Cloth Diapering

~~~Epic Fails & Cocktails~~~

I haven't done this one in awhile!  Who's got something to share? Anyone? Anyone?

Re: ~~~Epic Fails & Cocktails~~~

• I don't have any fails to share, so I'll just use this post to be an AW, LOL.  DS has been waking up only once a night!  This is amazing for me!  I feel like a new woman! In other news...I added a significant amount of dairy back into my diet and DS seems totally fine with it.  Woot! I have been reunited with cheese. Today, I gave DS some real dairy yogurt so we'll see how that goes.  My fingers are crossed.
  • I don't have any fails to share, so I'll just use this post to be an AW, LOL.  DS has been waking up only once a night!  This is amazing for me!  I feel like a new woman! In other news...I added a significant amount of dairy back into my diet and DS seems totally fine with it.  Woot! I have been reunited with cheese. Today, I gave DS some real dairy yogurt so we'll see how that goes.  My fingers are crossed.
    Oh my goodness, I'm SO JEALOUS! DS has recently decided that he is only capable of sleeping 30 minutes to an hour an a half at a time. I'm SO EXHAUSTED! 
    I don't think I have any real fails to share today... I did pick DS up from his (new) daycare the other day, and he was completely soaked (he was in a high chair, so I'm pretty sure it had just happened and they didn't realize it). When I took off his pants, he was in a FB, but they'd only used one snap on each side, so the wings had drooped completely out. He might as well not have been wearing a diaper for all the good it was doing! That little incident cemented my validation for buying more fluff, though... I mean, clearly the DC needs aplix!
    London Eye 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats on the whole sleeping longer. That was the best feeling in the world when I could go back to sleeping longer periods.

I don't know how I would function without cheese in my life. I'd probably miss it more than wine during pregnancy.

No major fails this week. But I've been sewing like a mad woman trying to get all my bamboo inserts done. This only makes me regret buying so many pockets. But I'll be happy to ditch the microfiber.
    Oh my goodness, I'm SO JEALOUS! DS has recently decided that he is only capable of sleeping 30 minutes to an hour an a half at a time. I'm SO EXHAUSTED! 
    I don't think I have any real fails to share today... I did pick DS up from his (new) daycare the other day, and he was completely soaked (he was in a high chair, so I'm pretty sure it had just happened and they didn't realize it). When I took off his pants, he was in a FB, but they'd only used one snap on each side, so the wings had drooped completely out. He might as well not have been wearing a diaper for all the good it was doing! That little incident cemented my validation for buying more fluff, though... I mean, clearly the DC needs aplix!
    Oh man.  I really feel for you.  I've been there.  It makes it so much worse when you have a one year old and everyone's like "Oh, he must be sleeping through the night by now. Do you have any weekend getaways planned?" I wish.  My DS never took a bottle so every wake-up was all me.  I wanted to strangle everyone who said I should just drop him off at grandma's overnight, like it was so easy. If it makes you feel better, DS's sleeping has improved dramatically just in the last month, so there's hope for you!
    Oh man.  I really feel for you.  I've been there.  It makes it so much worse when you have a one year old and everyone's like "Oh, he must be sleeping through the night by now. Do you have any weekend getaways planned?" I wish.  My DS never took a bottle so every wake-up was all me.  I wanted to strangle everyone who said I should just drop him off at grandma's overnight, like it was so easy. If it makes you feel better, DS's sleeping has improved dramatically just in the last month, so there's hope for you!
    Oh my gosh, this! Why is it that people think he'll sleep anywhere if he sleeps okay at home?! I have been blessed with a decent sleeper for a few months now (at least for night time), but our vacation was almost ruined b/c of how awful he slept away from home.

• Dd gave us a humorous fail of sorts when she asked what does Watson have to do with Sherlock Holmes. Since she is a criminal justice major in college and a bookworm we sorta ordered her to read one or more of the books.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • TJ1979TJ1979 member
    Not cd related, but I have a parenting fail. Apparently LO vomited in her crib last night and slept in it. Never even cried. MH got her up and dressed her, and put her in my car to go to DC. When I got to DC and pulled her out, apparently he didn't even try to clean her up. She had dried vomit in her hair y'all. All I could do was take a baby wipe to it and hope no one noticed. Um, ew!
