July 2013 Moms
Options

Overdue and Over It Check In ~ 7/31

aehamilton13aehamilton13 member
edited July 2013 in July 2013 Moms
Well, we all should be due or overdue now! Haha

1. How far alone are you now?

2. Any upcoming or recent appointments?

3. Anything you'd like to share, talk about, vent about?

4. QOTD: What are your hobbies?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
imageimage

Re: Overdue and Over It Check In ~ 7/31

• Options
    Well, we all should be due or overdue now! Haha

1. How far alone are you now? 41 weeks, 1 day

2. Any upcoming or recent appointments? At the hospital now for my second dose of prostin gel. I got my first dose yesterday at 4, which did start some uncomfortable and regular contractions, but they stopped through the night. Back this morning at 9, and my cervix is actually less favorable than yesterday. Yes, you read that right... I'm officially moving backwards... Yay... So, more gel, get sent home and back at 3 for another assessment and possibly more gel. Then, I'm not sure.

3. Anything you'd like to share, talk about, vent about? This has been one of the most frustrating experiences of my life. I'm really upset. My MIL had a stillbirth, so that's weighing on my mind, as I know the risks of stillbirth doubles at 42 weeks. I just want him here and safe.

4. QOTD: What are your hobbies? Exercise, knitting, and dance.

imageimage
  • Options
    fabkfabk member
    41 weeks 1 day
    Appt this morning. We will do more membrane stripping and hopeful convince the dr to break my water here on Friday and planned induction at bigger hospital Saturday if it doesn't work.
    I was and am still exhausted. Yesterday was hard on both me and mh. He is really worried about me at this point. I don't think he slept at all last night. We both want this to happennaturally but it doesn't look promising.
    I have way too many hobbies! Sewing, knitting, baking, READING, gardening, biking, kayaking and a number of outdoorsy pursuits.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Butting in to say good luck and I hope some of our July mamas get Harry Potter birthdays for their LOs!
  • Options

Due today!! I get to join the thread!

40w appt today!

I've been trying acupuncture for induction. It doesn't hurt at all, and I even fell asleep on the table yesterday!

Knitting, chasing my son, photography

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickersimage
  • Options
    fabkfabk member
    EagleWife said:

Butting in to say good luck and I hope some of our July mamas get Harry Potter birthdays for their LOs!

I said from the very beginning if the babe came today mh has to go to the local pharmacy and get the Harry Potter Happy Birthday balloon!
  • Options
    alexandra1818alexandra1818 member
    edited July 2013
    1. How far alone are you now? 40 Weeks: due today!  Woohoo!

Had my MFM appointment yesterday, and things didn't go so great... Baby got a 4/8 on the BPP, so I got put on the induction list.  Did a repeat ultrasound today and she got an 8/8, though just barely.  That means that I'm still on the induction list, but at least I didn't get moved up to being admitted right away!  So, looks like baby's coming in the next couple of days, whether she wants to or not!  Got a stretch and sweep yesterday too, and measured 1cm... and have had absolutely zero contractions at all since.  So, looking like it'll be an induction, not a spontaneous birth for me.

ETA: she's measuring 9.5lbs already!  Yikes!

We're not telling either set of parents that I'm going to be induced... because MIL was an L&D nurse, and I'd rather not hear any of her horror stories.  And no, I don't feel guilty about not sharing that info at all.

Reading!  Just about anything I can get my hands on! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    1. 40 weeks + 1 day
    2. Next appointment is on Friday with the midwife. I'm hoping ill have to cancel due to being busy giving birth!
    3. Everyone keeps calling me to see if he has arrived...I just feel like saying "oh yeah like a couple of days ago, I forgot to mention..." I am bored to no end at home! Maybe I should make plans and then of course he will come haha
    4. Crafts, learning new languages and cooking!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    1. How far alone are you now? 40w 1d 

2. Any upcoming or recent appointments? Just went to the doc. My BP was high when I arrived and they had to recheck it after my appointment, thankfully it went down. I have a biophysical profile later today to make sure we have enough water in the fishbowl to keep cookin' LO. No change in the cervix for 2 weeks now, and she wouldn't strip my membranes again since I'm only 1 cm. :(

3. Anything you'd like to share, talk about, vent about? Yup, I posted this in one of the threads last night but WTF to all the August Moms coming over to July because they went early? I mean yes they have a July baby now, but that was their community. Now it is like this huge slap in the face for our overdue ladies that women due after us are posting on our board "I had my baby!" ...Good for you, I'll be over here hiding in my black hole of self pity...

4. QOTD: What are your hobbies? knitting/crocheting is probably my biggest hobby. I try to read when I can, and I enjoy video games (although those days are pretty much over. I've had Halo 4 sitting in my living room for months now STILL in the wrapper :-$ )

• Options
    3. Anything you'd like to share, talk about, vent about? This has been one of the most frustrating experiences of my life. I'm really upset. My MIL had a stillbirth, so that's weighing on my mind, as I know the risks of stillbirth doubles at 42 weeks. I just want him here and safe.
    Hugs, Mama.  >:D< You're at the end and the doctors won't let you do anything crazy at this point. I hope that gel really starts working some magic! C'mon, Baby; There's ICE CREAM on the outside!
  • Options
    Oh I forgot to mention in #3 - I miss all the drama lama that happens due to the different timezone here in Australia! Entertaining to read post drama still - just wish I could contribute.
  • Options

1. How far along are you now? 40 wks 4 days

2. Any upcoming or recent appointments? Today at 2:20

3. Anything you'd like to share, talk about, vent about? I think baby is laying wrong on a nerve or my bladder. Over last 3 days I have come to the point were I can barely walk and going to the potty to pee makes me cry bc it shoots pain thru my hips and back. It has stressed me out to no end.

