May 2013 Moms
Options

Ten Things

1. I'm obsessed with Parmesan cheese lately and have been adding it to almost everything I cook.

2.  LO is playing on her activity mat right now and I love the way she's raising her eyebrows at it.

3. I also love the way she smiles at me every morning when she sees me for  the first  time.

4. I have to figure out child care plans for Wednesdays and Thursdays when I go back to work since MIL went back on her offer.

5. My secret nickname for MIL is "the mega bitch".

6. LO's nicknames are dependent on her temperament at the time, either honey baby or Krabby Patty.

7. I really hate that the Bump 86'ed post counts.

8. I would love to have a glass of wine right now, even though it's only just after 12pm.

9. I want to make the Mac n cheese recipe I just saw on Barefoot Contessa.

10. LO's getting shots next Monday and I'm dreading it. 
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Ten Things

• Options
    1. My SIL, BIL, niece and nephew are leaving for Germany for 3 years on Sunday.

2. It's going to be pretty rough for my in laws.

3. My DD constantly wants to sleep with me and I have no idea what to do anymore :/

4. I had a going away party and anniversary party this past weekend 2 birthday parties this weekend and next weekend and a get together.

5. We are super busy, it sucks lol.

6. DH is finally off on Fridays again (:

7. I cannot wait for summer to be over I hate the heat. Bring on the fall and winter!

8: I haven't been able to take a shower since Sunday. I will be taking one tonight...

9. Even though I complain about this stuff, my daughters smiles and the way she looks at me makes it all worth it.

10. I'm thinking of switching ob's, she just has been horrible and just uninterested lately. She couldn't even find my file and I waited in the waiting room for an hr and a half, it was ridiculous!
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                            Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • Options
    1. Pinch me - both babies are napping at the same time! 
    2. Yesterday was the first time in 3 months I took both of them out on my own. One had just woken from a nap and eaten, the other desperately needed a nap. I loaded them into the stroller and we walked in circles around the neighborhood allowing the one to look around and the other to sleep. 
    3. I just heard some noise on the monitor. Crap. 
    4. I am living on Stouffer's frozen meals and am sick of them.
    5. I think our teenage mother's helper broke our couch. What IS it with teenagers flopping on furniture?
    6. This is her last week with us, then my dad is coming to help for a few days, and then next week my mom is basically moving in with us (Monday to Friday) to be our nanny! A bit extreme, but I am excited.
    7. I love my dog to pieces but he is driving me nuts with his barking and clinging to us/the girls. I have to carry him downstairs when the dog walker arrives each day, and my husband wants to get him a bark collar since he barks at everything he sees/hears passing the house. I'm resisting because I think they're cruel, but he IS driving me crazy.
    8. I'm really struggling to keep the mother's helper busy these last couple of weeks. A sign that I'm starting to get the hang of this?
    9. Yesterday my boss emphatically confirmed he is looking forward to my return to work in September. It made me feel good even though before my babies were born, I thought I wanted to be a SAHM.
    10. One of my best friends is being induced tomorrow... I'm excited to see a pic and hear what they name her. The last I heard it was Charlotte, but it wasn't definite.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kmcd23kmcd23 member
    1. Breastfeeding is driving me crazy. Just when I think we've finally hit our stride, it starts to hurt like a b1tch again.

2. Last week was so wonderful. H came home from sea and my in laws flew in for 5 days. 4 sets of hands for one baby! After being alone for 2 weeks, it was amazing!

3. When bf'ing hurts so bad, I'm ashamed to say I start to feel resentful.

4. I pumped to give him a bottle today for the first time in weeks, and as I prepped his bottle, I realized there was a dead fruit fly floating in it. Luckily it was only from one side, so I fed him what I had left, and then had to put him back on the boob. Fail.

5. I am so flipping excited about our new house. I'll miss this neighborhood's walkability, but I can't wait for AC, military community support, and easier parking! Plus, H will be able to come home for lunch!

