November 2013 Moms
Options

XP: late triplet intro

Hi all!  Long time lurker and silent supporter, but this is my first post.  I'm a FTM, technically due November 14 with spontaneous triplets, an identical set of twin girls (no membrane) and a boy.  Due to the girls, the doctors won't let me go much past 32.0 (late September) and I'm headed for HBR at 26.1 for monitoring.  While, at our 10 week appointment, the MFMs gave us a 50 percent chance of delivering three live babies and 90 percent chance of major birth defects in one or more - we have been blessed with an uneventful pregnancy and three perfect children still cooking away at 24.5.  It's been a long ride - and it will get more exciting before it's over - but I've mostly just taken it a day at a time.

I just wanted to say thank you to all of the amazing ladies on the multiples, high risk and november 2013 boards.  I've never been one to post anything, anywhere, but I have been so grateful to you all for your guidance, humor and advice. Particularly seeing where some of the multiple moms have gone, has given me some hope that I won't be completely drowning once I actually get these little ones home.  (Honestly, I've been so focused on growing them and getting them out safe, there has not been a whole lot of thought about what happens after!) I've prayed for many of you and hope to be a more active supporter on the boards in the future.  Thanks for letting me join you all.

Re: XP: late triplet intro

• Options
    Congratulations on a legit miracle!  Welcome.
    Me 39, DH 40. Married on 9/18/2010 and have been TTC since. IVF # 1-7/13/2012, 15 retreived, 6 fertilized, 2 transferred, 4 frozen. BFP Natural MC 9/10 IVF#2, FET - 12/3/201 2 - 3 transferred, BFP! Natural MC 12/25/2012 IFV #3, 2/27/2013 - 3 transferred, BFP! TWINS!!! Loss of one twin 3/20/13.One sticky hanging on!Pregnancy%20ticker
    imageimage

• Options
    I hope your pregnancy continues to progress well and that you beat the odds!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow that is truly amazing! Welcome and congrats!
  • Options
    So amazing! Wishing you continued success and healthy delivery of all your babies!
  • Options
    Thank you for the welcome - and GOBLU - I haven't been on my computer in awhile (mostly mobile bump) and the fail pic is absolutely hilarious!
  • Options
    dnt27dnt27 member
    Congrats on your 3 little blessings! I hope your pregnancy continues to progress and continues to be uneventful. Welcome to the board and good luck!
    Teagan Grace born 12.07.13

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

January siggy challenge
  • Options
    babymama619babymama619 member
    edited July 2013
    32, wow that seems early, are the girls showing signs of TTS? I was a nanny for triplets for 5 years. 1 boy, identical girls. They were allowed to cook until 35+5, amazingly! The first one was him in 2 weeks and the last was home by 3 weeks. Now 6 years later they are all healthy and happy. surpringly the boy is the only one with mild mental delays, but nothing that would impede his ability to have a successful "normal" life.

I wish you the best of luck and can't wait to hear all the crazy thoughts you have during HBR and the crazy adventures afterwards!

• Options
    Hi Babymama619 and thanks!  Unfortunately the issue isn't the trips - it's the momo ID girls.  Because there is no membrane separating them, cord entanglement becomes a serious issue the bigger they get.  They're just gone one day.  Up until a few years ago momo twins only had a 50/50 chance of survival, although that's been boosted with the hospital monitoring.  They don't tend to let momo twins go more than 32-34 weeks - and that's not counting when there's a third party in there taking up space.

Given that my cervix is still 4.3 as of this week (nearly 25) and there are no preterm labor signs (knock wood) - I think they'd let me carry normal trips (each with own placenta or at least sac) until I cried uncle...
  • Options
    Congrats on your babies! My aunt is the proud mom of quads so I've watched pretty close hand the crazy, fun, stressful, exciting moments that go into raising multiples and she wouldn't trade it for the world! Good luck and thoughts and prayers for 3 healthy babies!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Wow! Instant family! Welcome and congrats on 3 perfect babes.
  • Options
    Congratulations on three LOs! Wishing you a boring 7.5 weeks!
  • Options
    Congrats on your bundles!  Thinking of you during these next few weeks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats how amazing!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Wyatt Born 09/05/08 MC Jan 2012 MC Feb 2012 MC Jan 2013

Image and video hosting by TinyPic photo taco_zps623667d1.jpg
    August Siggy Challenge Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Hi Babymama619 and thanks!  Unfortunately the issue isn't the trips - it's the momo ID girls.  Because there is no membrane separating them, cord entanglement becomes a serious issue the bigger they get.  They're just gone one day.  Up until a few years ago momo twins only had a 50/50 chance of survival, although that's been boosted with the hospital monitoring.  They don't tend to let momo twins go more than 32-34 weeks - and that's not counting when there's a third party in there taking up space.

Given that my cervix is still 4.3 as of this week (nearly 25) and there are no preterm labor signs (knock wood) - I think they'd let me carry normal trips (each with own placenta or at least sac) until I cried uncle...
    Wow, so scary, thank goodness it sounds like you have a great team of doctors looking out for you...and the gang. Hopefully you have a good support system outside of the hospital too, your going to need it:)

I also nannied for a set of twins that were born at 33 weeks. They spent five weeks in the NICU I think. Now at two they are healthy and completely on track when compared with every other kid their age. Sending good vibes your way!

• Options
    WOW.  Congratulations and welcome!
  • Options
    Official welcome, congrats on you miracles and prayers for continued blessings on your family! I hope you stick around and tell us stories of your progress!
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome. Wow what a perfect miracle... I, too, wish you an uneventful 7.5 weeks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Wowza! Congrats on three amazing blessings! Welcome to the board, looking forward to seeing you around :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
      BabyFetus Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"