September 2012 Moms
Options

Birthday party menu

What are you having for food at your b-day parties? (Sorry if this has already been discussed) We are having a princess themed party with about 30 people at our house. I don't want to do the typical grill out chicken/burgers/hotdogs. I also don't feel like doing the typical shower food like cold cuts, sloppy joes, or chicken salad. I want something a little "nicer" but I have no idea what to do! I was just at a party that did a taco bar which I loved the idea but I am not sold on tacos. Ideas?!

Re: Birthday party menu

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    We are having the party from 3-5, so no meal just light apps and a milk and cookies buffet.

What about doing a carving station for the main course. That seems kind of "royal" to me.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    Or breakfast foods. Waffle bar, quiches, sausages, fruits.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are just doing different pasta dishes, salads, and pizza from a local takeout place. The desserts will be theme related - we're doing rubber duckies and the colors are blue and yellow, so items in those colors or shaped like ducks.

• Options
    We are getting barbecue from a nearby place and serving it buffet style. There's only about 12 people though.
  • Options
    We are doing a western theme so for appetizers we are doing mini corn breads, Mac and cheese bites, melon skewers, chips with a few dips, pigs in a blanket, veggies. For dinner it's, BBQ chicken and pulled pork sliders, pasta salad, potato salad, baked beans, coleslaw crunch, corn and black bean salad, rolls. For dessert pies, s'more bars and I'm attempting to make a corral kit Kat cake.

For a princess party brunch would be cute or an afternoon tea.

BFP #1 Chemical Pregnancy

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #3 Missed Miscarriage 8wks

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

BFP #5 Due August 10, 2015

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We are having a BBQ. My mom makes an incredible BBQ, and it will feed so many with leftovers for days. I think we will be having potato salad and baked beans to go along with it. My mother is making the food. Haven't went over all the details with her yet.

2.0 is on the way! EDD: 2/24/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We're doing a taco bar with all the fixings and a corn cake that I'll make ahead of time and then throw it in the crock pot. It's easy and people can pick what they want. Easy peasy.

~~~ EDD for Baby #2  6/28/15~~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DH will grill, but it will be something that can be cooked low and slow so it doesn't require constant attention like burgers (likely these rolled sausage things he makes that involve bulk sausage, stuffed with peppers and onions). I'll do an array of side salads (green, pasta, etc). We'll probably order up tomato pie then just have cake, fruit and maybe cookies for dessert.

• Options
    We are having about 30 people as well from 11:30-1:30 so we'll eat lunch, then do cake and gifts and she'll need a nap after that.

I am having an Italian restaurant cater it with:  Italian Beef (A Chicago thing), lemon chicken, roasted potatoes, and rigatoni.  They give a relish tray and bread with it (also used for the beef sandwiches).   I am making the cupcakes/cake and will get water/drinks from Costco - trying to save $ as much as possible.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Could you do tea party food for a princess party? Chicken salad sandwiches on croissants (mini croissants or large croissants cut in half). Little tea sandwiches. Skewers of fruit salad. Veggie sticks served in cups with ranch dressing in the bottom for dipping.
    I second this idea for a princess party. Maybe add in some mini quiches if you want something else.

We are doing a mid-afternoon thing - so no meal will be served. 
    Rainbow is our colour scheme/theme - so we will have fruit skewers (watermelon, canteloupe, pinapple, kiwi, blueberry) and a colourful veggie tray. And then funfetti cupcakes. Plus probably some cheese/crackers/meat type snacks. And beverages. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"