6. Where is Hoolah? Lol

7. LO seems to be between diaper sizes, and is growing out of his 0 - 3 onesies. Where is my tiny baby going?

8. I'm seriously considering asking my mom to come back out. I feel like a baby, but I also feel like I am so much more successful with someone else around. I don't even really need her to do anything. I think I just need company and emotional support.

9. H wants to take LO to a Padres game. I think it's nuts. We're going to try it. I hope I'm wrong.

10. I wish there was a salt water pool around here to take LO to. I was spoiled in Hawaii!
  • Options
    1. I want a new job.
    2. I'm already counting down to Friday. 
    3. LO slept from 9:30-7:00 today. We had to kind of wake him up. I'm pretty sure it's the first time I've woken up with my alarm clock in months. Thank goodness I actually set it.  I'm sure it was a fluke, and I don't want to complain, but I'm kind of sad we didn't get much snuggle time this morning.
    4. I'm thinking I might throw in the pumping towel sooner than later. I only pump about 9 ounces a day, and LO is up to 30-36 oz a day. I just don't know if the benefits outweigh the effort anymore.
    5. I can't WAIT until I get to pick up LO everyday. It's what gets me through the work day.
    6. I'm waiting for my boss to complain that I'm only putting in 45 hours a week. See #1 again.
    7. I could use another 12 weeks off.
    8. I need a vacation.
    9. I"m excited my parents are coming out in a couple of weeks. They haven't seen LO since his first week. He's changed SO MUCH!
    10. I skyped with my sister last night. I know I'm late to the game, but seriously? Best freaking invention ever. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    kmcd23 said:
     2. Last week was so wonderful. H came home from sea and my in laws flew in for 5 days. 4 sets of hands for one baby! After being alone for 2 weeks, it was amazing!  

6. Where is Hoolah? Lol 

8. I'm seriously considering asking my mom to come back out. I feel like a baby, but I also feel like I am so much more successful with someone else around. I don't even really need her to do anything. I think I just need company and emotional support. 
    #2 - I'm glad you had a great week! You deserved one. When my parents were here, my husband was going on about how it was now the "normal" ratio of adults to babies (4 adults for 2 babies). Then he mused, "although there are still only two lactating breasts." Lol.

#6 - I've been wondering about Hoolah too. I was her labor buddy so I think I'll send her an email and see how she's doing.

#8 - Don't be afraid to ask for help! Especially since your husband is away so much, 
  • Options
    1. I don't hate being back at work as much as I thought I would and it makes me feel guilty.
    2. I'm actually thankful that my MIL is not going to be traveling and is watching LO while I'm at work and DH is at school.
    3. My MIL also cleans my house and does our laundry.
    4. I'm not ashamed, and I probably should be.
    5. My mother keeps bugging me about giving LO water in a bottle. WTF is with her?
    6. If she says to me one more time "he looks thirsty" I'm going to sock her in the mouth.
    7. I've recently become really paranoid about our LO's heart and I am actually looking forward to his cardiologist appt in August because I need the reassurance that he's ok.
    8. Bedsharing rocks my world and works best for us. 
    9. DH talks about moving him to his crib soon, but I just ignore him because as long as I'm nursing at night, my baby is allowed to sleep next to me.
    10. I have so many home projects I want to start on but my weekend time is so precious I don't want to waste it.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 5/18/12. MMC @ 8 weeks. Measuring 6w5d. MC naturally 6/29/12. Forever loved.

2013-07-17 at 07.15.09
  • Options
    1. LO is sleeping in my arms and I know I should put her down, but I'm so sentimental lately and I keep reminding myself that one day, she won't want to sleep in my arms anymore so I better soak it up while I can.

2. I am very lucky that I don't have to go back to work till December. But DH pointed out last night that I'm 1/3 of the way through my "time hanging out at home with her" and I lost it. I would give anything to be a SAHM. It's all I've ever wanted and it breaks my heart that I have to work.

