High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

NBR: gift for DH

Where do I turn to for all my advice lately...you fab ladies of course! I'm looking for ideas on a gift to get my DH for being so damn awesome. Nothing crazy or expensive. I was thinking something I could order online and send to the house as a surprise. Just a way to remind him I am thinking of him and so very appreciative of all his hard work.

Re: NBR: gift for DH

• Options
    My husband would be thrilled with a new pair of basketball shorts or a tshirt with his favorite team on it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    After this, I went ahead and ordered both a tshirt and some shorts. haha

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If he has a favorite hobby, maybe something related to that? I didn't end up buying something for my DH, but I insisted that he go hang out with his buddies for a day or two so they could do guy stuff. I arranged for friends to be here with me and DD so he wouldn't feel guilty or worried. Three months of BR with him working 60hrs/wk and using all his free time taking care of us without complaining, he definitely deserved and needed a few days for himself. I almost had to break BR and shove him out the door, but he was very happy he went afterwards.
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • Options
    If he has a favorite hobby, maybe something related to that? I didn't end up buying something for my DH, but I insisted that he go hang out with his buddies for a day or two so they could do guy stuff. I arranged for friends to be here with me and DD so he wouldn't feel guilty or worried. Three months of BR with him working 60hrs/wk and using all his free time taking care of us without complaining, he definitely deserved and needed a few days for himself. I almost had to break BR and shove him out the door, but he was very happy he went afterwards.

I send DH out with BIL randomly and my Sister comes over to hang out with my DS.  We're lucky to have such a supportive family to do this!  It sucks to be on bed rest, but the support team really takes the hit.  Way to go, @Wallace323 !

• Options
    Excellent advice.
    Wallace- I can assure you your partner is very grateful for all your doing but speaking from her side it can be so hard to see outside of our beds right. Constant fear and doubt consume our minds. I'm sure after your LOs are here she will repay the favor tenfold.

I order the wackiest thing I could think, I've been joking about those "worlds greatest dads" tshirts and mugs and yeah I ordered those. Haha. Lame but cute, right?

Just remember all to appreciate those SO helping us right now. Moms, dads, sisters and so on!
  • Options
    @Throw3ks Totally NOT lame! He' doing a lot for his baby before it's even seen the light of day!

• Options
    I love my H but he's kind of a lame duck. Doesn't like going out with his buddies unless I practically force him. Not much of a drinker and only likes football. Lol. He limited me.
  • Options
    I got my fiancé a nice bottle of gin on the way home from our doctors appointment ( well he walked in and got it with my card haha), since he's given up any kind of social drinking this entire time during bed rest. Our anniversary is coming up and I designed him a custom card on treat.com just to remind him that I actually wore things besides sweats!
  • Options
    He's getting two baby girls ;-) 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Throw3ks said:
    Where do I turn to for all my advice lately...you fab ladies of course! I'm looking for ideas on a gift to get my DH for being so damn awesome. Nothing crazy or expensive. I was thinking something I could order online and send to the house as a surprise. Just a way to remind him I am thinking of him and so very appreciative of all his hard work.
    This is definitely very thoughtful! I see you've already ordered something, but I wanted to share that I also got my husband the first and second season of The Walking Dead Blue Ray DVDs. He's obsessed with that show! 
     Mama to Baby K. born @25wks due to pProm/PTL. Forever in Our Hearts. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"