July 2013 Moms

Holy moly was labor hard!

Hi ladies, I haven't even been able to lurk the past few days. Congrats to all the new mamas! My own precious babe was born on the afternoon of the 27th, one day after his due date. Some may remember I had posted a few days before that about a shocking ultrasound I had where I found out my baby was a boy instead of a girl. The feelings I felt then seem so distant and unfamiliar now cause he's not my little boy nor girl...just mine mine mine! I have to say that childbirth itself was traumatizingly difficult. I have a high tolerance for pain and never doubted or feared natural birth but I sure do now. I stuck to my birth plan of laboring mostly at home for 2 days but for the last 6 hours or so the contractions were excrutiating and often longer than 2 minutes. Next time I would not stay at home so long cause the car ride to the hospital, walk up to maternity, check in, and triage were torture with multiple stops for contractions. I think I wasn't taken that seriously because I am a silent sufferer and even though I said I needed to push they took their sweet time going through the motions and questions. Only when the triage nurse checked and saw I was fully dilated did they stop and wheel me to the delivery room. Thomas came screaming into the world 30 minutes later at 6 lbs 13 oz and 20 inches. The nurses kept saying I was a pro and should teach a class on how to labor but in my head I was thinking I couldn't believe what I'd just been through and how I didn't think I could ever do it again! I'm talking strictly about the pain; I am incredibly thankful for the "easy" labor and that there were no complications. Thomas is a beautiful, fiery spitball. He is an extremely voracious eater, already back at birth weight at 4 days old and my boobs are crying for mercy. Also I don't think I've slept more than a 30 minute stretch since but overall I am still riding an incredible high. I thought I prepared myself well but nothing could've taught me this feeling. Every day he seems a little different from the day before and I miss my yesterday baby as much as I love today's baby. I'm sure this sappy feeling will fade some but I'm already wondering if I can stick to the plan of going back to work. Hope everyone is doing well with their inside and outside babies, and that I can soon have some time to do anything other than breast feed so I can check in more frequently!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Holy moly was labor hard!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"