3. DH does really well at his job and always gets rave performance reviews. I would love it if he got a promotion or a raise and came home one day to announce that I can quit my job.

4. We tried a Tommee Tippee bottle two days ago and although LO won't latch onto it completely, she gets pretty close and doesn't fight it as much as other bottles. FX she will continue to progress with it!

5. Even though I hope she takes a bottle occasionally, I really love BFing and am glad it is working for us.

6. My brother has a giant container of junk stuff from our dad's house sitting in my garage that he has neglected to pick up for two weeks now, even though he keeps telling me he will come get it "tomorrow." It's about to get dragged to the curb.

7. My dad passed away in 2011 and although I'm heartbroken that my LO will never meet her grandfather, I'm thrilled that his wife is not any part of our lives since he died. She is wretched.

8. I am fully aware that #7 makes me sound like a terrible person.

9. I'm having anxiety over LO getting her first shots on Thursday. I know I'm going to bawl right along with her.

10. She's awake!
  • Options
    kmcd23 said:
     4. I pumped to give him a bottle today for the first time in weeks, and as I prepped his bottle, I realized there was a dead fruit fly floating in it. Luckily it was only from one side, so I fed him what I had left, and then had to put him back on the boob. Fail.
    I would have just fished out the fruit fly and fed the bottle. My LO has her hands in her mouth practically from the time she wakes up until the time she goes to sleep, and that's only because we swaddle the crap out of her! I'm certain she's eaten at least one fruit fly. Breastmilk isn't sterile once it's out of the boob, no matter how clean your parts are, and babies mouths certainly aren't sterile either. Sorry you had to waste the liquid gold, I know those feels. 
    She is here! 5-29-13

• Options
    HimandMeplus3HimandMeplus3 member
    edited July 2013

CNJ4EVA said:
    5. My secret nickname for MIL is "the mega bitch".

I secretly say Monster in Law in my head!  ;)

• Options

1.  I'm by myself at work until 4:30. Makes for a very long day, especially because it's dead around here. 

2.  I'm out of Candy Crush lives. And I refuse to buy more.

3. My (visiting) mom kept my LO in her room Saturday night so I could sleep through the whole night for the first time since he's been born.  She took him out in the living room with all the lights on and couldn't figure out why he wouldn't go back to sleep.  So she stuck him in his swing with the music and mobile going (with the lights still on).  I think she may have confused him on days/nights because he's woken up every 3.5 hours the last two night.  What happened to my baby that slept 6-7 hours at night??

4. My monster in law (MIL) keeps giving the same suggestions on what to do with baby that we keep shooting down (sleeping on tummy, sleeping on bed with a pile of blankets, giving him water) because they are ridiculous and out-of-date advice.

5.  If my MIL tries to take Jackson's paci out of his mouth one more time and hide it because she disagrees with us using because she never used one with her boys, I may smack her hand!

6. My first two periods since baby have lasted two weeks apiece.  FML

7.  Cake Boss is in my city today, and I can't go get any free cake.  I really want cake!

8.  I wish there was an ILs/Family board on here so I can read of other horror stories that don't make mine seem so bad.

9.  It's in the 70s today and has been for the last week.  In July.  In Indiana.  I think we're going to have a disastrous winter because of this!

10.  I really want that cake from #7.

• Options
    RoxZ32RoxZ32 member
    1. I'm annoyed that I had to cancel my appointment with my personal trainer today because my DH won't be out of work in time.

2. I'm excited that I lost 5.6lbs so far from exercising and eating healthy!

3. I'm worried I've decreased my milk supply sure to my healthy foods. I know I'm eating significantly less calories than before. I love breast feeding but I also love the idea of losing weight and getting healthy and being less ashamed of my appearance. I'm afraid that I'm being selfish.

4. I have like 8lbs of meat on my fridge that I'm supposed to be splitting up and prepping to freeze and everyday I say "I'll do it tomorrow". I have to do it tonight before it all goes bad!

