3rd Trimester

Hand, Foot, Mouth Disease in Toddler :(

UGH...So I had a baby shower on Sunday, and my best friend came with her three year old.  I received a text last night that her son was diagnozed with Hand, Foot and Mouth disease.  Today, I got an email from my son's daycare saying DS was crying b/c his mouth hurts now....they didn't see any sores or anything. I'm banking that he has it now.... :( Anyone else experience HFMD?  :(  I'm worried being pregnant too....I read that it doesn't generally affect adults. Just one more illness to stress over these final few weeks :(
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Hand, Foot, Mouth Disease in Toddler :(

• It is definitely more common in children. I work at a daycare and we've had it go through there a few times. It's really contagious, but nothing bad. I would go to the doctors to have your son checked though. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

photo f67a54b1-ddce-4538-bf7e-65a79c0165f1_zps84df8eb7.jpg
  • Our whole family had it twice this past year. I had it once before I got pregnant and once while I was pregnant. It is probably the most annoying thing in the world. I think it was bad for the kids because they didn't want to eat anything and they had sores on the hands and feet, but my DH was definitely the worst. He complained a lot and had to make magic mouthwash to help with the sores in the mouth. It should be gone within a week or so. Good Luck!
    E 03.10
    H 11.11
    C 08.13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I actually did have it as an adult, probably five or so years ago...it sucked, but mostly because of discomfort. Id call, just to inform dr, but can't imagine there's anything to do about it since it's a virus.
  • I never was exposed to it pregnant but my two boys had it last summer. Both had sores in and around mouth as well as on their hands and feet. They also ran high fevers. I was told to alternate tylenol and motrin. I tried to sanitize their toys as best as I could. I made sure to wash my hands more tha n usual and used a lot of hand sanitizer to keep it fron spreading through my house.
  • RedDDDRedDDD member
    my son just got over it and it took about a week but he looked like a leper with peeling, cracked skin for at least two weeks after.  His hands were disgusting and I actually used a pumice stone on his feet once they had healed but were just peeling skin.  That seemed to help.  It was a sucky week for all at our house.  I am pregnant and was exposed to it but when I called my OB she was not concerned.  So I wouldn't be too worried.
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• My kids had it and it was no big deal for them. They had little blisters on their hands and feet but they felt fine. They only lasted like 3 days but we kept them in for a week. 
    Emily & Alex imageimage
  • Yep, we've had it.  Lasted less than a week. 
    Our family is complete!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My nephew has it right now. DD was supposed to sleep over there tomorrow night but I wont let her now. That's the last thing I need--a sick 3 year old while pregnant. No thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"