1st Trimester

GAINING WEIGHT..

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I had my 4th OB visit, I am almost 11weeks and I saw my baby move :) It's sooooo surreal! I cried of happiness!. I need to know What i can do to gain weight. I have had my morning sickness but it depends on the days. Sometimes I wake up great and there's times I wake up really sick. I have been throwing up before but it's been two days I haven't. So I told my OB that and he says it's understandable but that I need to gain a little bit of weight. I am 118lbs. He also told me not to worry about eating hot foods. He said as long as I eat cheese, apples, bananas, grapes, and cold , healthy snacks that I should be fine. Any ideas on how I can gain at least 2 lbs? I am scared that I am not eating right. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

God bless <3

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GAINING WEIGHT..

• Buy some Ensure milkshakes. It will give you extra calories.
    Rainbow Baby born 12/14/13

• Try nuts, seeds, avocado...
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies  :D :-j

• ceh789ceh789 member
    Cashews have a lot of good stuff (good fats, protein, iron), and I find that the salty taste helps nausea.
  • I don't understand why you need to gain weight (unless you are 7 feet tall and grossly underweight). Have you been losing weight? Losing a few pounds in first tri is normal. It's also normal not to gain anything in the first tri and beyond. If you're eating yogurt and other dairy (milk, cheese) make sure it is full fat. A lot of yogurt is 0% - check the label. Add butter (not margarine) to your steamed veggies or other foods. Avocado, nuts and seeds are good. Add healthy oils (olive, coconut) to cooking and salads. 

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• I weigh 118 and no, I am not losing weight, I was 119 then back to 118 so the doctor wants to see me in a week from now to see if at least I gained 1lb. He said it was ok that i wasn't gaining but im not sure why he wants me to gain now specially when i get nauseous.

• I agree with @RayRay007. Women gain weight at different paces and gain totally varying amounts during pregnancy. Trust me, you WILL gain weight eventually and your baby is getting what he/she needs as long as you aren't trying to diet or something bogus like that. Personally, I just ask my doctor if I'm in the healthy range, and if so, I don't need to know a number. Keeps me from worrying about something I can't control at this point in my life.
    image   image   imageimage
    William Lawrence 5.18.11
    #2 Due 4.4.14

• I had a dr. once that would only prescribe me bc pills 2 months at a time so I had to keep going back... so she could keep billing insurance for the visits. This reeks of that. FWIW, I lost 5 lbs right away with DD and didn't start gaining anything until after 15 weeks. It's totally fine. I would politely decline to go back next week. 

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• At 11 weeks, I wouldn't even worry about the weight gain and ask your dr. exactly why this concerns him. You sound "normal" sick pregnant, not extreme, which would be a whole another matter.

In my previous pregnancies I didn't gain weight until well into 2nd tri and I more than made up for it after that. :) This one seems to be headed the same way.

• I agree. I don't know why he is pushing you to gain weight this early in your pregnancy. Especially if you are a healthy normal weight to begin with. And really, 2 lbs?!! My weight fluctuates that much between breakfast and lunch!  I would just relax and let your body do what it's supposed to do. Stressing about what amounts to a big cheeseburger is probably going to do your body more harm than losing or gaining  one measly pound!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"