December 2013 Moms
Options

First bump grabbing @ work

As I was walking out of the break room after lunch I had a lady I work with pat my belly when she was talking to me. Luckily for her it doesn't really bother me, I know she would draw back a nub with most pregnant women.

Anyone else having people grab for your bumps yet?
April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: First bump grabbing @ work

• Options
    As I was walking out of the break room after lunch I had a lady I work with pat my belly when she was talking to me. Luckily for her it doesn't really bother me, I know she would draw back a nub with most pregnant women. Anyone else having people grab for your bumps yet?
    Boo hiss.  Workplace faux pas.
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • Options
    Not with this pregnancy because in a SAHM now but with my first I worked in retail and it happened occasionally. Usually sweet old ladies but a couple times old men tried it. I was about to snap on someone by the end. Lol I'm not into strangers touching my stomach.ps my step mom pulled up my SIL shirt and rubbed her belly once. Most awkward five mi items of her life. Lol so glad it wasn't me!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not without asking! Only one lady at work has rubbed my belly but she did ask first. 

I did,  however, have my first stranger ask me when I was due. I was excited, I must finally be past the beer gut stage!
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So I totally thought I would be one of those people that hates it, but so far, the people that have done it I'm okay with.  I'm rarely in my corporate office but when I was there last week, my assistant who is in her 60s with grandkids of her own reached out to rub the bump.  I actually found it kind of endearing since I never see her.

I'm sure I'll still get creeped out if a stranger does it.

• Options

Not with this pregnancy because in a SAHM now but with my first I worked in retail and it happened occasionally. Usually sweet old ladies but a couple times old men tried it. I was about to snap on someone by the end. Lol I'm not into strangers touching my stomach.ps my step mom pulled up my SIL shirt and rubbed her belly once. Most awkward five mi items of her life. Lol so glad it wasn't me!

OMG!! family or not, if anyone other than SO lifts up my shirt I will no longer be ok with it! Lol
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    jy725jy725 member

DH and MIL do but I don't mind. I haven't experienced it with a stranger yet but people are starting to take notice. I've been getting lots of smiles from passerbys, so I can't complain here!

• Options
    I had my first belly rub/ grab at 7 weeks! Now when someone at work runs my "paunch" I rub theirs right back. Yeah, I'm pregnant and bloated, what's your excuse???
  • Options
    bty19bty19 member
    ive yet to have a stranger.....so not sure how that will make me feel . I have had co workers and other people touch it, who I am not close to - but it doesnt bother me.

• Options
    I don't care if they touch it but if they touch it and make an ignorant comment about it being big then I want to punch them in the face.
     BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby GIRL due 12/26
  • Options
    Someone -- a man, naturally -- asked me how far along I was last week and before I answered he conjectured "7 months or something like that?"  I did not hide my taken aback face (I make a really good, really animated taken aback face, like this  /:) ) before telling him five months.  He made some apology and I flat out said, "Yeah, I get it, you're a man, what do you know."  My husband, who was standing next to me at the time, did a total facepalm.

I'm telling you guys, my hormone spikes lately are embarrassing people.
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • Options
    Not yet, but it seems super unprofessional in the workplace. I guess it depends on where you work too.
    Pregnancy Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"