Baby Showers

Ideas for doing a gender reveal at the shower.

2»

Re: Ideas for doing a gender reveal at the shower.

• I love the outfit idea. And the balloons. The cake is just so overdone,IMO

Fwiw, we were team green and didn't receive many clothes.... Til after he was born. I loved them but lord if he didn't have thousands of outfits... So you'll get clothes no matter what, even after the birth.
  • slmille4 said:
    Ok we get it. I'm a horrible selfish person, but I don't care anymore. I'm pregnant and moody and some of u people are just plain mean. I've told plenty of people in doing this included those going to the shower and no one has said that I'm horrible for doing it or that they feel manipulated, my friends just told me they're still gonna try and find a cute outfit anyway. And that's it.
    I guarantee you they're talking about it behind your back, though.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Loading the player...
  • OP, you're being melodramatic. I agree with the PP who said people don't really care about the sex of your baby. The only way a gender reveal would come across right is if the parents don't know the sex ahead of time. Guests would be interested in your reaction. Not their own. Gender reveals are a bit AWish, but they are very much so if you and H know ahead of time. Your guests will be wondering what the point was. Either hold off on finding out the sex or don't do the reveal at all.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I think sex reveals are silly, but the fun of them would be seeing the surprised look on the MTB and ftb's faces. As a friend or family member I don't really care whether you are having a boy or a girl, my reaction will be exactly the same either way. By you knowing ahead of time, you are taking away much of the point.

Not only do I think you are overestimating how much others care, but I think you are overestimating the gifts.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"