Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

toddler constantly ON TOP OF ME!

If I am sitting down- my son is climbing me, straddling me, trying to get IN MY FACE and he likes to try to get as HIGH as possible- like he will literally climb up the back of the couch to lay behind my head(like a cat does)...It's really annoying and normally I could simply say "no" and put him on the ground like my husband does, but now that I'm so uncomfortably pregnant I don't have the capability to grab him from behind me, or keep him off my belly- I have to get up EVERY time and it is seriously every time I sit down...even on a bed or on the floor!  What can I do?!?

Re: toddler constantly ON TOP OF ME!

• Make sure he doesn't get any attention for it... that means good or bad. Have you ever trained a dog not to jump up? You keep turning away until they sit down.

Every time your son tries to climb on you I would just get up and walk away. Not so easy when you're pregnant I'm sure but it won't take long.

DS did the same thing to me and it only took a few days for him to figure out that he can't climb on me. To be honest he really figured it out when we were sitting on the floor and I stood up without moving him, meaning he fell off.
  • Lol.  I will try that!  I bet we sound really mean to those parents who don't spank or people who don't have kids but seriously this is something I CAN'T deal with and we aren't around other people very often- but when we are he does it to them too!  That's unacceptable!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a woman at the grocery come up to me and tell me that change is scary but that no woman deserves to be treated like that. Lmfao I've been so covered in bruises strangers thought I was being beat.
  • Also, that Really needs to be resolved before the baby comes.
  • omg!  oh and yes we need to figure something out because I can't be breastfeeding or even bottle feeding a tiny newborn and have this kid crawling on us
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"