4. QOTD: What are your hobbies? Love to read and be outside doing stuff

• Options

1. How far alone are you now? 40 weeks 6 days

2. Any upcoming or recent appointments? Had an appointment yesterday, doctor scheduled me for an induction tomorrow morning.

3. Anything you'd like to share, talk about, vent about? Still hoping she comes on her own! I have time right!?! LOL

4. QOTD: What are your hobbies? Anything and everything related to science, especially geology! Girly hobbies include shopping and spa days of course. I also love decorating my house and spending time with my pups. And of course anything involving friends and family, but I guess that's a given!

• Options

1. How far alone are you now? 40 weeks + 3 days
    2. Any upcoming or recent appointments? I have my regular weekly today at 3pm.

3. Anything you'd like to share, talk about, vent about? I was really hoping he'd arrive today to share a bday with his great-grandpa AND with the U.S. Customs Service (224th Anniversary today of this esteemed agency - and it's where I work! lol!)

4. QOTD: What are your hobbies? I love exercise, reading, some creative writing, going out with friends/going to parties and throwing parties.

TTC since September 2014

My Ovulation Chart 

• Options
    It would be most auspicious!

TTC since September 2014

My Ovulation Chart 

• Options
    I would just like to say two things:

1. I love to read, too.

2. The nurse at the hospital just told me "some women go to 44 weeks" naturally. I think my eyeballs fell out of my head. I would be begging for a section at that point. BEGGING!
    imageimage
  • Options
    1. How far alone are you now?  40w 5d

2. Any upcoming or recent appointments? I was a lousy 1cm dilated on Monday.  I go for a NST, fluid check and appt tomorrow morning

3. Anything you'd like to share, talk about, vent about? I feel bad for even complaining, in general I feel pretty good.  It could be so much worse - my swelling is gone, my kids are being really good, even though I don't feel like doing much.  I am just impatient and discouraged, hoping tomorrow shows some more progress.  I lost a piece of my mucus plug last night, which was encouraging

4. QOTD: What are your hobbies?  Working out, Eagles games, reading

Good luck to everyone!
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Options
    1. How far along are you now? 40w 6d

2. Any upcoming or recent appointments? 41 week check on Friday ... unless baby finally makes up his/her mind.

3. Anything you'd like to share, talk about, vent about? I'm so thankful for friends with young kiddos/babies who offer to keep me occupied without sending annoying texts asking if baby is here. And today is finally a sunny day! We've been having very unseasonably fall-like weather - not complaining about the temperature, but it's been pretty gloomy. Glad it feels like summer again!

4. QOTD: What are your hobbies? Graphic design, anything outside (bicycling, running, backpacking, canoeing, sailing, cross country skiing, ...), growing yummy veggies in our raised beds, etc etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options

1. How far alone are you now? 41 weeks tomorrow

2. Any upcoming or recent appointments? Friday. I will ask for an induction. 

3. Anything you'd like to share, talk about, vent about? I am over being up from 2am to 5am with time-able contractions that are uncomfortable but not agony. Then it tapers off. Not only am I not getting sleep but I am also not getting a baby in my arms. WTF. 

I love to read though I've not completed a book in a long time. 

I also love to eat, but I have to be good about it after DS arrives because I've gained more weight than I anticipated. So I will be adding working out to my list of hobbies. I love to travel, watch movies, visit museums and experience new things for fun. 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    @PrimRoseMama It was quiet this morning, I was really hoping you were the one of us who had escaped us and gone into labor. :( 
  • Options
    41 Weeks tomorrow. 

I have an appointment on friday hopefully I get some good news like, "oh hey your magically ready to just push this baby out right now here come on over to the delivery room." Since the chances of this are seemingly slim I will also be asking for an induction at this appointment. 

I am beyond irritated with everyone and everything. I'm tired of all the false alarms and people asking if I had the baby yet. I know my family means well but calling me every day asking if I am having my baby yet. I'm pretty sure I would call if something happened. 

Reading, video games, sewing, crocheting. Pretty much all I can do to stay busy. I am not used to not having something to do. 

imageimageimageimage  
    Anniversary

• Options

1. How far alone are you now? 40 weeks and 4 days

2. Any upcoming or recent appointments? OB-GYN appt today. Still at -5.... *sigh*

3. Anything you'd like to share, talk about, vent about? Well, it's my birthday today, so I'm not too unhappy the baby isn't coming today. Induction scheduled for next Tuesday if she's not coming out on her own. Good to have a date on the horizon.
    Vent: tingly fingertips are really, really, really annoying. Can't wait to have normal feeling in my fingers back after birth!

4. QOTD: What are your hobbies? Sewing, really. Let's see how much of that I'll get done when the baby gets here :)

Good luck to everyone!

The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Options
    fabkfabk member
    @aehamilton how did your second assessment go this afternoon? Were you more favourable than this morning?
  • Options
    Well, we all should be due or overdue now! Haha 1. How far alone are you now? 40+6 2. Any upcoming or recent appointments? Saturday morning I will have a check up and if nothing happens by the evening, at 8pm I will be admitted to the hospital and induced. 3. Anything you'd like to share, talk about, vent about? I hope my baby will decide to come out by herself and that she is healthy. Now I'm starting to freak out thinking of all what possibly could go wrong... 4. QOTD: What are your hobbies? Swimming... It's the only way I have left to move quite comfortably now!
  • Options
    I'd love to go for a swim! But alas it is winter... And the pool is outdoors.
  • Options

@PrimRoseMama It was quiet this morning, I was really hoping you were the one of us who had escaped us and gone into labor. :( 

Dude, me too!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"