    I guess I'm the first one thinking cocktails! Have you guys heard of rumchata? It's a cream rum that tastes like cinnamon toast crunch cereal. And Stoney, congrats on getting some dairy back in your diet, now you can try this!
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • DS has started to fit into OS... Well he should have the waist all the way snapped or just one row showing. Well.. I left two rows showing on a BGE and we were getting ready to bf, he's side laying on the boppy and starts to grunt / fuss which usually happens before he eats. Well he pooped normal. NOT NORMAL, the warm EBF poop coming out the side of his diaper down the boppy onto my legs and the couch.
    I sat there for a few seconds in shock not knowing where to begin cleaning the mess. Not to mentioned I had a crying hungry baby to deal with!!
  • I had a near fail today. DS apparently didn't drink enough water this morning, so his first poo was just a handful of pebbles. As I dumped them into the toilet, I turned the diaper the wrong way, and one poo pebble rolled inside the pocket, between the PUL and lining. It took much jiggling and shaking to get the thing out without smashing, but I finally managed. Blech.

• Auki13Auki13 member
    TJ1979 said:
    Not cd related, but I have a parenting fail. Apparently LO vomited in her crib last night and slept in it. Never even cried. MH got her up and dressed her, and put her in my car to go to DC. When I got to DC and pulled her out, apparently he didn't even try to clean her up. She had dried vomit in her hair y'all. All I could do was take a baby wipe to it and hope no one noticed. Um, ew! I guess I'm the first one thinking cocktails! Have you guys heard of rumchata? It's a cream rum that tastes like cinnamon toast crunch cereal. And Stoney, congrats on getting some dairy back in your diet, now you can try this!
    Yes, those are amazing!

First epic fail post!!!
    We recently started BLW with my son and his pooing schedule has been totally off.  Well at one point he went 6 days without going!  I was in the shower and all I hear is yelling from downstairs.  I run out and look downstairs and see my husband dry heaving while trying to pick up our son who looked like a volcano erupting from the front of the diper, back, and out both legs.  My carpet is permanently stained and I seriously contemplated dumping his whole outfit (including the dipe), but I managed to clean up.  Needless to say DS must have felt much better after that and slept like an angel the rest of the day...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • TJ1979TJ1979 member
    Oh! I have another one! Can I go again?

We were in New Orleans for a family reunion. We went to a fancy restaurant for dinner, and of course LO pooped on the way. Mh tried to change her poo diaper in the front seat of the truck in the parking lot of said fancy restaurant. The poop was a highly ploppable nugget that rolled out of the diaper, into the seat, then onto the floor! Mh freaked and knocked it out of the truck into the parking lot then just sort of kicked it to the curb hoping no one would step on it. That was a first.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • TJ1979 said:
    Oh! I have another one! Can I go again? We were in New Orleans for a family reunion. We went to a fancy restaurant for dinner, and of course LO pooped on the way. Mh tried to change her poo diaper in the front seat of the truck in the parking lot of said fancy restaurant. The poop was a highly ploppable nugget that rolled out of the diaper, into the seat, then onto the floor! Mh freaked and knocked it out of the truck into the parking lot then just sort of kicked it to the curb hoping no one would step on it. That was a first.

Glad I looked at this thread again. This totally sounds like something my husband would do. And then walk away like nothing happened.
  • I've read here a few times in the past about people accidentally spraying themselves or the bathroom. Earlier this week, I was setting up my new BG sprayer and scoffed to myself, this is so easy, the spraying side is black.

Not five minutes later, I sprayed myself in the face. Smited!

Cocktail: "the Venetian Summer" gin, elderflower liquor, seltzer, and lavender-infused simple syrup. YUM.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ObLaDi said:

I've read here a few times in the past about people accidentally spraying themselves or the bathroom. Earlier this week, I was setting up my new BG sprayer and scoffed to myself, this is so easy, the spraying side is black.

Not five minutes later, I sprayed myself in the face. Smited!

Cocktail: "the Venetian Summer" gin, elderflower liquor, seltzer, and lavender-infused simple syrup. YUM.

Want that cocktail! All I need is the lavender.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"