August 2013 Moms
Options

NBR: Vent!!!!

I work at a college and we pay 80 dollars a month for parking permits...yup, even for staff. I came out To my car to go to my doctor appt. and I had a ticket on my car. The ticket said that I was parked in two spaces and they have pictures as proof. Of course, i didnt see the ticket until I had driven away so I cant reference how I was parked or take pictures. There were cars to my left, right, and front this morning when I parked so I don't know how I could have parked in two spaces. Maybe my front wheels were a little, tiny bit over. I am so livid that I got a $65 ticket. I am sitting in my dr's. office trying to calm down before they take my blood pressure. I would love to see these pictures they supposedly have because I don't know how my car can be in two spots when the other spots were occupied!!! Ugh!! I hate the parking patrol at work. Thanks for letting me vent.

Re: NBR: Vent!!!!

• Options
    Maybe go into the office and use being pregnant and not being able to get into/out of your driver's side as an excuse. That sucks, I always hated parking on campus.
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • Options
    I work at a university too and it stinks to have to pay to park!! I always contest tickets and if nothing else have gotten a break in the fee. GL!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh...colleges RAPE you on parking fees, and the parking nazis never seem to miss an opportunity to ticket you, at least at Michigan State where I went. Sorry this happened to you, hun. I'm with Jill - go to their office and milk that baby bump!
    image"">imageimageimage"">image"

• Options
    I pay 245 to park as a student and got cited once because they didn't "see my decal. I went off. I told the girl that my decal never comes off my rear view so I know it was there, they just didn't look. They took the charge off. I didn't even get a physical copy, i just happened to see it on my student receivable account.
    imageimageimageimage

• Options
    During grad school I got a ticket on the first day of classes.  Campus policy was not to ticket the first day of class to get everybody a chance to get their permits and what not.  Sure enough, the first night of class I get ticketed after rushing to campus to try and get to the security office before they closed at 4pm to get a permit.  As a teacher, or any other profession for that matter, it is nearly impossible to get to campus from anywhere before 4pm with the traffic that surrounded the campus.  I got permission from my principal to leave the same time as the kids the next day so I could get to campus before 4 and fight my ticket.  I got there at 3:50, went in and almost couldn't speak to any parking officers because they were getting ready to go home.  I fought the ticket and said that policy was not to ticket the first day and I was ticketed the first day.  They tore it up and I didn't have to pay it, but parking at colleges/universities is such a PITA!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Jill9288 said:
    Maybe go into the office and use being pregnant and not being able to get into/out of your driver's side as an excuse. That sucks, I always hated parking on campus.
    This is brilliant.
  • Options

I pay 245 to park as a student and got cited once because they didn't "see my decal. I went off. I told the girl that my decal never comes off my rear view so I know it was there, they just didn't look. They took the charge off. I didn't even get a physical copy, i just happened to see it on my student receivable account.

That's ridiculous! I don't know what those people get paid for!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"