March 2014 Moms

my reality check...

Maybe it's just me being a FTM, but I had a bit of a freak out moment today. Now, I love my little ticker that shows me that my baby is now the size of an appleseed and I think it's so cute to know what fruit size they are, but I just noticed that the 39 week fruit is a freakin WATERMELON!! And that is going to have to come out of me! I brought this up to DH and he laughed and said "well, what did you think was going to happen?" 

I always think about the BABY part, at home, after, and cuddling... not the "watermelon coming out of my body" part! I can feel the anxiety rising in my chest and I still have 35 weeks to go lol! 

Anyone else having these feelings? or are you now that I've pointed it out? My bad ;)

IAmPregnant Ticker image VOTE on my Name List
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker 
March Siggy Theme

Re: my reality check...

• Haha I've definitely a few "oh shit" moments thinking how a watermelon is going to come out of my vagina. I try to bring my focus back to what is going on right now in this moment. And I'm trusting as it gets closer, maybe I'll come to terms with! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • nope...I will worry about delivery the closer it gets I'm sure, but your body knows what to do and I'm all about the epidural, so I'm not too concerned. 
  • Loading the player...
    Yep! LOL The other day I was flipping through the channels and landed on the documentary First Comes Love, right at the part where she gave birth. When I saw that I was like, "Oh my...this is going to happen". I keep telling myself that our bodies are designed to do this and that if other women can do it, so can I! Yikes. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Don't worry, your baby will not actually be as big around or rigidly formed as a watermelon.  :)

And it's totally worth it. :)
    Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • As a STM, I will say...once you see that little face you forget all of the pain it took to get you to that moment.  It's all worth it.  (I had a C-section) but it's seriously NOT that bad.  In the moment...umm...it sucks...but in hindsight...its NOT that bad.  Now...you mamas with no epi...WOW, kudos because you are a strong chic! :) 

married 9.2007
    dd born 8.2010
    #2 due 3.15.14

• It sucks. That said, it happens once and then you never have to birth that baby again. And look at it this way- a lot of us our working on our second or third baby. If it was THAT bad, we wouldn't be doing it. 

Also, epidurals. Lovely, miraculous, wonderful, epidurals. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ClaireBear90ClaireBear90 member
    edited July 2013
    Don't worry, your baby will not actually be as big around or rigidly formed as a watermelon.  :)

And it's totally worth it. :)
    This, lol. You will not be pushing out a watermelon (heaven help you if you were). When I was 7 months pregnant I saw an acquaintance whose baby weighed about 8 pounds. I took one look at how tiny he was and said, okay, I think I can handle this. DD was 7 pounds 14 oz and I only had one tiny tear that didn't even require stitching. So don't fret. Yeah, it hurts, but you'll be just fine. :)

ETA: I have to add that I did not immediately forget all of the pain. I wasn't focused on it, but I didn't forget it. ;) Maybe drugs help with that, lol, but I remember my unmedicated birth pretty vividly. However, it's obviously worth it, because here I am expecting another one!
    It's a boy! Born 42 weeks, 2 days.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • When I first saw my favorite OB he told me a story. He was having his hair cut and there was a pregnant woman there and all the women were telling her their awful childbirth stories and the girl was getting anxious. My OB said to the woman who was cutting his hair, "How many children do you have?" and she said, "I have four" to which he answered, "I stuck a fork in an electrical socket once, I'll never do it again." 

A lot of us here have already done it. It's not fun but it's so worth it and yeah epidural = heaven.

• It's definitely scary and pregnancy is gross and it hurts and there are things your husband will have to do for you that he NEVER thought he would.  But in the end, I would do it all (and I am) again in a heartbeat.  You forget the pain.  Last time I reminded myself that thousands of women have babies everyday, and if they can do it I can do it....and most of them come back to do it several more times.

And when you get really scared, just think of my grandma.  She did it 12 times!  And at least 3 or 4 of her babies were 10 pounders!

