Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Scalp problems

My daughter has a TON of hair, more than most 3 yr olds. Lately I've noticed that her scalp is flaky towards the front, almost like cradle cap. I guess I just thought that only newborns and young babies had cradle cap and she has never had it before, if that's what this is. Any suggestions? Could I just not be washing it well enough? Or different shampoo other than baby shampoo? Thanks!

Re: Scalp problems

• My pedi said kids can have cradle cap all through childhood. She said it was okay to try head and shoulders shampoo, but I haven't yet - I'm hoping K will outgrow outgrow it, it seems to be clearing up.

• My LO had cradle cap when he was about 3 months.  Pedi recommended head and shoulders too.  We went ahead and used it and it cleared up pretty quickly.  Haven't used it since it cleared up.
  • Loading the player...
  • cedentoncedenton member
    edited July 2013
    I've noticed a few yellowish flaky spots on DS head, but it's not much and doesn't seem to bother him. We've always used Mustela newborn shampoo, though, and it's supposed to be great for cradle cap.
  • I just used olive oil on my baby head at night, a bit greasy but worked great.  she did not have a tonne of hair lol

• My niece got cradle cap during her second year -- so I guess it can happen throughout the young years.

Our LO had it pretty bad the first six month. He also had eczema, so the allergist recommended Free and Clear shampoo (we got it at Walgreens), and using the baby brush on his head once it was good and sudsy. It cleared up -- but I kind of think he just outgrew it for now.
    photo 9acca2d2-3800-4433-bb71-c445948b76cf_zpsd9667865.jpg

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD still has an icky scalp, she's basically had it all along.  I scrub it away, or most of it, but it just comes back no matter what I use or do.  I'm hoping she'll just grow out of it,  It doesn't bother her at all.  Btw, she has lots of hair too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hydrocortisone cream.  We used it with DS when he had bad cradle cap.  I guess it would work for a 3 year old too.  But yeahm kids can get cradle cap when they are older too.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • it sounds like cradle cap my daughter has it again , Her pediatrician said to use selsen blue (SP) But ask ur pediatrician :) I used it and with in the week it was gone , Just becarful not to get it in babys eyes

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"