December 2013 Moms

Crafty crafty!

Nesting is hitting me pretty hard. It's kind of cool in a way, I'm doing things I have never tried before. I attempted my hand at sowing and made a crib skirt and decorative pillows, refinished & distressed a dresser, and I'm most proud of my baby rain cloud mobile that turned out adorable! Are you moms getting all domestic? Please share....

Pregnancy Ticker

Hot Dog Hamburger photo hotdog.jpg

Re: Crafty crafty!

• Wow, great job!  I particularly love the mobile.  :)  You are making me feel extremely lazy though, because I have done absolutely nothing yet!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Nesting is hitting me pretty hard. It's kind of cool in a way, I'm doing things I have never tried before. I attempted my hand at sowing and made a crib skirt and decorative pillows, refinished & distressed a dresser, and I'm most proud of my baby rain cloud mobile that turned out adorable! Are you moms getting all domestic? Please share....
    THAT IS A KICK*SS MOBILE!  LOVE IT! 
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • Laumb11 that is awesome! I love all the little sea creachers!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Laumb11 said:
    That mobile is awesome! I'm attempting a mobile and just made the little animals. Trying to find drift wood but michaels and hobby lobby don't have it :/
    Oh my gosh, that is adorable!  The sea turtle is killing me.  I love felted wool.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @growninoregon

Love your mobile! Did you use a template or example or did you come up with the idea?
  • @boothbaby @growninoregon
    Thank you! Going to do an under the sea theme. I love sea turtles!

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I saw one kind of like it on etsy, but didn't want to spend $100. So I picked up a few supplies at Joann's. It still ended up costing me around $50 because I didn't shop everything on sale, and the crystals were expensive. You could probably go with plastic beads and cut the cost.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Nesting is hitting me pretty hard. It's kind of cool in a way, I'm doing things I have never tried before. I attempted my hand at sowing and made a crib skirt and decorative pillows, refinished & distressed a dresser, and I'm most proud of my baby rain cloud mobile that turned out adorable! Are you moms getting all domestic? Please share....

THAT IS A KICK*SS MOBILE!  LOVE IT! 

Ditto!

Mom+Dad+Josie+May 2015=2 under 2!!!!  

• I love your mobile & bed skirt!  I wish I had the time to do anything like this.

Question: on the mobile, are those strands pre-made or did you thread through them with a string?  It is so pretty, but I'd be a little concerned about LO getting hands on it & one of them becoming a choking hazzard- yikes! I've seen chandeliers & lamps with similar beads & they are so pretty I'd love to wrk them into our nursery if we have a girl!

My 2 December boys

• Laumb11 said:
    That mobile is awesome! I'm attempting a mobile and just made the little animals. Trying to find drift wood but michaels and hobby lobby don't have it :/

Those animals are adorable!!! Great job!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• edited July 2013
    @growninoregon your awesome! Your super crafty, I need to look into making some things for my baby..I think the crib skirt is adorable! @laumb11, those are amazing! Did you just make them free hand? I could never do something so cute!

My sweet girl Lilijana Jane 12/16/13
    View Full Size Image 
  • MBMO2 said:

@growninoregon your awesome! Your super crafty, I need to look into making some things for my baby..I think the crib skirt is adorable! @laumb11, those are amazing! Did you just make them free hand? I could never do something so cute!

Thanks! I saw a picture online so I tried to look at it and copy them! But yes free hand.

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I made the strands with line, beads and clamps. I have it higher then a mobile would usually go above the crib. Way out of reach from little hands. I also double secured ends and tested it. I couldn't pull them apart with my bare hands.

Pregnancy Ticker

• This has motivated me to make my own mobile! LO's nursery is safari themed. Need ideas.
    imageimage

• @soozerella you are so right!! Thank you!

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"