Health & Exercise

Medications During TTC/Pregnancy

I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this so bear with me.
I tried to go off of Pantoprazole (Protonix) before and it didn't go well so my GI put me back on and insisted it was ok through ttc and pregnancy.
I have been off of Citalopram (Celexa) for 8 months but it is becoming more and more apparent that my anxiety is not as resolved as I thought it was.
I have read this drug is much more harmful (higher risk for autism etc) than the reflux medication but ok in low doses during ttc and pregnancy. I really didn't want to be on anything at all and the combination of TWO medications is incredibly worrisome to me.

Does anyone have any insight on it?? Anyone been on one or both during ttc and pregnancy? ?

Re: Medications During TTC/Pregnancy

• Hi- I would speak with your OB as well.  If the GI said it was fine in low doses, it probably is, but for peace of mind, speak with your OB.  

I was on anti-depressants from my last baby (still) when my OB and I spoke about meds while TTC and pregnant.  He said my dosage was low enough that it was fine for me to continue.  I was until my husband and I spoke about it and he is more comfortable is I'm not taking it.  He knows I will have moods or episodes, but we're trying to work through them.

If it doesn't work, DH and I will speak with my OB again at my first appt.  

So really, don't google anything and speak with your docs and see if there is another course of action you can take if you're uncomfortable.

Good luck!!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
      Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I was not personally on any anxiety/dep. medication during pregnancy, but I do have a friend who was for the first half of her pregnancy and then worked to wean herself off for the second half. She found going "cold turkey" when they got their BFP was detrimental to her stress levels and wouldn't benefit the pregnancy. Her OB had approved whatever anxiety medication she was on within a certain dosage level. I would make an appointment with your OB as PPs have mentioned. If you don't have one yet because you are TTC or will be going with another option for prenatal care, contact whoever you will have in charge of your prenatal care. There are so many things to take into consideration when TTC and during pregnancy when it comes to any kind of medication that it's really important you discuss them directly with your personal healthcare professional and do NOT rely on Dr. Google or forums to approve or deny your intake. Best of luck with TTC!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"