into the closet, changes into his gym shorts, grabs his keys, and says "I'm going to the gym."

He came back all happy (yay for work out). So I said, "Good to know all I have to do is piss you off to get some use out of this gym membership."

He might have been a little irritated with me again ... lol.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• Firefly9 said:
    DH and I had a long, on going fight about laundry. I would wash, dry, and fold the laundry and leave it for him to put away. He felt it was my responsibility to "finish" the laundry and put it in his dresser. I felt I already did so much, the least he could do was put it away. So about 18 months ago I stopped doing his laundry altogether. Now it sits like your H's and then he complains about the wrinkles. Funny, my clothes never have wrinkles!
    OMG YES!!! I would neatly fold it and put it in little seperated stacks and he would just move it all onto the top of a dresser or something so it was out of his way. And there it would sit ON TOP OF THE DRESSER IT BELONGS IN for weeks. I just do it now, toooo annoying 

• oh yes and the sink stuff too! It kills me that he will walk the plates to the sink, but not take the extra minute to put them in the dishwasher. I don't know why, but I take it really personally!  I think because some other annoying habits seem absent minded, but if you are clear-minded enough to know it's rude to leave them on the table, you should also realize leaving them in the sink, dirty and food-filled and not in the dishwasher is sending the same message to me -- CLEAN UP MY MESS WOMAN! hahaha
  • DamnPreciousDamnPrecious member
    edited August 2013
    This thread made me realize I am a horrid husband and my DH is a saint. My gripe is DH is always naked. Always! I came down stairs to him laying naked in the middle of the living room surround by DS toys. Now don't get me wrong DH is very nice to look at, but a wife shouldn't have to her husband twirling his butt hair.

:))
    –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"