September 2013 Moms

That's it! Vent! UPDATE

MallardDuckyMallardDucky member
edited August 2013 in September 2013 Moms
Update: today is trash day so most people had their trash out on the curb. Not a single one of us was spared! My neighbors to my left took the dog to the "owners" and they said its not their dog anymore. Animal control was called and fined them because he was still registered to them. They have not feed him so they were fines for animal abuse. However I am still getting a big heavy duty trash can. Oh the dog is being taken to a no kill shelter.

Wether DH likes it or not I am about to go drop about $80 at Walmart for a freaking heavy duty big ass trash can! Why because our neighbor who likes to let her dog run loose, not feed it and refuse to try an catch him when he darts out the door keeps getting into our trash! I have had enough! Yeah guess who gets to clean it up each time!

Step 1 new trash can
Step 2 call animal control everything single time I see that damn dog, and not feel one bit sorry for her!

Dogs are not freaking whenever pets they are all the time pets! Take care if your animals!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: That's it! Vent! UPDATE

• Put hot sauce or some kind of pepper on your trash (something the dog would like to eat).  It doesn't take much before the dog does NOT come back.  Just be sure to wash your hands.  Works for fences that they are destroying and all sorts of things.  Doesn't harm them, just burns their mouth for a bit.
  • Loading the player...
  • eyriseyris member
    Just make sure that if it's the can you wheel out to the curb on trash day that they will pick up the size that you get.

Our maximum in my city is 32 gallons, I believe.  Doesn't matter how much trash is in it, if it's bigger than that they won't touch it.
    My little guy!  Everett Richard born 9/3/13

• That would drive me absolutely insane!!! Good luck with the new garbage can!

We have a dog like that in our neighboorhood that runs wild all the time, scrounges for food, tries to run into houses when the door is opened. What upsets me most about it is that this dog has a choke chain on and no tags at all so there is no way to contact the owner and the city will take it to the pound. You have to register your dog in our town and always keep the tags on them, the registration is less than $5 per year. If you can't afford that or won't do that, then why do you have a pet? It breaks my heart that people could treat/neglect their pet like that, I just can't understand it. You are making a commitment to the animal when you choose to have a pet, they completely depend on you.

• Mom38673 said:
    Put hot sauce or some kind of pepper on your trash (something the dog would like to eat).  It doesn't take much before the dog does NOT come back.  Just be sure to wash your hands.  Works for fences that they are destroying and all sorts of things.  Doesn't harm them, just burns their mouth for a bit.
    I don't have a problem with my dog getting into anything, she's actually crazy well behaved somehow, but she freaking LOVES hot sauce. She rarely gets table scraps and one day she was begging really bad after being at ILs house (they feed her scraps) so I gave her some insanely spicey chicken with hot sauce to get her to stop. She went mental for it, she was begging even worse for more! Now sometimes when we have tacos or something like that we will give her a little bit of hot sauce off our fingers and she is in heaven.
  • llybeck said:
    Mom38673 said:
    Put hot sauce or some kind of pepper on your trash (something the dog would like to eat).  It doesn't take much before the dog does NOT come back.  Just be sure to wash your hands.  Works for fences that they are destroying and all sorts of things.  Doesn't harm them, just burns their mouth for a bit.
    I don't have a problem with my dog getting into anything, she's actually crazy well behaved somehow, but she freaking LOVES hot sauce. She rarely gets table scraps and one day she was begging really bad after being at ILs house (they feed her scraps) so I gave her some insanely spicey chicken with hot sauce to get her to stop. She went mental for it, she was begging even worse for more! Now sometimes when we have tacos or something like that we will give her a little bit of hot sauce off our fingers and she is in heaven.
    HAHA... That's crazy!  How funny.  Well, you never know.  I know my husband fed our lab firey hot cheetoes one day.  Let's just say we had firey orange poop everywhere in the yard!  It upset his tummy so bad!
  • I loathe irresponsible pet owners.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Ugh. I agree with other PPs about asking the owner to a) control her damn dog and b) buying you the new trashcan. You shouldn't have to fork over cash because someone else can't be responsible. 

I also agree with the animal control idea. After enough times of paying the fees to get the dog out, I'm sure your neighbor will get the idea and keep her dog inside...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• I am not to worried about paying for a new trashcan, ours need to go they are old and missing wheels.  I am just venting about picking up the trash from being torn up.

• AmusjhAmusjh member
    I would call animal control first before getting the new trash can (although it sounds like you need one).  Your neighbor needs a wake up call.
    photo b968ca6b-5a0b-49a1-93ac-7776aa6ee34b.jpg
    *Parker Ryan*
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Petsmart has something like bitter spray for training animals not to chew. While I didn't originally think hot sauce was a bad idea, looks like that can totally backfire! Spray down your brand new trashcan with bitter sauce. Might even keep coons away....   :))
    VOTE on my Name List
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • msronzio said:
    Petsmart has something like bitter spray for training animals not to chew. While I didn't originally think hot sauce was a bad idea, looks like that can totally backfire! Spray down your brand new trashcan with bitter sauce. Might even keep coons away....   :))
    I must have the weirdest dog ever. She has a nervous habit of licking her feet, nothing medically wrong, just a habit. The vet suggested that bitter spray and she licked her feet like crazy, she got so happy when she saw the spray bottle, she acted like she was getting a treat!
  • Ugh. I agree with other PPs about asking the owner to a) control her damn dog and b) buying you the new trashcan. You shouldn't have to fork over cash because someone else can't be responsible. 

I also agree with the animal control idea. After enough times of paying the fees to get the dog out, I'm sure your neighbor will get the idea and keep her dog inside...
    I have a feeling that this dog owner could not give two shits about Mallard getting a new trash can. Probably the same amount that she gives about her dog running around the neighborhood.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• How about putting the trash in her yard? I guess animal control or calling the cops is a more civilized way to handle it, but come on, you know it'd be awesome to dump all your trash in her yard! 

