March 2014 Moms

SSRIs?

Not looking for a lecture about depression meds or anything along those lines, just wondering if anyone else was on an antidepressant before becoming pregnant and what your plans are going forward.  I have gotten a lot of information from my doctors, but would love to hear from anyone else in the same boat. Thanks ladies!

Pregnancy Tickerimage

Re: SSRIs?

• I am on Paxil and plan to stay on it. Of note I also took it my entire pregnancy with my dtr. Benefits definitely outweigh the risk.
  • I was on wellbutrin, but my doc switched me to zoloft, as it's supposed to be the safest one for pregnancy.  I was doing really well with wellbutrin, so I'm a bit scared, as I'm not feeling great with zoloft right now.  But I'm gonna stick with it I think.  Not being on an anti-depressant is no longer an option for me, at least not at this point.  
    Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I was on 100 mg of zoloft when I found out I was pregnant. Since finding out, I've weaned off of it after talking to my dr. So far so good but if I feel like I go back to not being able to handle my anxiety I wouldn't hesitate to talk to my dr about starting back up on it.

Also, I did talk to my obgyn before trying to get pregnant and she said it was fine to continue taking it while trying to have a baby, etc.
  • I'm in 50mg Zoloft and staying on. My anxiety is vicious, im complewly crazy without it. I switched to taking it every other day, but my dr stated it has been notes as one of the safest SSRI's out there.
    No being able to take my Xanax has been difficult but gotta sacrifice for the nugget!
  • I take lexapro - I would love to go off it during pregnancy- and that's how I know it's working because whenever I'm feeling better I think I can go off my medication but my GP has said no more coming off of it even during pregnancy because each time my anxiety just gets worse then prior
  • I was taking Zolpft as well but weaned off. I have been ok so far but it's only been a week. I was just worried about any effects it would have on my baby so I chose to deal. Of anything therapy can always be an option. I am glad I am not the only thing going through this! Thanks ladies!
  • Thank you all so much for the responses! I am currently taking 50 mg of zoloft, and I have decided to stay on it also. I remember what everyday life was like before the zoloft, and I don't want this pregnancy to be like that! My doctors are all supportive of me staying on the zoloft, but it is nice to know I am not the only one!
    Pregnancy Tickerimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"