1st Trimester

Natural Products

cnomackcnomack member
edited July 2013 in 1st Trimester
Can anyone recommend brands of toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, sunscreen, face wash, moisturizer, etc... that are safe to use during pregnancy? 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Natural Products

• cnomackcnomack member
    edited July 2013
  • lrj85lrj85 member
    Coconut oil mixed with some sugar and tea tree oil works as a face wash and moisturizer and acne treatment. I make all my own soaps, shampoos and  bath products so they have no chemicals in them at all!
  • Loading the player...
  • lrj85lrj85 member
    ok maybe I should have specified no synthetic chemical compounds/sulfates or gross fillers. Sorry I wasnt specific enough in my answer wasnt writing a science paper. What is your deal?
  • That face wash sounds amazing! I'll have to try it; I've been having issues with really dry skin lately. :(
    "If every husband and every wife would constantly do whatever might be possible to ensure the comfort and happiness of his or her companion, there would be very little, if any, divorce. Argument would never be heard. Accusations would never be leveled. Angry explosions would not occur. Rather, love and concern would replace abuse and meanness." --Gordon B. Hinckley
  • If you're trying to go organic, Tom's of Maine is good for toothpaste and deoderant. I like BigSexyHair shampoo because it's free of dyes, parabens, sulfates, and gluten. It has really helped with scalp dryness, and smells like gummi bears! :)
    "If every husband and every wife would constantly do whatever might be possible to ensure the comfort and happiness of his or her companion, there would be very little, if any, divorce. Argument would never be heard. Accusations would never be leveled. Angry explosions would not occur. Rather, love and concern would replace abuse and meanness." --Gordon B. Hinckley
  • lrj85lrj85 member
    We make all our own stuff but I do like tom's. I also make all my own cleaning products. Love pintrest for trading ideas on that kind of stuff. This forum apparently attacks anything lol
  • lrj85lrj85 member
    Savvy- I have found many of those companies still use sulfates and alcohol in their products. The claim "all natural" isn't a regulated term so any company can use it. I have found to truly have toxin free products is to not buy them mass market but to each their own not trying to offend anyone (have to be super careful with the way you word an opinion around here)
  • Thanks for all the answers!

• I use Suzanne Somers face and body care. It is an all natural & organic, certified non-toxic product line. I check the ingredients to make sure there is nothing in there I can't pronounce LOL! I've used them throughout both of my pregnancies and love her stuff. She has her own website that sells it or you can get it from shopNBC too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • One of my favorite websites for cheap natural products is vitacost.com.  I have celiacs so I order a lot of gluten free stuff from there.
  • I use the Honest Company stuff.  I take their prenatals, use their house cleaners and lotions.  Lots of good stuff.  
  • www.ewg.org has a skin deep database that is helpful when selecting new products.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm not really sure if its just marketed as natural or it really is, but I like yes to carrots.
  • +1 to the vitacost.com suggestion - GREAT website!  i just placed yet another order there about an hour ago, in fact :)

+1 million to www.ewg.org/skindeep - best website EVER for evaluation the ingredients in beauty products.  i literally never try a new skin product before running it through their database first.  my personal goal is to keep all of my products in the 0-2 rating zone, but sometimes depending on the product, i have to get a 3 here and there.
  • Wow! EWG is a great resource.  Thanks again!  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"