Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

OPK help- they don't seem to be changing at all

Hi, im new to this area of TK, so please, bare with me. 

I've been using OPKs for over a week now and have been testing about 2-3 times a day, I have yet to see a difference between my lines from one day to the next.  They all look "almost" positive, but then never get lighter or darker?  It's starting to worry me that I may have something wrong such as pcos..

On Easter I had a mc so I know we CAN get pregnant, i'm just unsure if i'm ovulating or if i have a high level of LH throughout my cycle and if you thought it was normal or not before i schedule an appt. with my doc. 

Any thoughts?  I test 2-3 times a day, once with SMU, then again at 2-3pm and then at 8-9 pm if i'm feeling hopeful.  
TIA

ETA: I test but not every day like I should, and I have had a spike in temp, but also had one day (CD14) that my temp was 97.2, and I am NEVER that low, my coverline is 98.2 

Re: OPK help- they don't seem to be changing at all

• Options
    What CD (cycle day) are you on?  How long is your cycle typically (off birth control)?  The first month I stuck with OPKs I didn't O until C28, I think I started on CD10 - so I tested for 2 weeks before I finally saw a positive.
                                                  *********************SIGGY WARNING*************************
                                        May 14 Siggy                                             
    TTC #1 since June 2012.  DX: Unexplained Infertility.  Me: Hypothyroid
    3 Failed Femara + TI cycles and 4 Failed Injects + B2B IUI cycles
    Cycle 23: IVF#1 CoQ10 + Lupron + Puregon = BFP!!
    Beta #1: 199   Beta #2: 800+   It's TWINS!  EDD: Feb 19, 2015
    Team Purple!!!!
    L & E arrived early on January 5, 2015!!
    ~~~All are welcome!~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I started testing on CD 13 and now I'm on CD22, and have had EWCM on CD14 (which would be early for me to O that day, this is the same day I had a 1 degree temp dip?)  Usually I have 37 day long cycles, and my luteal phase is ALWAYS 14 days long, so maybe it's just too early? 

Do you think that all my tests (18 of them) being the same and almost positive is normal? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine are usually pretty stark white until I'm within a few days of O, but I don't think that's necessarily something to be concerned about - perhaps someone else can chime in if they have any info on that.

I would just keep testing and checking CM.  You can get EWCM at different points throughout your cycle.  I'm usually in the 32-35 day cycle and *typically* O around CD20, give or take.  Also, remember that you're always regular/the same until you're not, wonky cycles can happen.  Do you chart with FF?  Can you link it?
                                        May 14 Siggy                                             
    Team Purple!!!!
    ~~~All are welcome!~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ive never had a white one, every single one is almost positive and theyre all the same, so it doesnt seem like my LH is rising or falling which is what im confused over. 

Im a crappy tester, so I don't have FF, but I do have a picture of my OPK sheet of them all next to each other if you want me to post it if that would help? 
  • Options
    Last month mine all looked equally dark until after I had ovulated, then they got lighter. I started testing on CD10 and ovulated on CD14.
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • Options
    It couldn't hurt :)
    I would think about FF if I were you, it's really easy to use and makes it so much easier when asking for advice on here if we can look at your chart.  
                                        May 14 Siggy                                             
    Team Purple!!!!
    ~~~All are welcome!~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ignore the sloppy handwriting haha, and I know, next cycle if OPKs don't work out we will add FF to the list of baby making to-dos. 

@missladytay , that's conforting, glad im not the only one 
    :)
    1.jpg 109.5K
  • Options
    heres one closer, also theres one in the middle that is barely there- ignore that one, it was too diluted since i didnt wait 2 hour to go to the bathroom to test so it came out super neg. 
  • Options
    I just tested for 21 days straight and just had my first + at 2pm today!  I tested last night at 9pm and nothing.  It will come!!
  • Options
    patience is a virtue and patience i do not have!  Guess it is too early yet.  Thank you for all the help so now I can stop worrying something is wrong and analyzing every little thing
  • Options
    Mine are pretty similar to your in that they look almost positive all month long. It really had me thinking I was doing something wrong. This is the first cycle that I tested twice a day every day starting with CD 8, and when I actually got a positive on CD17 there was no doubt about it. The test line was significantly darker than the control. 

In your picture, none of them look positive to me, but I totally understand your concern, because most of what I've read/seen online shows a fade in pattern. I suggest testing twice a day, and if you never get a positive, start testing earlier next cycle. I'm also going to start temping next cycle because all the guessing about OPKs is making me crazy!

BabyFruit Ticker 

image image image image image
    Married since June 2012
    EDD May 2014
  • Options
    I am on cd 42. I have peed on about 75 sticks this month. Yesterdays was the first and only pos OPK I got. And I only got a pos in the morning... I tested my first pee yesterday. But normal I test between 11-3 and then again at 5-10. GL!!
  • Options
    Last cycle I started using OPKs on about CD14 and didn't get a positive until CD19.  Mine were completely white until about CD17 then I could just barely see a line.  CD19 it was BAM! definitely positive, almost out of nowhere.  I have heard that some people see more of a gradual progression over their cycle, where the line gets darker and darker until it is the same color as the control line.  That didn't happen for me.  I tested probably 3 times a day.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"