C-sections
Options

No end in sight

I had a doctors appointment yesterday. Still going twice a week for incision checks, and it's been six weeks. The doctor said there's no way I can return to work until this is completely healed. She wrote me a note that just said "no work until further notice" because she has no idea when that'll be. Part of me is glad to know I'll still have time with my LO. I just never wanted this to be the reason for it. Another part of me is worried about how long I can afford to not work. I have a limited amount of leave days.

Anyone else having/ or had recovery issues? What are you doing to keep your spirits up.

Re: No end in sight

• Options
    I have a really bad infection and I am only two weeks pp. I feel like there is no end in sight either so thank you for posting. It helps to know I am not alone. My incision opened up so a home health nurse comes to my house every day to pack me with gauze and I see my doctor once a week for wound checks. I am not in very good spirits either. I had to have an emergency c section because the cord was wrapped around my daughter's neck. Sorry I cannot be of more help as far as keeping your spirit up but it does help to know you are not alone :)
  • Options
    jefkjefk member
    My incision became infected, but my doc provided antibiotics and it's now cleared up.  However, I had a surprise c-section and it took me a couple weeks to get over it - it was not what I had planned or prepared for, and I felt like a total failure that I didn't have a "real" labor or delivery.  We also had a hard time breastfeeding so I'm EPing now, and it took me a while to accept that, too.  I just keep focusing on the fact that I have a healthy baby girl, and that's all that matters.  I ended up talking to my doctor about PPD and I'm now on Zoloft, which is helping.  I have to contact a therapist, too, and I'm hoping that'll help me sort things out.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well, it does help to know you're not alone. I'm on my third round of antibiotics for this. My incision never opened all the way up just a couple of holes along it, and it's been draining now for all these weeks. They have been trying to keep from having to open it back up and pack it, Hoping it will heal on its own. I'm beginning to lose hope that will happen though. Trying to keep my chin up though. I have a beautiful little boy that would have died otherwise if I hadn't had the section, so it was all worth it.
  • Options
    Wow a third round of antibiotics? I'm sorry. I just finished my first set the dr gave me. Then she said it wasn't strong enough so she gave me another which I am almost done with and she also had her nurse give me a third antibiotic in my butt. (a shot). I would rather have the shot than to have to keep taking all these pills. I am sick to death of medication and of getting packed with gauze every day. But it will get better I suppose. I just have to be grateful my little girl is okay.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"