Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Weight loss by BF

I read that you lose the most fat by BF between 3 to 6 months. Has anyone found this to be true?

Re: Weight loss by BF

• No. I have found that I am hungry all the time and I feel like I'm eating all the time because of that, and I'm not really gaining weight...but I'm also definitely not losing weight at any kind of incredible pace. 
  • I did, i eat all the time and i now weigh less then i did before i got pregnant.
  • Loading the player...
  • I lost the most weight between 0 to 3 months, now I think I'm slowly starting to gain some of it back.  But I still weigh 20 pounds less than I did when I found out I was pg.
  • Rose120 said:
    No. I have found that I am hungry all the time and I feel like I'm eating all the time because of that, and I'm not really gaining weight...but I'm also definitely not losing weight at any kind of incredible pace. 
    Yep, this is me too. I had about 10 pounds left and I noticed around 6 months I was losing a little and by 7 months I was 5 pounds away from my pre-baby weight. I try to eat healthy but have definitely had dessert here and there and haven't been watching my calories at all. I'm scared it'll have a negative affect on my supply. I think I'm one of those people that tends to hold on to the extra fat while BFing. 

• Didn't happen to me.  I was back at my pre-pg weight at 3 months, but I still had 5 more lbs to go from fertility drugs for IVF.  I did not lose a single pound from 3-6 months.  Between 6-9 months, I lost about 1-2 lbs.  So I'm now at 1-2 lbs below my pre-pg weight.  Not sure if the weight loss during 6-9mm was from eating less as it's summer, or if it's from BF.  I'm eating a lot less now compared to when I was first pp.
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's hard for me because I'm always hungry!  I know with DD I finally lost it all by 9 months without trying.  With DS it will probably be the same.  I'm about 4 pounds away now I think.  Just recently the scale has been starting to move in the right direction again, so here's hoping!
  • I was below my pre-pregnancy weight within a week or two after giving birth (I didnt gain all that much due to losing like 10lbs in the first trimester from being sick) but still.. So I'm not losing weight but I am about 5lbs below my pre-preg weight. But for how much I feel like I eat, I guess I'm just happy I'm not gaining.
  • I lost all my baby weight then some with both kids thanks to the bfing. However, once I stopped around 6 months I was so used to eating the extra calories that it was hard to train myself not to and I'm slowly gaining again. Even though I'm getting better with the eating it's still really hard to keep the weight off.

• I lost 20lbs the first 3 weeks pp, the next 30lbs have been slowly coming off since. I was back at my pre pregnancy weight at about 8 months pp without working out once and eating desserts almost every day. I eat a healthy balanced diet but I have notice lately that I've been eating a lot more than normal.
  • Nope. I think it helps you burn calories, but you are still eating an additional 500 calories a day. So to me, it's like that cancels it out. I just stick to eating healthy, exercise, lots of water, and time.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • beane4018 said:

I did, i eat all the time and i now weigh less then i did before i got pregnant.

This

Me too!

• I'm still hungry all the time, and have certainly not had the dramatic weight loss I fantasized about. I gained 45 and now, 7 months pp, I have 12 left to go.

On the plus side, I pretty much eat whatever I want and haven't GAINED weight, knock on wood.
  • rjeller32 said:

Nope. I think it helps you burn calories, but you are still eating an additional 500 calories a day. So to me, it's like that cancels it out. I just stick to eating healthy, exercise, lots of water, and time.

I don't eat any additional calories and I have an over supply issue.
  • I gained 50lbs with DS, lost 30 within 5 days of his birth, 15 came off between 3-6 mos, and I'm hoping to keep the last 5lbs on, as I was underweight to start. With DD, it all came off in the 3-6 mos range.
  • AmberEA14 said:
    Rose120 said:
    No. I have found that I am hungry all the time and I feel like I'm eating all the time because of that, and I'm not really gaining weight...but I'm also definitely not losing weight at any kind of incredible pace. 
    Yep, this is me too. I had about 10 pounds left and I noticed around 6 months I was losing a little and by 7 months I was 5 pounds away from my pre-baby weight. I try to eat healthy but have definitely had dessert here and there and haven't been watching my calories at all. I'm scared it'll have a negative affect on my supply. I think I'm one of those people that tends to hold on to the extra fat while BFing. 
    Me too. I have about 7 pounds to go and am 7.5 months post partum. I think this 7 pounds is going to stick around until I slow down the BF'ing. I don't want to hurt my supply so I'm not worrying about it now, but after 12 - 14 months, I'm going to start working out/watching what I eat more hard core and let the chips fall where they may in terms of supply.
  • No. I have found I can't lose weight while breast feeding because I'm hungry all the time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No. I have found I can't lose weight while breast feeding because I'm hungry all the time!
    Me too. I'm just ravenous.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• I did, i eat all the time and i now weigh less then i did before i got pregnant.
    This. As soon as I went back to work (DD was about 3 and a half months) and started walking more every day, I got back into my PP clothes quick, and now my pants make me look like I have droopy drawers. I'm currently trying to gain weight because DD is just sucking it all out of me. It's not the worst problem to have, I know, but I need to keep up my calories for her and it's become pretty difficult. I was really hoping to keep my PP boobs, too!
  • I am also hungry all the time and workout pretty hard and can't lose the fat.  I think I'm not eating enough so my body is storing the fat to keep up with the milk production.....just my guess.  Everyone is different.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"