September 2012 Moms

:HMP:

I think you told me that James didn't eat table food until a year? I might have this wrong. Were you worried? E wants table food, but can't swallow it. I was thinking it was his teeth, but now I really think he might have a problem with swallowing foods.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

Re: :HMP:

• @HMP1, tagging you.

• hmp1hmp1 member
    James was an awesome eater, Leo is the one that has been struggling. Leo wouldn't eat purees until 8ish months. He is doing better with table foods now except he still drops a lot out of his mouth. He does best when I give him one small piece at a time. If I give him a dozen pieces of food on his tray, he will try to shovel it all into his mouth and miss all of it. Or drop it out of his mouth as he tries to put more into his mouth. I don't have high hopes for his hand eye coordination :)

How does Ethan do if you put one pea in his mouth for him? Will he gum it and swallow it?

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Loading the player...
  • Sorry! I thought it was James.

Ethan hates peas!  I've tried raspberries and blueberries cut in half, but he chokes on the blueberry skin and gags with the raspberries. I cut them in 1/2 and try to peel them (which is incredibly hard to do, btw!) I've been trying small pieces. I've tried small pieces of mashed banana and he chokes. he does fine with puffs and baby mum mums, though. I'm not sure if he's still not ready or he has a swallowing problem.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"