April 2013 Moms
Options

Poop question. Stinky farts.

evertzevertz member
edited July 2013 in April 2013 Moms

I know LO's digestive system is constantly developing and I've read that it's fairly normal for EBF babies to go many days without pooping. However, baby's last poop was on Sunday and for the last few days his farts are extra smelly. Anyone else's LO starting to get stinky gas? Is this something I should worry about?

TIA!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Poop question. Stinky farts.

• Options
    CanukMamCanukMam member
    edited July 2013
    My LO is EBF and typically goes a week between poops and farts 'like a frat boy'. Knock you down stinky :\">

As long as the poop isn't hard then its normal. If its hard then he is constipated
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Lo just had one as I was reading this post. :-\"
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Occasionally my DD has smelly egg farts.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    leasajleasaj member
    Just recently my little lady has had some not-so-ladylike smells. Gag!
  • Options
    evertzevertz member

Ha! OK good. I figured it was normal but MIL was saying she thought something might be wrong because he had stinky farts. It seemed normal to me but I thought I better see if anyone else was experiencing this as well.

Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    If he goes longer than 6 days w/out pooping mix 1 tsp. of dark karo syrup with BM. You can do this up to 3 times a day, but I did it once and it took a couple hrs but my LO finally pooped. 
    image    image   image
  • Options
    Ginny's farts are worse than DH's. Its horrible.
    :-&

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options
    My goodness, if smelly farts meant something bad DS would have been at the dr since he was born. Most days I don't know whether its my baby, husband or dog!!! All 3 boys smell wretched!!!
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Options

DS goes days without pooping and gets those terrible farts. His favorite time to fart is when he's eating   -__-

(EBF right here btw)

imageimageimage

Married my Best Friend 5/24/09~BFP 8/6/2012~EDD: 4/10/2013~Induced 4/4/2013, Delivered4/5/2013~DX: Type 2 Diabetes(2011)

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"