5. Before L was born I was crazy about washing every piece of clothing before I'd let her wear it. Recently, I've been lazy and haven't done laundry so I'm ripping tags off news clothes my mom bought her and letting her wear them right away.

6. I worked a full day yesterday and I'm not even scheduled to go back till next week. I hated it and I'm not looking forward to it. Wish I was a SAHM.

7. My dogs won't stop ripping apart diapers! GRRR!

8. I watched the Bachelorette and can't help but wonder if Brooks even likes women?

9. I was watching House Hunters on HGTV but I had to change the station because everytime the doorbell rings on the show my dogs go crazy and I'm pretty sure they will wake L up.

10. I wish I could get L to nap in her crib instead of the swing so I can do laundry and be productive but I don't want to switch her because she sleeps so good in her swing. She's been asleep 4 hrs in the so far today!

• Options
    1. I'm quitting my job tomorrow and am sooooo excited.

2. I'm blaming #1 on the baby to preserve some goodwill since my industry is small and close-knit.

3. I saw a heartbeat on the ultrasound today... It hasn't sunk in that we are doing it all again. Already.

4. Homemade Mac and cheese for dinner!

5. I hate looking in the mirror-- and I especially hate pulling maternity clothes back out. But at least they are the right season.

6. School starts soon and I'm excited for soccer and wrestling and lacrosse and golf and piano. I enjoy my kids' busy lives.

7. My ticker is wrong and I've been too lazy to change it. My kid is 7 not 5.

8. My husband remembered our "real" anniversary yesterday and brought me flowers... One year yesterday. We snuck away and got married then had our ceremony in September.

9. I'm bummed I finished the mad men series and have nothing left to watch.

10. I'm quitting my job tomorrow. Yay!!
  • Options
    1. Returned to work part-time last week. 4 hours is not enough time to accomish anything and manage 4 others.
    2. I start back at full-time on Monday, dreading it. Can't imagine being away from my LO that long.
    3. 2-month shots today. Grounded to glider with pitiful LO on my chest. See #2, how will I leave her on Monday?!
    4. Thought we found a great sitter. Not!
    4. Did a trial at a center yesterday, really think LO enjoyed the activity.
    5. LO keeps quivering from crying so hard from shots.
    6. Popcorn and bottled water for lunch, not so healthy.
    7. I'm sick of Mosquitos ruining our outdoor time.
    8. LOs hair is falling out in clumps, wonder what color it'll come back in as?
    9. Wondering when ill ever have time to blog again????
    10. Happy Friday Eve to all!
  • Options
    1. One week after the birth, I was past pre-pregnancy weight. Now, I up....the more I want to lose weight the more I gain.
    2. My baby literally has the most hair I've ever seen & it's kinky curly. Neither of us or our family members have curly hair. I want to cut it because he was born with a mullet and it way past his ears....But, I just can't!
    3. We have 3 month pictures today!!!
    4. Drew Barrymore just bought a house in the town next to mine...and it's supposed to be big news.
    5. I can't wash/dry/hang up baby clothes fast enough....so, the baby has been living out of a laundry basket and I don't care.
    6. I'm super jealous of all you girls that are just now going back to work. I went back 3 weeks postpartum. I work for family and the baby comes with me, but it still sucked.
    7. I really haven't worked all day. I blame the creators of pinterest. 
    8. I just painted my toenails and they look like I did them with my left hand.
    9. Today is the first day I put makeup on since our newborn pictures.
    10. I keep thinking today is Friday. It's not.

April 29, 2013
    8 pound 4 ounces
    20 1/2"

DX: 2001 Severe Endometriosis 
    5/2006: BFP 5/2006: M/C
    10/2008: TTC W/Severe Endo
    1/2010: 6 cycles with Clomid=all BFN
    9/5/2012: BFP 

https://www.facebook.com/pages/TheCraftyPie/265482416859470

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards