March 2014 Moms

Lower back pain?

Anyone else having lower back pain?? Mine has started in the past few days. I'm assuming its normal, but haven't really seen anyone else posting about it.

Re: Lower back pain?

• yes I have it! I traveled on a plane all day yesterday and was on a road trip before that and am assuming it's just from that. I do get period cramps in my back though so I am assuming it's just all related. My doctor told me cramps are totally normal, but I haven't asked about the lower back pain. If anybody has specifically asked the doc, would love confirmation that it's normal as well! Thanks for bringing it up Laurenash
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Check out my blog: www.lifescravin.blogspot.com
  • Yes! Mostly when I've been sitting all day or in the car. Not looking forward to my commute when it starts up. Tylenol doesn't even touch the pain. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Okay good to hear...I was sitting at my desk almost all day today so that must be part of it. Sitting with a heating pad on it now. Sleeping has already started getting uncomfortable, just can't get comfortable, so this isn't going to help.
  • Yes, I've definitely had a dull pain there. The Child's Pose and Cat Pose yoga stretches do wonders for my back pain. Here are visuals if you're not familiar: 
  • I don't do yoga, but I love those poses they definitely help stretch out my back.

Do you sleep on your back? I've started putting an extra blanket under my knees so they're slightly bent, it takes the pressure off my lower back.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Be careful also because it's easy to injure yourself when pregnant also. I'm a personal trainer and before I knew I was preggo I started training harder for an obstacle course race (that I now can't do lol) and I really strained my back. I have a dislocation of the SI joint and a bulging disk. We (doc,chiro and I) figure the relaxin hormones in my body allowed for hyper extention. So just be aware you have lax joints and can over do it easily.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
    I'm 36; DS 14; DS 12; DD 9; SD 15; SD 9 and DH 37
    BFP July 10, 2013 and EDD march 18, 2014.
    Left ovarian cyst and right unicornuate uterus (will likely be treated high risk again)

• Yes! I have had horrible lower back pain, especially after sitting for a while. The other day at a birthday party I sat in one of those really uncomfortable folding chairs for 45mins and my back was killing me for the next 2 days.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Ligaments are stretching...a heating pad ( rice bag) helped me so much!
  • Yes! Especially when I sit in the car. I just went and got a massage today and it really relieved the pain for the time being. She was hitting pressure points in my butt to relieve the pain. Lol
    It also helped with the cramps. Whatever works.
  • yes!  i always have upper back pain so this lower back pain thing is new for me. not a fan

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Yes! Especially when I sit in the car. I just went and got a massage today and it really relieved the pain for the time being. She was hitting pressure points in my butt to relieve the pain. Lol It also helped with the cramps. Whatever works.
    Did you get a prenatal or regular massage? My mom got me one for my birthday and I don't know if I should call them and tell them I'm pregnant or not! I feel like some places may not touch you if you are pregnant unless they are certified for prenatal, but at 8-9 weeks, does it matter?
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Check out my blog: www.lifescravin.blogspot.com
  • Yes! I've had it for the past couple of days, feels like it's just there
  • Yup, I have it too. Today its pretty intense.
    BabyFruit Ticker 

• I don't have it yet but hugs lady!!! I hope the pain eases up soon for you!

image    image   image

BFP#1 2/5/13 - EDD 10/11/13 - MMC@8wks - D&C 3/7/13
    BFP#2 7/10/13 - EDD 3/21/14- Eli's Here!!
    imageimageimageimage

~*~All AL Welcome~*~

FOR A GOOD TIME: ****/post/150810/thread

• I just went to my a chiropractor in town and got a massage. It was not prenatal but she did say always make sure to tell you are pregnant before getting a massage. I guess there are pressure points in the hands and feet that can be pressed to cause contractions! Crazy!
  • That's been one of my biggest symptoms! Starts every day in the afternoon and continues through the evening.
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

TTC #1 since April 2011
    BFP #1 07.22.13 - EDD 03.24.13
    U/S #1 08.06.13 - HB 138!
    U/S #2 10.05.13 - It's a Girl!
  • Re prenatal massages- everywhere I read and my dr says massages are great just wait until after the first trimester.
  • I had it around week 4-5... for about a week or so and then it pretty much went away. I couldnt sleep for awhile! I also have previously agitated my sciatica, so it could have been a combination of that as well
  • I'm so glad I read this- I was beginning to freak out because if you google lower back pain and pregnancy it lists it as a possible sign of miscarriage. Need to step away from google!

I'm sad you're all in pain but happy I'm not alone.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Make doubly and triply sure that you're drinking enough (more than enough) water! Lower back pain can be kidneys, and your kidneys are working triple hard right now so it's important to be hydrated.
  • My lower back has been killing me and my DH is a physical therapist and said if you are having our first child your pelvis and hips are literally changing putting pressure on your back and sciatic nerve. Apparently this is just the way of life :(
  • Mine is horrible. I have very mild scoliosis in my lower back. When I was pregnant with DS my back hurt so bad that I had to go to PT for months. But it didn't hurt until 2nd tri. After I had him, I had zero back pain (before pregnancy my back always hurt). This time around it starting hurting after only 5 weeks. :((
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"