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• jwls84jwls84 member
    Yep it's gonna happen and it isn't the most fun you'll have, but you'll have your beautiful baby after and it'll all be good.
    I remember being in denial that it couldn't hurt that bad, lol. While it did hurt it is something our bodies are made to do so you'll do great!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I can just speak from personal experience, but with DS this seriously freaked me out and it truly wasn't as bad as I had worked it up to be. Now that I have had a child there are so many other things that I look forward to less...and I am not nearly as nervous about it this time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I remember seeing the watermelon a while ago, and freaking out...but it says "small watermelon" i think. I don't love the fruit examples actually - I think that they aren't really representative after the first or second trimester, once your baby starts taking shape and is bigger than a ball of cells. 
    I love all the pro epidural-isms. Obviously to each his own, and I have plenty of friends who swear by natural labor and say their children were born so alert, but being in a family with tons of doctors (dad, sister and her boyfriend, cousin and her husband), they all say JUST GET AN EPIDURAL. Haha!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Check out my blog: www.lifescravin.blogspot.com
  • Once you are in the moment, you won't even think about the fear of actually going through childbirth. You will be more focused on the pain and getting the baby out so the pain will go away :)
  • I loved my natural birth so much.  In reality, babies head is usually 12-13"~  and very smushable coming out.  Our bodies are made to birth! it's great :)
    mama to: addison (6) emery (3) oliver (brand new!)
  • i'm terrified!!! think i prefer a c-section... 
    VOTE on my Name List                              image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ceventa said:
    Yep! LOL The other day I was flipping through the channels and landed on the documentary First Comes Love, right at the part where she gave birth. When I saw that I was like, "Oh my...this is going to happen". I keep telling myself that our bodies are designed to do this and that if other women can do it, so can I! Yikes. 
    hahahaha!  This!  For sure!

• Sanibel21 said:
    Haha I've definitely a few "oh shit" moments thinking how a watermelon is going to come out of my vagina. I try to bring my focus back to what is going on right now in this moment. And I'm trusting as it gets closer, maybe I'll come to terms with! :)

This. Even though I have been through it once, it still is like holy shiznit...
  • Eh, by week 38 you'll be begging that child to come out! I had an unmedicated birth with baby #1 and it was totally tolerable! I was feeling great 10 minutes after birth. You can do this!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always.
    As long as I'm living,
    my baby you'll be."
  • Don't worry it's not that bad! If it was do you really think people would keep having kids! I know for me, it sucked, not gonna lie, but honestly, as soon as its over you look at your baby and don't even care about what you just went thru! Good luck!!! And remember there are always meds to help if you want!
    TTC since 4/2010 Clomid 3/2011 & 4/2011 BFP 5/2011 Natural MC 5/20/11 BFP 7/3/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BFP 11/9/2012 dx Partial Molar Pregnancy - D&C 12/11/12 HCG 12/10/2012 -96000 HCG 12/19/2012 -888 HCG 12/27/2012 -146 HCG 1/2/2013 -275 HCG 1/9/2013 -788 Dx with gestational trophoblastic disease 1/3/13 Meet with Oncologist for 1/11/2013 Second D&C 1/16 HCG 1/23/2013 - 88 HCG 1/30/2013 - 0 miracle!!!!!
  • sojaded said:
    i'm terrified!!! think i prefer a c-section... 
    Just keep in mind that recovery from a c-section is generally a heck of a lot worse. I'd rather have a painful birth that's quickly over and done with than be in pain from major surgery while I'm trying to take care of a newborn.
    It's a boy! Born 42 weeks, 2 days.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I watched the episode of Dirty Jobs where Mike Rowe did a c-section on a horse. I prefer the idea of pushing the baby out the traditional way.
  • I was terrified going into having DD. When I went into labor and the nurse checked me when I got to L&D and I was already an 8 I most definitely said, "Oh sh--!" But then I realized there was no going back. My epidural was amazing and while pushing for a few hours wasn't exactly fun, nor was laying there waiting for the doctor to finish stitching me up, it is totally worth it. I promise. Your body knows what to do, babies are flexible, and it will be okay.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

DD 1/3/2012
    BFP 5/21/2013 MC 5/24/2013
    BFP 7/16/2013 EDD 3/27/2014
  • It's so worth it, so so so worth it! Don't fret!
  • My best friend, who has two kids, gave me the best advice: "ignorance is bliss." I will not be watching any documentaries or shows that show childbirth. Outside of lamaze, I have no desire to even think about it. I'll deal with it when I'm there and not spend the next 8 months fretting. My body was built for this!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • stefaknee said:

I loved my natural birth so much.  In reality, babies head is usually 12-13"~  and very smushable coming out.  Our bodies are made to birth! it's great :)

Wait, wait, wait! I will push out something over a foot wide??!! This is not making me or my vagina feel better.

I also like the fruit examples. It's not representative of all dimensions of the baby--only the length.
    TTC #1 as of Feb. 2013
    BFP on Mar. 4, 2013, DX with MMC (blighted ovum) at 8 weeks, D&C
    TTC again as of May 2013
    BFP on June 24, 2013, EED March 12, 2014
    Diagnosed with endometriosis, PCOS, heterozygous MTHFR and positive for ANA

GROW BABY, GROW!
    BabyFruitTicker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"