March 2014 Moms

holy cow, relief but slightly confused

Well, we had our 1st ultra sound today! We were so excited to see our little nugget. Based on my LMP (May 18) my due date was calculated as February 23..BUT the baby measured in today at 6 weeks 3 days, changing my EDD  to March 23...holy cow! I don't know how that is even possible but we saw a heartbeat so I guess I can just be happy with that right? I was so excited to be almost to the "safe" zone and be able to tell everyone. I don't know if I can hold out another 6 weeks! You think everything is ok since the dates are all out of whack? Should I be worried, or just have faith that all is well?

Re: holy cow, relief but slightly confused

• It sounds like you ovulated late, which would make calculating based off your LMP incorrect.  Dating it that way is only accurate if you ovulated on or very close to the textbook CD14.  When did you get your BFP?
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• How long are your cycles?  If they're usually a few months long, then it makes sense that you ovulated much later than you would if you have a 'normal' 28-day cycle.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I too was going to ask how long your cycles are. If you are almost a whole month off on your EDD, I would guess you have long cycles and ovulated a lot later then you thought.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I have the same LMP my cycles were 35 days. When I went in for my 8 week appt I was actually only 6 weeks. So my due date should have been the 23 of feb too but they moved me to march 3. So if your cycles were long it makes sense to move your due date.
  • My BFP was July 13th...my cycles are all weird. They are usually around 38 days, but I had that figured for my EDD as March 3.. A whole month later would almost be like I skipped a month right?? I know the dates are accurate, I'm just confused and hoping everything is ok
  • March 23 sounds more accurate for a July 13th BFP.
    mama to: addison (6) emery (3) oliver (brand new!)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • same thing happened to me. LMP is same as yours, but i'm only 7w3d! So impatient, I feel like I've been pregnant for so long already... lol
    VOTE on my Name List                              image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Haha me too!

The past couple months have been really hectic, so I only took the BFP test after I realized AF hadnt visited at all in June. OR july. AF is usually around the 1st week of the month. I don't get why the BFP date has anything to do with it though..?
  • Glad your BFP dates seem to confirm being less far along. Can you request a follow up ultrasound in a week? I think at this point it doesn't matter if you are measuring a month behind, it only matters if you don't show a week's growth in a week. Does that make sense? It seems like everything is perfect with your dates though, but if it were me, I'd be nervous and want the confirmation!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Check out my blog: www.lifescravin.blogspot.com
  • I am totally nervous! She said if I got worried or anything and wanted another check up to just call in and schedule it. Otherwise my next appt isn't until Aug 26, 3 weeks just seems like forever! What does the BFP date say about how far along I am though?  
  • I'm glad that you were able to see a heartbeat! Were they able to measure the bpm?
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My u/s tech said dating was not that accurate until the 12 week scan. Maybe by that point your date will correct itself some. But for now...congrats for a healthy baby with a heartbeat !!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
    I'm 36; DS 14; DS 12; DD 9; SD 15; SD 9 and DH 37
    BFP July 10, 2013 and EDD march 18, 2014.
    Left ovarian cyst and right unicornuate uterus (will likely be treated high risk again)

• Thanks :) I asked about the bpm and she said they didn't measure it yet. It seemed to be pretty quick though. The Dr also said that they were keeping my due date the same no matter what. and that even if the baby measures bigger or whatever and they'd "update" it, it wont matter cuz they will keep that date the whole way through
  • I am totally nervous! She said if I got worried or anything and wanted another check up to just call in and schedule it. Otherwise my next appt isn't until Aug 26, 3 weeks just seems like forever! What does the BFP date say about how far along I am though?  
    You won't have enough HCG in your system to trigger a positive pregnancy test until around 9-14 days after you conceive. So you got a positive BFP July 13, let's hypothetically say you got pregnant around June 30/July 1. It's possible you could have gotten your BFP sooner if you had taken an HPT sooner, you'll never know. But if July 13 was the earliest you could have gotten a positive, that is in line with a late March due date.

FWIW, my due dates have never been correct based on LMP and everything is fine. I just have long cycles (32-40 days) so I don't typically ovulate on the textbook cycle day 14. With DD1 my LMP put due date at Feb 14, but early u/s put it at March 3. With DD2, it was only off by 4 days instead of a couple weeks, but with this pregnancy we know based on bestas it's off by at least a week. I'll find out for sure tomorrow.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • This sounds almost exactly like my story. My LMP was 5/26 and I got my BFP (very faint) on 7/4. My cycles were long (35-39 days) so I added a week to my calc of my due date which made it 3/9 and the doc based it on LMP making it 3/2. I had my second US yesterday when I would have been 9 wks 1day, but I only measured 6wks 2 days (changing the due date to 3/23) and we couldn't see a heartbeat, but everything looked normal. They measured my HCG and it increased from last week so it seems there is nothing to worry about.

I wouldn't worry, you probably just ovulated later. Congrats on the hearing the heartbeat!
    TTC#1 January 2013, BFP 7/4/13 MC 8/7/13 D&C 8/22/13
    BFP 5/20/14 CP 5/26/14
    BFP 12/6/14 DD Born an Angel on 7/17/15 at 35 weeks
    An Angel in The Book of Life
    Wrote Down Our Baby's Birth
    And Whispered as She Closed the Book
    Too Beautiful for Earth...
    TTC#2 August 2015 BFP 9/10/15 EDD 5/26/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had a very similar experience too. My due date is 3/19. I went in for what I thought was an 8 week appt but based on the untrasound the doctor said I was only 6 weeks. We saw the heart beat but didn't hear it. I'm going back next week. I agree, it was nerve wracking to get a surprise like this and I just can't wait for the next appointment to confirm that everything is alright and that conception was just later than we thought.
  • memali26 said:

I am totally nervous! She said if I got worried or anything and wanted another check up to just call in and schedule it. Otherwise my next appt isn't until Aug 26, 3 weeks just seems like forever! What does the BFP date say about how far along I am though?  

You won't have enough HCG in your system to trigger a positive pregnancy test until around 9-14 days after you conceive. So you got a positive BFP July 13, let's hypothetically say you got pregnant around June 30/July 1. It's possible you could have gotten your BFP sooner if you had taken an HPT sooner, you'll never know. But if July 13 was the earliest you could have gotten a positive, that is in line with a late March due date.

FWIW, my due dates have never been correct based on LMP and everything is fine. I just have long cycles (32-40 days) so I don't typically ovulate on the textbook cycle day 14. With DD1 my LMP put due date at Feb 14, but early u/s put it at March 3. With DD2, it was only off by 4 days instead of a couple weeks, but with this pregnancy we know based on bestas it's off by at least a week. I'll find out for sure tomorrow.

Ok I get it now! :) we hadn't tested prior to the 13 thats what confused me..i just did it on a whim..the 30th is quite possibly when I conceived ..i remember ;) haha but thank you ladies! You've eased my nerves a bit! I have another appt Aug 26 so we'll see!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"