• I think calling animal control is your best bet AFTER you talk to the neighbors. But like PPs said, I doubt they are going to care what you think. I think the kind neighbor thing to do is to let them have a chance to handle it before it escalates.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That's some BS. I would send DH over to talk with them.

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • MallardDuckyMallardDucky member
    edited July 2013
    I think calling animal control is your best bet AFTER you talk to the neighbors. But like PPs said, I doubt they are going to care what you think. I think the kind neighbor thing to do is to let them have a chance to handle it before it escalates.
    The first 5 times the dog got out DH returned the dog to them.  The last time I took him back the kid that answered the door just let him run again. I don't think talking is going to do anything either.  I know the dog comes to my house cause he can play with my dogs (we had him in the back when trying to locate owners the first time).     New trashcans and animal control seems like the best thing.   At least he will have a chance at a home that cares.  

• calling animal control without first really seriously addressing it with the family is pretty douchey, IMO. 
    BFP #1 - Mango - 6/11/12, EDD 2/22/12 Natural MC 7/15/12
    BFP #2 - Nacho - 10/14/12, EDD 6/20/13, MMC 8 weeks, D&C 11/16/12
    All testing shows both H and I are perfectly normal. Baby Nacho had triploidy. 
    Back to normal business December 2012
    BFP #3 - Froggy - 1/15/13, EDD 9/27/13 TEAM GREEN
    It's a girl! Alice - Born 9/20/13, 8lbs 2oz

imageimage
  • calling animal control without first really seriously addressing it with the family is pretty douchey, IMO. 
    So how many times would you return the dog or let it run loose before calling animal control.   Its clear they do not care

So how many times would you return the dog or let it run loose before calling animal control.   Its clear they do not care
    I think you owe them a "one last shot" before calling animal control. That's serious business... go over there, say you're becoming frustrated, worried about safety and cleanliness, and if it happens again, you're going to have to call
    BFP #1 - Mango - 6/11/12, EDD 2/22/12 Natural MC 7/15/12
    BFP #2 - Nacho - 10/14/12, EDD 6/20/13, MMC 8 weeks, D&C 11/16/12
    All testing shows both H and I are perfectly normal. Baby Nacho had triploidy. 
    Back to normal business December 2012
    BFP #3 - Froggy - 1/15/13, EDD 9/27/13 TEAM GREEN
    It's a girl! Alice - Born 9/20/13, 8lbs 2oz

imageimage
  • I say call animal control, have them pick up the dog then tell the neighbor. I have an escapee dog and the worst is the $45 fine. We changed our ways real fast. But you can sleep at night because it isn't like the dog is left for good in there...

BFP 01/05/2013. EDD 09/18/2013. Low Progesterone. Gestational Diabetes. Rh Negative. Baby Ky-Mani born 100% healthy 09/17/2013. TTC#2 12/2013. BFP 02/01/2014! "Baby RaggaMuffin" due 10/07/2014.

• It sounds like these people don't give two shits about this dog so I really doubt they will be too torn up about it going to the pound. Hopefully he can get adopted instead of euthanized. I would tell your neighbors that the next time you see him in your yard, you'll be calling animal control. At least you've warned them.
    **Baby #3 is on the way!**
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • TKtravelsTKtravels member
    edited August 2013
    calling animal control without first really seriously addressing it with the family is pretty douchey, IMO. 
    I think you owe them a "one last shot" before calling animal control. That's serious business... go over there, say you're becoming frustrated, worried about safety and cleanliness, and if it happens again, you're going to have to call
    I too would try to do give it another shot before calling animal control.  Have you (not YH) actually been able to talk with an adult at the neighbor's house?

I might even go so far as to send them a certified letter stating that I live at such and such address, and that on dates X, Y, and Z, their dog tore through my trash, and that on those dates, we had returned the dog only to see it be let out again, that it's getting old, and that if it happens again, animal control is going to be called.  

I say this because I try to cover my ass, and because I would be devastated if something happened to my cats, especially as a result of someone not communicating directly with me.  I don't mean to insinuate that you're not being direct.. I just worry that maybe the kid couldn't care less and the parents aren't fully getting the message.    

BFP #1 26May12 - EDD 27Jan13 - DX blighted ovum 12Jul12 - M/C 2Aug12 
    BFP #2 13Jan13 - EDD 22Sep13 - DD born 20Sep2013!
    BFP #3 23Jul15 - EDD 1Apr16 - 
    I agree with this x100. I actually think you owe it to the dog more than to the owners at this point, since they seem to not care much. Obviously the happy ending to calling animal control is a new caring home for the dog, but unfortunately there is a dark alternative to that situation. 

I would try one more time, and make sure to speak with an adult. Hopefully they care enough for the poor dog to keep an eye on it from now on.  Hopefully. 
    Hazel 7/08  -  Genevieve 8/09  -  Wesley 9/13
  • Poor dog! No wonder he was going through people's trash cans. He was hungry! Your neighbors seriously suck. 

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• Update: today is trash day so most people had their trash out on the curb. Not a single one of us was spared! My neighbors to my left took the dog to the "owners" and they said its not their dog anymore. Animal control was called and fined them because he was still registered to them. They have not feed him so they were fines for animal abuse. However I am still getting a big heavy duty trash can. Oh the dog is being taken to a no kill shelter.

Thank goodness it is being taken somewhere and has a chance at a good home! How absolutely ridiculous, those people are disgusting for abandoning that poor dog and not feeding it. At least you and your other neighbors don't have to keep dealing with this but that's just heartbreaking, I'm glad they are getting fined.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"