August 2013 Moms

Fielding phone calls..

They have started for me, finally. I knew it would only be a matter of time, but I've officially received my first "is baby here yet?!" call. UGH.
From my bio-dad, no less! Why do you care, sir? I'll call you when she's here! I don't need to play 20 questions of labor signs with you while I'm trying to get my car seat checked! BLAH!

imageimageimageimage

Re: Fielding phone calls..

• Ugh, I've stopped calling people and answering the phone. It's ridiculous! And I love your Shaun of the Dead gif!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thankfully I have not had to deal with any "Is he here yet?" calls or FB messages.  Now I'm knocking on wood that I did not just jinx myself...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • So annoying. I've made it clear that nobody is getting any updates until he's born and ready for visitors, but the in laws still ask every day if I had an appointment, how it went and if I'm dilated (WTF?). If I'm not calling you until Austin is here, then why the fluck do you think I'm going to tell you about my progress???

• My sister is the only one answering the phone saying "in labor yet?!". It was funny the first few times now I don't want to call.
  • Yikes! No calls or messages for me yet.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• I'm with you... As well as the FB posts. No. I haven't had her. Please come check my cervix or purple butt crack to tell me how far away it is or isn't.
    Love it! When these calls/messages start coming in I think my response with just be "Check my crack!"
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Ive gotten calls, texts, FB messages, etc. My least favorite is when the ILs ask "so what did the dr say at your appt?" I want to say "that the baby is still in there." What am I supposed to say? "My cervix is dilated 2.5 cm and Im 80% effaced FIL". I need to keep notes on how to not be a crazy IL in the future.

• Nothing yet thank god, but every time I see my mom she ask me how far dilated I am. How many time do I have to tell her my office doesn't check if your having a csection unless you request it.
    Married 2006
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2013
    DD1 2016
  • I get texts & Facebook messages everyday. It's giving me anxiety he's not even due till tomorrow. You would think he was already days late
  • My mom is the same way. Every day she calls me up and asks if I'm in labor... We've decided not to tell anyone until our little guy is here, but somehow she thinks she's going to be in the delivery room with us...
  • The only reason my phone is still on is for Candy Crush. So sick of the calls and texts. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm not getting calls or anything but my damn nosey neighbor is driving me NUTS! As I was walking out to my car this morning to leave for work she came damn near running out her house and waving me down. She came and asked if I had had the baby yet....um....giant belly here! NO! then she asked if I was headed to the hospital...she seemed shocked when I said no, I was going to work. (I told her just yesterday I still have 3 weeks to go)
  • I started getting them today as well. Three in a row in fact. Didn't really bother me except the one friend's reaction to "baby is still in there" was "ugh, she's holding out!"- uhm no, she's not due for 8 more days, and you have no right to be impatient for my baby- which you might see once every few months anyway, so shutthefluckup! :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ughhhhh.....my least favorite question is when my FIL asks EVERY time I see him if my due date is still the same. And I tell him every time that at this point it's NOT going to change. He might come earlier or later but the Dr can't predict that. It's SO annoying!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • +MrsV+ said:
    Ughhhhh.....my least favorite question is when my FIL asks EVERY time I see him if my due date is still the same. And I tell him every time that at this point it's NOT going to change. He might come earlier or later but the Dr can't predict that. It's SO annoying!

This lady at work is convinced ill go early and was telling me how the dr's due date can be off. I explained to her I went through iui so my due date is actually accurate. She just dismissed than nugget and informed me they are still off all the time. No lady....I can actually narrow it down to a 24 hour period!! Lol
  • I called my sister today and she answered with "are you in labor?" She lives two states away so when I start to labor I doubt I'll call her. I was like no, the she isn't due for a week and I still have work, relax. Luckily she is the only one so far but once MIL gets here it is all over I am sure.

• They are driving me crazy. I'm letting DH answer all the phone calls... Especially his mother, who calls every other night. Soon we're adopting a new policy, telling everyone, "yeah, we had the baby 3 weeks ago, we just didn't call YOU."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"