Parenting

PR Obsessed with where things go?

Reese for the last month or two has been obsessing over where things go. I blame DH for showing her some simple magic tricks (making a toy come out of her ear, having a toy "disappear" from under a cup.) 

For the most part it is adorable and playful. She'll throw a blanket over her hand and go "where did hand go?" She'll hide and yell: "Where did Reesie go?' Or pulling on my dress going: "Where did Mommy's nipples go?" 

Other times it is when she is worried--separation anxiety from us, a missing toy. Actually she seems to have more anxiety about a missing toy then us leaving. Go figure. Today she had a pink car and looked at it and went "where did purple car go?" Unfortunately she remembers every toy she has, so if one disappears she starts to get panicked. 

But tonight she had a full on melt down about a stray cat disappearing into the woods. She saw it from our window and as the cat walked away she was hysterical about where the cat went to. "Where did cat go? Where did cat go?"

Is there anyway to help this along? Relax her? Is it just a personality trait? 

Help!
My daughter is my hero.

Re: PR Obsessed with where things go?

• This kind of sounds like a variant of the "Why?" phase.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • I remember my kid being stuck on a "Where did it go?" loop at that age. I bet it's just a phase. Now we're on to bigger and more screamlike things. 

GL, OP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DS does that. "Where'd dinosaur go? He hiding again." Sometimes he knows where it is and he loves "finding" it (rinse, lather, repeat.) Other times he freaks out about the missing thing until I can distract him or find it.
  • Soxgirl07 said:
    DS does that. "Where'd dinosaur go? He hiding again." Sometimes he knows where it is and he loves "finding" it (rinse, lather, repeat.) Other times he freaks out about the missing thing until I can distract him or find it.
    That is her. Sometimes she will hide a toy and go: "Where did _____ go? It's gone. I find it." Other times when she actually loses a toy and finds it--she squeals: "Bert, I found you!" Or she just freaks out about being gone for days and days.
    My daughter is my hero.
  • Tristan does that...he will constantly ask where people went even if they are just in the bathroom. Now he is in the "what's that noise?" phase.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"