August 2012 Moms

I am going to have to be committed soon.

So, my child, who is usually VERY content and happy, has been an effing bear the past few days. BUT, only for me. He screams bloody murder, in my face, the whole time he is with me. I am starting to take it a little personally to be honest. Nothing works to calm him. not food, not formula or water, not toys, not motrin (he is teething), not nakey baby... NOTHING. I won't lie, I broke down a little bit yesterday. Then I gave up and went to IL's house-- he was perfectly fine. When we came back home with just me-- screaming bloody murder in my face again.

Guys, I really don't know what to do because all morning from when he woke up until his nap was the same thing. I honestly can't go a whole day like this, I will break. Any tips or ideas? Anyone going through similar that I can commiserate with? I just don't know what to do anymore...
imageimage

Re: I am going to have to be committed soon.

• I'm sorry you're having a rough time :-/ What if you go outside to play...is he upset then? My only thought is that maybe he wants a change of scenery. When Koa gets upset and fussy at me, we go outside and he's magically all better. GL!
  • I'm sorry you're having a rough time :-/ What if you go outside to play...is he upset then? My only thought is that maybe he wants a change of scenery. When Koa gets upset and fussy at me, we go outside and he's magically all better. GL!
    I would try this, but it has been sort of rainy and yuck all week, which doesn't help the situation, because I can't even try to get out for a walk or something with him...
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Its very common when there is a second child coming.  Its almost like they can sense the change. I have no advice except hang in there girl.  This too shall pass.  Remember he can't talk and crying is the only way he can express himself right now.  All we can do is try to meet his needs and if it doesn't work after that, just let him work it out.  Don't take it personally.

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Its very common when there is a second child coming.  Its almost like they can sense the change. I have no advice except hang in there girl.  This too shall pass.  Remember he can't talk and crying is the only way he can express himself right now.  All we can do is try to meet his needs and if it doesn't work after that, just let him work it out.  Don't take it personally.
    I was worried it might have something to do with him sensing the upcoming change. I will keep trying, it is just really hard to feel like I can't help my own kiddo.
    imageimage
    I would try this, but it has been sort of rainy and yuck all week, which doesn't help the situation, because I can't even try to get out for a walk or something with him...
    Ditto. I definitely think sometimes they just want out of the house. DS was a mess on Sunday, but fine when I took him to the indoor playground at the mall. Sometimes they need a distraction, I think.
  • Aww...I'm sorry to hear this. I wish you lived just a tinsy bit closer, I would totally take him for the day. That little munchkin is so dang adorable. I hope it's like everyone has already suggested, a combination of teething, needing a change of scenery and possibly sensing that a big change is coming. Like everyone else said, it won't last forever and in the meantime get whatever help you can. Don't take it personally. I've seen that little boy with you and I'm not sure there could be anything in the world he loves more than his Mama. Hang in there!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"